Mythbusters

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The only time I watch this show anymore is during their Punkin Chunkin special on Thanksgiving. And only to see if I'll be on TV.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hopefully all 3 finally said fuck you mythbusters and leave for better pastures.
rrr_img_74387.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I dunno. I always think of them as actors/talent, not actually involved in any part of the production, design, writing, direction, etc... itself.

They're definitely the most entertaining aspect of the show, but if all they do is show up and blow shit up and read their lines, do they really deserve more credit than their paychecks?

If they come up with any ideas at all, then yeah, that's pretty fucked they didn't just add an extra 3 names to that list.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Kari was probably the least "technical" of all of them, but she is a legit sculptor and such along with being serious eye candy.

Grant and Tory have both done a ton of work for ILM, etc.

I don't know anything about what they contributed to writing, planning, etc but this idea that Adam and Jamie are somehow leagues ahead of the other three doesn't make much sense.

I wonder if the real story will ever come out. That Emmy slide plus the crappy little sendoff at the end of the episode seems to indicate it wasn't an amicable split.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The crappy sendoff was because it was a 2 year old episode. They couldn't really organically fit it in so they just had to tack something on. Not that it was a good way to do it, but their weird fucked up schedule this season fed in to it I guess.

On twitter both Kari and Grant mentioned looking forward to their "next adventure", making people think there's something lined up already.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Maybe that was part of it, but it seems like it would've been possible to come up with a better sendoff if they really WANTED to.

In the context of everything else (cryptic statements on Twitter and Facebook, the Emmy credits snub), it just smells bad.

Oldbased

> Than U
Their tweets hint they are off to something. Be it by choice or fucked over though is the question. Discovery has a long history and past of pretty much fucking over every show and cast it has had. Time Bandit and others in Deadliest Catch, Dual Survival, some shows we never even got to see due to deaths in filming from unsafe activity being pushed by producers. Pretty much a dozen more such shows this way down the line. They go through great lengths to hide the lawsuits and bad publicity but in almost every case it is a producer or exec who does the fucking.

Cybsled

I'm sure it came down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in the end. I doubt the show will last more than a season or two more at this juncture.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, in 2010 they signed a deal for 7 more years. Which some speculate is a contributing factor to this. Apparently the brass at Discovery has changed since then. And Mythbusters ratings aren't what they once were so the new folks probably aren't in love with the long term deal they've been saddled with. So they might have deiced it was time to cut costs. And dropping half the show/crew is a good way to do that. The "Build Team" has been entirely separate from them for years. They're even in a different building (m7). People view this as those 3 getting canned, but it's really the entire 2nd production crew they've needed that's going to be gone I guess.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Last night's episode and the one with the roundabouts were both actually from 2012, they just never aired here in the US. There was apparently some legal issues with a guy that does a web series that they were based on/stolen from or some shit.
The crappy sendoff was because it was a 2 year old episode. They couldn't really organically fit it in so they just had to tack something on. Not that it was a good way to do it, but their weird fucked up schedule this season fed in to it I guess.
Yeah that Roundabouts episode was on here (Aus) a few years ago.

But to tack on a message just before the ending of an old show seems weird. Like they just took the minimum effort possible. I mean shit, the build team have been with the show for nearly 10 years.

I'd prefer it if they had just folded the show. Then have a new Adam and Jamie show where they're doing something new, using their established skills and knowledge etc.

I saw a show ( which I think was a one off ) with just the two of them. Adam built a fort/castle and Jamie tried to attack it using toy themed weapons. Was enjoyable but really just a time filler.

I'm off to find a GIF of Kari sucking the balloon.

Here:
iXGBgK9StSw1F.gif

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I kind of like the idea of someone giving me a blowjob while wearing safety glasses.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hadn't seen that before, that's a pretty giant fuck you.
It's actually not. The award was for Outstanding Reality Program which is given to the producers of the show. Kari, Tory, and Grant were never producers and therefore have never been listed in that award. Likewise, Jamie and Adam weren't included in that list until the 8th season when they became executive producers.

Silence_sl

shitlord
It's actually not. The award was for Outstanding Reality Program which is given to the producers of the show. Kari, Tory, and Grant were never producers and therefore have never been listed in that award. Likewise, Jamie and Adam weren't included in that list until the 8th season when they became executive producers.
+1

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Good to know, but I still think this whole thing stinks.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But to tack on a message just before the ending of an old show seems weird. Like they just took the minimum effort possible. I mean shit, the build team have been with the show for nearly 10 years.
Yeah, thinking more about it just the fact they didn't have them do their own goodbye to the audience says it wasn't a totally harmonious parting of ways. I'm sure the build team has known this was coming for a long time, considering they haven't filmed anything new in a long time since they split this season in half.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
"Always a bridesmaid. Maybe next year. "
is that pic with that quote from kari, there must be something more to it than, fuck you, you didn't produce shit.

so this eps was 2 years old or something? and they just all met up for the emmys a few days b4, then mythbusters says fuck off? not that i care really, i'm like the majority here, watched the first season, then when they couldn't find new material, explosions!

whats this myth about again? oh yea... explosions!