Must Have Software

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I'd imagine it'd work the same for photos as it does data. Everything I hear Dropbox is very very good when it comes to mobile integration. It was one of the first, if not the first to auto-upload photos taken. But that's moot point for you.

Able to try it out first? Load up a game save, name it something different, if that's possible, then load it back on your phone and try and load it in the emulator?
Yeah thats a good idea. Was thinking of also trying to put it onto my brothers phone

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone recommend an android podcast app? I want something that will manage on the phone and dl the files so i don't habe to stream. Lots of the time, i don't have good internet when i want to actually listen

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Anyone recommend an android podcast app? I want something that will manage on the phone and dl the files so i don't habe to stream. Lots of the time, i don't have good internet when i want to actually listen
ppl have recommended podcatcher and whatnot, i use
BeyondPod Podcast Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

i have all my feeds scheduled to update at 6am, and if i know i'm going to go out (for a run/errands) i just quickly press the update all button and it'll quickly check to see if anything new is up.

you can also set how many downloaded files to keep (per feed) before it starts deleting the oldest files.

for new podcasts i listen to just once like a JRE, i keep it at the auto 5, for other podcasts i want to keep around and listen to more than once like trivia podcasts i keep the number at like 999.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I've been using Pocket Casts - Android Apps on Google Play for several years and it's well worth the price. Automatic downloads of everything you subscribe to and you can have it only update on wifi. For an extra $10 (I think) you can also get access to their web client and listen to podcasts in your browser and it will sync your progress with the app.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wanacrypt ransomware has been making the rounds, hit one of my servers, pretty debilitating, just re-imaged it instead, went to slap on Webroot since i remembered my main machine is actually a 3license code.

Detected and removed it right away when i started up the server again.

I think it's currently limited to mostly spain, the telecomms there are being hit hard.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
wanacrypt ransomware has been making the rounds, hit one of my servers, pretty debilitating, just re-imaged it instead, went to slap on Webroot since i remembered my main machine is actually a 3license code.

Detected and removed it right away when i started up the server again.

I think it's currently limited to mostly spain, the telecomms there are being hit hard.
Er is this the same strain that hit the NHS in the UK? They're closing down hospitals and rerouting ambulances.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Er is this the same strain that hit the NHS in the UK? They're closing down hospitals and rerouting ambulances.
yup, being reported it's even more widespread, once it latches on, it basically searches all you files and encrypts em, i was wondering why my server was hitting full mem usage after reboot.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This exploit affects Windows machines only, correct? What I am concerned about is my Synology NAS that has a lot of important documents. The NAS OS itself is based on a Linux build. Just not sure if this malware can get to those files if someone else on my home network is infected on their laptop / pc.

This is just a reminder that I am overdue to backup the NAS documents onto a removable HD.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This exploit affects Windows machines only, correct? What I am concerned about is my Synology NAS that has a lot of important documents. The NAS OS itself is based on a Linux build. Just not sure if this malware can get to those files if someone else on my home network is infected on their laptop / pc.

This is just a reminder that I am overdue to backup the NAS documents onto a removable HD.
Yea win only, seems the virus/worm just does a massive *.txt, *.doc, etc and renames, encrypts stuff.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Thanks.

Can anyone recommend some good computer maintenance software? Is CCleaner worth buying or is there any program out there worth buying to maintain your comp? By maintain I mean cleaning out useless files/registry values/anti virus?