MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Told you Rusko was the shit! 💙 I have NO idea why so many people are sleeping on him.

Duel sometime? My current list is Historic but I could probably make an Alchemy version.

Edit -- oh wait you're BO1ing. I haven't BO1ed in a long time. I might try your list for it tho, looks tasty.
Rusko and Oracle were obvious, but I'm the only person I've run into that's using The Reality Chip. It's a good early blocker against the aggro decks and then it just lets you go off against the midrange and control decks if they don't have a way to get rid of it.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rusko and Oracle were obvious, but I'm the only person I've run into that's using The Reality Chip.
I see The Reality Chip quite a bit in a Dimir shell but almost never anywhere else. I thought about it but I don't run enough creatures to really make it work.

You thought about a Thief of Sanity or two? If you expand to a BO3 list it's especially great out of the sideboard as a surprise against decks with light removal, sometimes even against control decks depending.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Mist Mist
Also you miiiiight be able to replace a removal spell or two with Murderous Rider. Dimir decks do really well with modal cards and that's one of the best ones.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Murderous Rider is not in Standard and therefore not in Alchemy. I also don't think you understand what this deck does. The point of Reality Chip is to cast all your moxen+lotuses+cantrips off the top of your deck and just go off, particularly with a Rusko in play but even without, and keep drawing 7 cards over and over until your opponent is dead either to Rusko drains or timewalking a bunch of times. It's more a combo deck that is just forced to play some removal due to having to survive against mono-red and also be able to reliably remove enemy Sheoldreds.

The card I would most be interested in fitting in this deck is probably Lier. Untapping with Lier would be fucking lol. But a 5 mana card would fuck me against mono-red, and there's a ton of mono-red even at the top of the ladder.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Murderous Rider is not in Standard and therefore not in Alchemy. I also don't think you understand what this deck does. The point of Reality Chip is to cast all your moxen+lotuses+cantrips off the top of your deck and just go off, particularly with a Rusko in play but even without, and keep drawing 7 cards over and over until your opponent is dead either to Rusko drains or timewalking a bunch of times. It's more a combo deck that is just forced to play some removal due to having to survive against mono-red and also be able to reliably remove enemy Sheoldreds.

The card I would most be interested in fitting in this deck is probably Lier. Untapping with Lier would be fucking lol. But a 5 mana card would fuck me against mono-red, and there's a ton of mono-red even at the top of the ladder.
Derp I'm high today don't mind me

Cerzi

Golden Knight of the Realm
Capture.PNG

definitely enjoying this set so far

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone opened an Aftermath CB. You can really feel how small the set is, even with so few cards in a CB. A bunch of planeswalkers that were Legendary Creatures. Interesting. And some of those cards he opened 3 different versions of, which I suppose is one way to stretch the tiny set. Really curious how many different arts/treatment versions there are vs number of unique cards. Even had a retro foil thrown in for good measure.

On the low end booster boxes are going for $75, and CBs for $185. I just don't see how the price on these CBs is going to hold, but what do I know /shrug

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Someone opened an Aftermath CB. You can really feel how small the set is, even with so few cards in a CB. A bunch of planeswalkers that were Legendary Creatures. Interesting. And some of those cards he opened 3 different versions of, which I suppose is one way to stretch the tiny set. Really curious how many different arts/treatment versions there are vs number of unique cards. Even had a retro foil thrown in for good measure.

On the low end booster boxes are going for $75, and CBs for $185. I just don't see how the price on these CBs is going to hold, but what do I know /shrug

I don't know who that person is in that video but it just comes off wrong. He should not be doing pack openings for Magic the Gathering. He should be doing videos on ways to place electrical sockets in your home or some other do it yourself kind of video. His enthusiasm is just so blase.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Getting the vibe that they are going to stop printing Planeswalkers, at least for a while, and replace them with Battles.

• 1Moron
  • 1Weird Boner

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

So get this. They fuck up and print an in-progress version of the art for one of her cards. If you want the actual art, you have to buy a completely different SL later for it as the secret card. Jesus Christ.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Also, what the fuck happened to Rebecca Guay? Shit, this is disappointing.

• 1WTF

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
She's been doing adult work under Rebecca Leveille for some time. I guess she wanted to bring some of that weirdness to MTG.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Also, what the fuck happened to Rebecca Guay? Shit, this is disappointing.

Secret Lair: Stoneforge Mystic, plus some random trash. Please submit your weirdest/worst art Rebecca so we can use it on these throwaway cards no one even knows about.