Must Have Software

Argarth

On the verandah
Any recommendations on a media player? I used to use MPC-HC but looks like it's no longer being developed. Might as well update to something more recent. Also, I hate VLC Player. So not that.
Fortunately, MPC-HC is now being actively developed/updated on Github

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Any recommendations on a media player? I used to use MPC-HC but looks like it's no longer being developed. Might as well update to something more recent. Also, I hate VLC Player. So not that.
I installed MPC-BE after I found out the same thing you did. It appears to be a "spiritual successor" to HC. I wasn't aware that HC had been started up again, but I haven't had any real issues with BE either.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

mpc and madvr > vlc No reason to change

Kais

<Gold Donor>
So i've been promoted recently and now instead of seeing one thing from start to finish, i touch on one stage of a about 40 different projects, all different. Small company so no budget for software. What i need is to replace multiple spreadsheets with some kind of issue tracker software that that can track multiple tasks under each job and be able to create lists based on issue, vendor, component, job, report date, complete date, completion status, pending action, custom_field, etc. Able to append pdfs, xls, pics, and emails to any tier.

Thoughts?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
So i've been promoted recently and now instead of seeing one thing from start to finish, i touch on one stage of a about 40 different projects, all different. Small company so no budget for software. What i need is to replace multiple spreadsheets with some kind of issue tracker software that that can track multiple tasks under each job and be able to create lists based on issue, vendor, component, job, report date, complete date, completion status, pending action, custom_field, etc. Able to append pdfs, xls, pics, and emails to any tier.

Thoughts?

You can try this: OpenProject: The open source alternative to Jira

Otherwise just google open source JIRA alternatives.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinistkir13

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For Windows 10, I pretty much gave up on the standard file explorer if I actually need to organize things or work within a file structure, so for that I've had much better luck with Explorer++. I'm sure it has been mentioned as an alternative to Windows' default, but I'm much happier with it. As a side observation, it does not have the same Windows Explorer problem where it will potentially hog up resources or crash the entire Windows explorer process.

In a similar vein, ImageGlass is my new image viewer. It's customizable, there's a preview pane you can turn on that allows you to see images before and after the current one, and it's much faster than Windows Photo application. It's even faster than Windows trying to load up a large number of larger sized image icons if you're trying to preview that way. Just an all around much better alternative.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Thoughts?

Asana is king shit and has automation, my favorite.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone used an iPhone / iPad / Mac emulator? I searched around and there seems to be plenty, but just want some other info if possible. Looking for one which will allow me to download from the Apple Store.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i remember spacesniffer being recommended over windirstat and its true it's, better, but i found an even better windows directory storage viewer, wiztree

it's like almost instantaneous

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i remember spacesniffer being recommended over windirstat and its true it's, better, but i found an even better windows directory storage viewer, wiztree

it's like almost instantaneous
Wow, that is really fucking nice. Thanks!

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
YouTube Shorts are fucking cancer.
My PC YT subscription page has been getting increasingly clogged with this garbage of late, as more and more channels start spamming them for clicks/views.

Thank the Lord, there's an extension called "BlockTube" on the Chrome Web Store (edit) that completely blocks all shorts, including the YT Shorts page & menu, among other things.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Thirded. Not using VLC because you don't like the icon is truly baffling.
VLC... reminds me of VCL. Vixen controlled library. One of the older furry sites on the web, been defunct since 2006 or so. Furnation I think wins the prize as the oldest site, having little to no activity in this millenia. I'm triggered by those three letters, so wanted more people to share in the experience.

1664535618796.png

• 1WTF

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
VLC... reminds me of VCL. Vixen controlled library. One of the older furry sites on the web, been defunct since 2006 or so. Furnation I think wins the prize as the oldest site, having little to no activity in this millenia. I'm triggered by those three letters, so wanted more people to share in the experience.

View attachment 435620

I'd rather not possess this knowledge. Time to erase it.

Trailer Park Boys Drink GIF

• 3Worf