Mythbusters

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If these guys are under contract for several more years i assumey discovery told them to get their ass to mars, even if cut from the show discovery still owns their asses.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
XtWYAWI.gif

0zhnV4E.gif

Silence_sl

shitlord
I'm sure it came down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the end. I doubt the show will last more than a season or two more at this juncture.
Seems you are correct.

Starting off the mild revamp as a Simpsons thing though...god. Just horrible.

Next episodes are:

Indiana Jones, A-Team, Video games special, Transformers...and something else.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I enjoyed the show more when they were working as helpers as opposed to the later seasons where they were working as separate but equal teams. I enjoyed their personalities but the show took a hit when that format got changed IMO.

Since they are coming up on the end of their contract I assume this just trimmed some of the fat off the budget for the final 2 or 3 seasons. I imagine costs ballooned when they were given their own portion of the show.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That and it's not making as much anymore. Its been talked about but the myths they are busting are scraping the bottom of the barrel. I mean they don't even believe in the myths in the first place.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I liked the premise. I liked the show more when it approached near/quasi scientific methodology, such as near randomized trials if I remember correctly. It lost me when it began testing idioms; although, polishing a turd was somewhat amusing.

Image.aspx

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I sort of like the idioms actually. Definitely hate the stupid CGI viral ad shit though. The giant Newton's Cradle was especially retarded and obviously just an excuse to build the thing as the video was awful.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
C'mon.. why does anyone watch this? Because Mythbusters is the Michael Bay of television. Needs more explosions! Mythplosions?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Because it gets you thinking deeply about silly things which leads to interesting questions (or discoveries). Also, they do some impressive stuff with duct tape. My problem with them is after 2 or 3 episodes, I'll be yelling at the TV because they're morons who don't know how to put a myth to the test.

Goatface

not watched the new one yet, but been listening to adam's podcast and other things he does. really wish their was a bigger market for his build stuff.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems you are correct.

Starting off the mild revamp as a Simpsons thing though...god. Just horrible.

Next episodes are:

Indiana Jones, A-Team, Video games special, Transformers...and something else.
When they were just doing general "movie myths" and focusing on typical movie contrivances, I didn't mind it too much. Things like driving through fruit stands, bouncing off awnings, ejection seats, etc. were all sort of cool to see put in practice, and you see them done so often you start to wonder if they're actually true or not. When they started getting down to more specific movies, it just started getting a little ridiculous. I mean, who really thought you couldflip one car over another another to shoot through the skylight?

I didn't mind the cherry bomb part of the Simpsons one, but the wrecking ball one was really ridiculous. They didn't even test it with real world implications. They built the dummy to Homer Simpson's dimensions. I guess no one believes someone throwing themselves between a wrecking ball and a house would really save it, so they had to go that way, but testing cartoon physics? What are they going to test next? Whether Road Runner could really run through a painting in the wall? If the Flinstones could really get their cars moving that fast with just their feet? If Daffy Duck's bill would really blow off in an explosion?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What are they going to test next? Whether Road Runner could really run through a painting in the wall? If the Flinstones could really get their cars moving that fast with just their feet? If Daffy Duck's bill would really blow off in an explosion?
rofl

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I like the myth they are trying to bust this season: Can a show still be successful when you cut 2/3rds of the cast?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is like watching a mix of Transformers-level advertisements with any flimsy excuse to shoot nerf weapons and other random kid's stuff.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I've actually really enjoyed the last 2 episodes, much better than the first part of the season.