NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm more interested in seeing Mayo having to share the rock (re: defer) with someone else. He's shown flashes of excellence so far, but the dynamic will change significantly when Dirk gets back.... I'm not sold that it will be for the better. I will say that Kaman is the best scoring big man we've had in forever (maybe ever?!), and we have more role players than we did last season. Wish we didn't get rid of Delonte, but I guess he had to go. With nothing invested/expected - it makes things easier to watch even when they do play like shit. Being the defending champs was definitely an albatross around their necks last year.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's amazing how much energy he brings to the team. It was like a totally different team with him on the court and the crowd was really into the game. Ricky had a nice behind the back pass to Williams but Williams missed the wide open three. ><
Yeah dude. His ceiling from the get go has been a Jason Kidd level player. Prior to hitting the NBA I thought that was a pretty lofty expectation but I don't feel that way anymore. And for everything he does for the flow of the game offensively, he's an even better defender.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
David Lee is on fire. Nine straight games with 20+ points. White boy can play some ball.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I like how I'm bummed out in a game where Kevin Love scores 15 and grabs like 47 rebounds but dude needs to get his shit together asap.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
should be honorary mippo poster or something, this thread lacks the action without the hate fueled rapid posting following a visit from mippo.

also go ny go ny go

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
We're all just biding time until playoffs when games are on that people actually watch.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are playing pretty shitty overall this game but it is fun watching the Thunder close a lead. Down 13, three possessions later, down 5.

Minny needs to get heathy. A good little team despite their two best players nursing injuries.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First Mavs game I have turned on this year. Who the hell are all these people?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
A .500 team without Dirk, getting blown out by the Heat.

Although last night they were missing 3 players, not including Dirk.

They been playing pretty well, all things considered.

Hippos

Silver Knight of the Realm
KobeBryantFallsDown.gif

Was watching the game and I knew as soon as he fell over that he was going to get up and take a shot.

Titan_sl

shitlord
On a side LeBron rant, I fucking hate the NBA media sometimes. The media is blowing Melo so hard this season, saying he should be MVP, when he isn't as efficient as James, has nowhere near the #s James puts up(aside from ppg, while taking 2-3 extra shots per game), and while he defense has been good, James will rightfully be in the DPoTY talks.. This is the same Bullshit that had Rose win his MVP... Was Rose good? He'll yeah, but he was nowhere near James that year.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The NBA is a corrupt league so the person who is actually the best doesn't always get it. The MVP award is used to promote players in the league and right now NYC is what the NBA wants to promote this year. Melo is reaping the reward of being on the Knicks. Last year it was Chicago so Rose got his knob polished.

Ok, I made everything past "The NBA is a corrupt league so the person who is actually the best doesn't always get it." up. The NBA is just corrupt is all it boils down to.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If the MVP award really went to the best player in the league for that season, LeBron would have won it the past 6 straight. That said, I don't really mind it going to whatever the feel good superstar story of the year is (like Rose winning it when his stats weren't anywhere close to deserving) because otherwise we'd have stretches where one guy would win it 7 or 8 years in a row. It's a hollow award and has been forever. Who gives a fuck what sports writers think.