NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So I mean it's fine to make statements like that but realize there are no stats to back them up. Durant shoots 42% on long 2s. LeBron shoots 43%. I don't care if your eyes tell you Durant has a sweeter jumper. The reality is they shoot the same percentages.
LeBron for his career is around 39% on long 2s (bumped up by one good year in 2011 shooting 45%), Durant is at around 42% for his career and has been trending up. The league average the last few years is around 40% for shots 10-23 feet from the basket.

Dirk blows everyone away, sitting at 50%.

That wasn't really my point though. KD has an unguardable shot because of his height and arm length, that puts him a level above LeBron offensively when it comes to the half-court game, which the playoffs always devolve into. LeBron is better at everything else, and is better playing as an all-around Magic-esque distributor than a full out scorer anyways.

lol. BEARD PACT UNTIL WE ARE AT LEAST .500 GUYS
Would be funny if Dirk couldn't shave until they are 0-0 in October.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Durant is having his best season in part because he has cut down on taking the long 2. He is focusing on taking a lot more of his shots around the basket

Also, when comparing the long 2, or any jumpshot, you have to look at volume as well, not just shooting %. That is what Dirk so ridiculous. His entire game is the long 2.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the long 2 is just not a good shot unless your Dirk.

Might as well step a few feet back and take a three, that's basically what Carlisle did to the Mav's offense in 2011, eliminate that shot. They had no scoring bigs so every shot was either Dirk or a 3-pointer from Kidd/Terry/Peja/Cardinal/Stevenson. Bumped their offensive efficiency into the top 5 that year and #1 in the playoffs.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I still hate the guy for how he left Toronto, but this is still one of the most exciting sports moments I can remember growing up.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like the Fang Island cut
I feel like this is the kind of show Lebron could give us, but isn't and he's probably only got a few more years of god like athleticism to give us a dunk contest like that

Djay

Trakanon Raider
You were the chosen one!
Now I'm depressed. Clippers/Knicks should be exciting tomorrow!

Qntario_sl

shitlord
I still hate the guy for how he left Toronto, but this is still one of the most exciting sports moments I can remember growing up.
Might get some new moments this year, as James White has finally made it into the NBA Dunk Contest. I think he's 30 years old now, but if he can still pull off a windmill or between the legs from the freethrow line, it's going to be crazy.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
TLDR; when it comes down to it, KD will always have the trump card that LeBron doesn't have.
Please. 30+ points and over 60% shooting for 5 straight games. Only the 3rd player to ever do it. LeBron is a beast on the offensive and defensive end and is the best player in the galaxy. That is why H2H last year Durant's team won just one game in the Finals.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking Knicks keep getting destroyed by guard play because Felton can't cover shit.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Please. 30+ points and over 60% shooting for 5 straight games. Only the 3rd player to ever do it. LeBron is a beast on the offensive and defensive end and is the best player in the galaxy. That is why H2H last year Durant's team won just one game in the Finals.
Regular season.

Won't see those easy breakaway dunks in the Finals if they are playing against a half-decent team.

Remember the 2011 Finals when LeBron sucked in the half court? The Heat still suck in the half court but it doesn't matter during the regular season.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Regular season.
Implying that his shooting % has been because of fast break dunks just means you haven't been watching the games.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...-last-65-shots

Besides LeBron was better in the playoffs last year than he was in the regular season.

Remember the 2012 Finals where he dominated KD on both ends and played almost exclusively in the post? Ya me too.

This isn't 2011. The Heat are defending champs and the Mavs aren't even going to make the playoffs. KD had his shot on the biggest stage to prove he is better than LBJ and they got ran off the court.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
LeBron has 115 playoff games where he has equaled his regular season production. As much as this thread wants to rally behind the idea that the regular season doesn't matter, statistically players play pretty equal regardless of what time of year it is.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
LeBron is far and away the best player in the NBA. I don't know why people even bother arguing against it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
LeBron has 115 playoff games where he has equaled his regular season production. As much as this thread wants to rally behind the idea that the regular season doesn't matter, statistically players play pretty equal regardless of what time of year it is.
Not Dirk, sir - from 23ppg/8reb in regular season to 26ppg/10reb in postseason.

LeBron's numbers go up slightly too.

LeBron is far and away the best player in the NBA. I don't know why people even bother arguing against it.
No one is arguing this.

Argument was is KD slightly above him offensively, but obviously inferior in every other aspect.