Narcos

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When the show gets real. Chances are they either knew who he was, or more likely, people heard about him asking questions on behalf of some LOS VIDEOTAPE RECORDERS and the cartel was tipped off.

They don't fuck with no gringo cameras mane. Like most slaughters in Mexico, it was likely very quick and very cheaply done without bothering to fully understand what Munoz was doing. 1 wrong whiff of something like that can get you killed by these cartels.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
https://decider.com/2017/09/20/who-is-navegante-narcos-netflix/

Not only does the real Salcedo maintain that he never killed the henchman, he says he wasn’t even by the Pallomari house that night. “In reality, I never killed him,” he said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly. “It was one of those things, I think the DEA guys did that.” Salcedo says he was with his family the night of the raid and that he never killed anyone.

However, others are less sure. Matias Varela, the actor who portrays Salcedo, believes his real-life counterpart committed the crime. “The real Salcedo was never convicted of killing anyone. He’s always said he was innocent of murdering anyone,” he said in an interview with Vulture. “Myself, I think he did it. The man did disappear. ”

Salcedo says he did it, the real Salcedo says it was a DEA hit.

Who do you believe?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's public knowledge DEA agents were once officially acting as "advisors" and weren't part of any legal arrest on colombia soil. It's also known despite US influence they were having a hard job dealing with local authorities because of corruption and nationalist "fuck US" dilemma. "Follow the drugs you get drug lords and drug dealers, follow the money and you get almost everyone else"'. Even twenty years later it's kind of hard talking about South America's US influence, especially when you're going all in about FARCs, anticommunist milices / deathsquads.

I'll never pretend Narcos TV show is textbook, I just like how they somewhat try to show what the giant clusterfuck was the War On Drugs back then, and how US at some point eluded cocaine "because heroin ruin lives first".

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, the war on drugs was only a giant clusterfuck "back then".

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think that article reveals two interesting things as well.

1. I assumed Jorge was a made up character entirely. Just seemed to perfect for a point of view character, who dun nothing wrong.
2. the show states he "disappeared into witness protection". Really making it sound like, the guy if he did exist, was never heard from again, and the show runners dont even know if hes alive, where he is, or what hes up to today. The article says the exact opposite. Nope, they were in outright contact with him.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just watched season 3, fucking loved it. Maybe the best Netflix show season yet. It's up there with Stranger things for me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
'Narcos' Enlists Michael Pena, Diego Luna as Season 4 Stars

On Tuesday, Newman confirmed that the fourth season would no longer be following Pena's story — though he wouldn't rule out an appearance from Pascal. "It was a part of the plan as early as season two," he told THRexclusively of phasing out the show's star. "The design was always to finish out the Colombian story and the players that we’ve come to know there, and then start anew in Mexico."

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
whelp, that will be the downfall of Narcos, when you run out of the available mexican talent and get Michael Pena, the dumb mexican bro.

would have rather have seen this guy
Hector_90f43f_5806997.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Diego Luna can play a pretty interesting "former nice guy who got serious about the thug life as a career choice" or just a straight up cutthroat type guy so I'm hoping to see some of that. He also is immersive to the setting-- dat accent is thicc.

Michael Pena is an underrated dramatic actor. This cast is not bad at all, and for me, it adds some name recognition to a great series. Just wondering which one of them is going to be casted as the nicer guy of the two.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pretty good. My only complaint was how they made a point of showing the far right paramilitaries as evil but FARC were “poor farmers.” Lol GTFO

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They weren't portrayed as "evil". They were portrayed as being as ruthless as the Narcos. They were badass "Don't get in our way, we're taking back our country and we'll do whatever it takes" types. Ya know... typical revolutionaries.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They weren't portrayed as "evil". They were portrayed as being as ruthless as the Narcos. They were badass "Don't get in our way, we're taking back our country and we'll do whatever it takes" types. Ya know... typical revolutionaries.

Yeah the sinister sounding music when the two brothers appeared was to convey their revolutionary status.

Anyways is this show happening after the location scout was killed?

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyways is this show happening after the location scout was killed?

Yes they just finished casting Mexican actors and the season is greenlit for Mexico. Principal photography begins early 2018. No set release date.

They are going to be focusing on the home of El Chapo in S4. Its going to be a badass season-- and yes, dangerous to produce. Especially given that things aren't "all good" in Guadalajara anymore. Since that Sean Penn bullshit, basically everyone working on any project like this is at risk in that region. That guy ruined it for everyone. Fuck that guy.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes they just finished casting Mexican actors and the season is greenlit for Mexico. Principal photography begins early 2018. No set release date.

They are going to be focusing on the home of El Chapo in S4. Its going to be a badass season-- and yes, dangerous to produce. Especially given that things aren't "all good" in Guadalajara anymore. Since that Sean Penn bullshit, basically everyone working on any project like this is at risk in that region. Fuck that guy. Seriously.

you got any good docus or books? I've read up on the gulf vs los zetas (leaders breaking from gulf) just due to the gruesome nature of their back n forth videos but I wanna know alliances of others.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider