Murders and Shootings

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Charlie Brooker did a piece about this. It's worth watching --http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezlFNTGWv4
That's a great video - everyone should watch it.

I'm fucking pissed about this. But can you guys keep the politics out of this shit for at least 24 hours?
Yeah, that's never going to happen on this board. Unless you and Draegen want to start getting crazy, modding general and watch people take off.

To paraphrase Trey Parker: Either you can talk about everything or you can talk about nothing.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Checked the stream to the anchor saying "piles of children in the room" and closed it instantly. Not a lot of things bother me, but god damn.

Why would you even say that. Way to have a fucking heart, you cunt

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It almost surely isn't about being pushed, its about doing the most fucked up thing possible to get media coverage.
frown.png
This.

frown.png

frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's never going to happen on this board. Unless you and Draegen want to start getting crazy, modding general and watch people take off.

To paraphrase Trey Parker: Either you can talk about everything or you can talk about nothing.
Yeah I know. And no I'm not going to censor people. I'm just fucking mad is all.

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
So I guess the 24 year old with the vest,guns is a apprehended suspect and the shooter is a 20yr old from NJ or has NJ license plates and has ties to the school.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
This is why we need better mental health programs and more funding for social work. They are the only people, after the person's family, who can possibly prevent situations escalating into something like this.
This is an interesting approach to the issue, but I don't see it as being economically viable.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
how bout you guys shut the fuck up about the pro-gun/anti-gun shit for just a while?
If you can't have it after 20 kids are murdered, when can you? Should every response be 'oh my god, this is terrible, praying for the victims'? not much of a conversation there. It's terrible, there isn't two sides to that discussion. We have to look into prevention at some point

We're all pissed about this

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Anyone up for at the very least closing the loophole that allows people to buy guns at gun shows without a background check?

Helios

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first question isn't going to be about the gun but about the security of the school. How did the shooter gain access, etc. This may lead to all schools have locked front door policy, needing to get buzzed in for admittance. Similar to how a lot of day cares work.
I was listening to the live stream for a few minutes, and I thought the reporter mentioned that this school does have a locked front door policy and was buzzed in by someone inside. Not 100% sure if that is what I heard because I am at work and had the volume low. Anyone else hear this?

Neki

Molten Core Raider

Paul Adams BBC News, Washington

For some time, the apparent lack of panic outside the school led networks to report that the death toll was low, including the gunman and members of staff. But over the past hour, an altogether more horrific picture has emerged. With the police still sweeping the school, there are reports that an entire class, possibly a kindergarten, remains unaccounted for.

Anyone up for at the very least closing the loophole that allows people to buy guns at gun shows without a background check?
Sure, let's also ban fire pokers, baseball bats, large knives, nail guns etc. All of which could easily be used to kill elementary school kids trapped in a classroom.

What needs to be regulated is ammunition.

Jaws_sl

shitlord
This world we live in has always been a fucked up place.

We just now know about it in 3 seconds vs maybe never ever hearing about things or days after it happens.

EDIT: They did report that they have a locked door report to the office policy at this school. Also just heard that there was a connection to the shooter and the school.

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord
BBC news is still saying that one class is unaccounted for. Any info on this from american sources?
Think they said there were 2 Kinder classes with 17 kids in each...and if there are 18 child victims then that would mean that douchebag murdered an entire class and that's the one that is unaccounted for in this whole tragedy.

Filwen_sl

shitlord
BBC news is still saying that one class is unaccounted for. Any info on this from american sources?
I'm following the details on the Washington Post and the article has changed about 15 times in the past 30 minutes. At one point they said there was a teacher who locked her classroom door and huddled her kids in the corner until the police arrived, so perhaps that was it? No idea.