Mythbusters

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The show has always been on and off good, more the latter. But honestly I got fucking tired of those wild eyed kids on meth routine every week.

That sounds like it's more her speed, right up her alley.

rrr_img_113129.jpg
Eps was pretty boring, i don't think i even finished it, it was Kari and the white guy talking about one attraction, then they got a bunch of noobs to jump off some cliff and narrate over them.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
As much as I've enjoyed the show over the past decade and think the changes they made this season were a much-needed improvement, I'd also have a hard time arguing against this being a good time for the show to end. Over the past few seasons it's really felt like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and really reaching for things to test. The hands-free cell phone myth was impractically tested. The U2 episode this season seemed to be little more than an excuse to get Adam on one since they never actually tested anything. And the movie/television myths that used to be a special every once in a while have turned into something that happens multiple times a season. Nearly half the episodes this past season were movie/television themed (and that's not including episodes that weren't movie specials but still tested something movie related), which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't them also delving into testing things they have no basis in reality (the Homer wrecking ball, dodging Star Wars blasters, the zombie episode, etc.). Then there are the viral video episodes that have been really hit or miss.

Hopefully with this being their last season, they've saved some really big things to go out with a bang. I know Adam has mentioned several things he's always wanted to test in AMAs on Reddit. It'd be nice if Discovery gave them the budget for some of the larger, more elaborate myths that they either haven't had the money or time for in the past.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The viral videos are what made me stop watching this show. These were clearly CGI videos and they wasted the episode trying to debunk them.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
They've done some very cool stuff over the years, and I'm glad I followed the show. Adam made the comment that he had the best job in the world, and with everything they've shot, exploded, burned to a crisp, driven, and generally used stuff in ways it was never meant to, I'd have to agree.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They should have kept Kari, Grant, and Tori instead. Granted they didn't have the extensive background but they were the Scooby team that wanted to do the even crazier stuff.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since almost everyone seems to be under the same mistaken assumption I was, the show isn't over yet. Final season starts Saturday night at 8pm. They had a preview special this past week. Looks good, they're going big to finish up.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I always wanted them to do the thing about RFID and chip security.....too bad they didn't get too. I'm still hoping maybe they or someone else will do it if they don't do discovery on a web series or something.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
necro rez
i just started rewatching these episodes on Youtube, they are slowly adding more of them. this show is still awesome in the earlier seasons.
there was a new show a few years ago called "motor Mythbusters" with the lamest one out of the old MB crew. Tory. he has some new cringe helpers.

Last edited: