NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
What a game. Incredible last shot by Kidd. I didn't even realize how efficient Melo was until I saw the stats at the end.
Yeah Knicks look awesome thus far, I'm worried about what they'll look like after game 82. If the world somehow survives 12/21 I would prefer the Heat did not repeat.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
The basketball gods won't have the Lakers show such disrespect to the savior. There is only one true prophet and Phil Jackson is his name!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Man I really think Kevin Love is a unique talent and I love watching him play but dude needs to chill out. Comes across to the media as a know it all that was picked on too much before his growth spurt.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Holy shit the end to the Warriors-Heat game was fucking awesome. What an amazing last second play. Five straight 20+ point games for David Lee? That's pretty awesome.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoying the Sixers although they can be frustrating at times. I guess that's what you get with a young team. Be nice to see Bynum actually play.. Hopefully he'll bring a new attitude towards the game when he does..

Lakers should of hired Phil..

Jovec

?
This Lakers' season obviously isn't looking too promising, and the only person on the planet who thinks D'antoni was the right hire is Jim Buss, but the Lakers are down two starters and their reserve PG. I'm not saying Nash, Gasol, and Blake make the Lakers title contenders again, but I'd hope they could have beat Cleveland with them.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Guy who's offense revolved around guys who could run fast paced offense coaching a bunch of older vets?! NO PROBLEM!

I mean, he was the highest profile coach available, considering there's probably some bad blood between Buss and Jackson.. but not a good fit for what they built there.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
rubiopass.gif

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
This Lakers' season obviously isn't looking too promising, and the only person on the planet who thinks D'antoni was the right hire is Jim Buss, but the Lakers are down two starters and their reserve PG. I'm not saying Nash, Gasol, and Blake make the Lakers title contenders again, but I'd hope they could have beat Cleveland with them.
There was no right coach. Phil couldnt save this team. They just arent playing hard on defense and havent at all and to be honest havent in about a little over 2 years now, even when Phil was the coach and they got swept by Dallas in the play offs.

The only thing that could save this is less turn overs. Being more efficient on offense will make them have better defense by default. Duhon and MOrris at the point is a disaster, them dudes are terrrible.

Jovec

?
There was no right coach. Phil couldnt save this team. They just arent playing hard on defense and havent at all and to be honest havent in about a little over 2 years now, even when Phil was the coach and they got swept by Dallas in the play offs.

The only thing that could save this is less turn overs. Being more efficient on offense will make them have better defense by default. Duhon and MOrris at the point is a disaster, them dudes are terrrible.
You have an aloof center, a head-strong and aging SG, a moody PF, and an eccentric SF. That's why you hire Phil Jackson and his 11 rings. PJ doesn't mean a guaranteed title, but PJ keeps Kobe in-check (as much as anyone can), knows how to handle MWP, pushes Gasol's buttons, and is someone Howard would completely respect (if he has any desire for a ring). Do you think D'antoni (or Mike Brown) brings any of this? There is a difference if Jackson benches Howard late because of his poor free throw shooting versus D'antoni. There is a difference is Jackson checks Kobe's ego in the media versus D'antoni.

The playoff sweep by Dallas doesn't bother me. Dallas won the title that year. They were great that year at the right time. And it is likely to be the only title for Dallas for a long time. The same with Boston. The same with Detroit. And until LeBron, the same with Miami. Ask the Spurs how hard going back-to-back is. The Lakers were coming off back-to-back titles and three straight finals. Another three-peat would obviously be great, but there is no shame is not getting there.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rubio killed it.
It's amazing how much energy he brings to the team. It was like a totally different team with him on the court and the crowd was really into the game. Ricky had a nice behind the back pass to Williams but Williams missed the wide open three. ><

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why did Rubio have to come back against the Mavs. One more game damnit.

Not sure what to make of the West so far this season. OKC is the most talented, Memphis looks the hungriest, and SA looks good as well (though they're too old imo to win anything). Outside of those 3, I can't see anyone else seriously pushing for the Finals. Cilppers are "almost" there, but not quite. Mavs are done. LA is done. Minnesota could be good, but are further away than the Clippers. All this while the Knicks are playing great again, and Miami is just going through the motions.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm gonna wait until Dirk is back. They could turn into an offensive juggernaut/transition team with everyone focusing on Dirk and allowing Mayo to do work. They re already the #1 team in transition points and #2 in Pace. So basically you try to score in transition and if it fails you just let Dirk do work in the half-court.

Right now they need Mayo to score 24+ a night to win.

I don't think they will do anything in the playoffs but they should at least get there.