NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Because it's the first time he's played 6 teams in a row that are this bad? I really have no clue if that's true but way to stomp 4 lottery teams, an 8th seed and the Clippers. The last one is definitely a quality win, but combine that with a hot streak and this is what you get.

I really don't care to look at it any further. It's impressive but meaningless and will be forgotten in a week.
I think you're really dismissing the accomplishment. He is the only person to ever do it, and only two others have done it 5 games in a row. Jordan, Chamberlin, Russell - none of them ever did it, not even for five games in a row.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not comparing their playstyle. I'm saying LeBron is the best NBA player the league has seen since Jordan.

Personally, I think he's in a mold of his own somewhere in between the two players.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think you're really dismissing the accomplishment. He is the only person to ever do it, and only two others have done it 5 games in a row. Jordan, Chamberlin, Russell - none of them ever did it, not even for five games in a row.
It just tells me he's really good, but I already knew that. I don't really care about, nor do I think any stat based around a 6 game sample size has any meaning at all. It's the same reason I didn't care about the 7 finals games he was sub par in. Dude went on a tear for 6 games. He's still the exact same player he was 7 games ago.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I get all that. I'm just saying being able to score 30+ points on 60%+ from the floor for numerous games in a row is so fucking hard that no one has ever done it before.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I get all that. I'm just saying being able to score 30+ points on 60%+ from the floor for numerous games in a row is so fucking hard that no one has ever done it before.
Yeah, I mean I can't really disagree with anything you're saying. I'll just say stuff like this doesn't impress me nearly as much as say, his overall stats for the year do. It's cool though agree to disagree.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I agree with Slaythe. Yeah, it's impressive in the short term, but does anyone really give a shit about something that happened in a six-game streak? The only records people care, and should care, about are: single-game, single-season and career. You can probably find all sorts of "only player to ever do this" stats if you could pick and choose small sample sizes.

That said, LeBron is indeed a badass.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kinda hope he gets a few more rings so the GOAT discussion can be legit. The dude is playing at a level we haven't seen since Jordan

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Are all NBA teams adopting these new short sleeve uniforms? I honestly don't think they look too bad.

rrr_img_12953.jpg
I like the style, myself.

joz123

Potato del Grande
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...4783--nba.html

Turkoglu said in a statement released by the team that he took medication from a trainer in Turkey this past summer to help him recover from a shoulder injury. He said he ''didn't know that this was a banned substance and didn't check before taking it."
Haha that's such crap. Like he didn't know he was taking steroids. Dude hasn't been good at all lately anyway.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Turk gets a free pass for whatever for me just for how entertaining he was to watch in that Magic finals run a few years back. Before Love turned into a whiney bitch he almost had that step back 3 pointer down.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What a boring game - OKC will never win a title with a RW/KD tandem. Lebron is fucking ridiculous. Crowd was totally out of it 3/4 of the game - but was a fun way to spend V-day! Nacho's and beer and the 2 best players in the NBA.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Thunder aren't built to beat the Heat. KD was a no show until the 2nd half and almost half his points came from the FT line lol.

Pacers & Spurs scare me the most outside of those teams I think if the Heat stay healthy they coast to a repeat.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Thunder still don't play like a team.

Can't beat the Heat with lesser talent unless you play as a team on both sides.

Also Scott Brooks is bad.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
the Thunder have a better team, they just don't play together all the time, Durant included. The Heat just happen to have the best player on the planet and great defense