NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Musab

Molten Core Raider
They wont go on crazy streaks like last night, but their 3p% was something like 36% during the regular season and 35-36% post. I'm sure they will still be knocking those threes down.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Yeah but the Spurs still would have won even if they only went 6/32 on 3s.
They won by 36 and Neal/Green scored 39 on just 3s.

They had a lot of trouble with the Bills who were missing 3 of their best players
It's all the pads they wear... not to mention the helmets. They beat theBullsin 5 games, four in a row, hardly "a lot of trouble". Pacers are built to exploit their weaknesses. Saying that they are overrated against the Spurs is retarded. They beat them by 19 two days before after being up 26 or something. The Spurs simply got ridiculously unconscious from outside in the second half. In fact it was a lucky Parker 3 and part of Neal's onslaught that even gave them a lead at halftime, otherwise it would've been tied.

No way the Spurs to continue to launch 30+ 3s and hit over 50% of them. Especially not Neal, he got hot from outside and had a good game. Good for him, blah blah. No way he can do that for an entire series.

If the Heat don't play with desperation from here on out they deserve to lose anyway.

They wont go on crazy streaks like last night, but their 3p% was something like 36% during the regular season and 35-36% post. I'm sure they will still be knocking those threes down.
Miami shot 39% from 3 during the regular season vs 37% for the Spurs. Miami is at 36% in postseason vs 37% for the Spurs. The series will even out, that his how the 3 point shot goes and it's why it's hard to build your team around it. Miami (outside Miller) has been so so from 3 this series and the Spurs have been unconscious, even for their scrub bench players. Those things tend to even out over a series.

LeBron has played like garbage for 3 games especially offensively. If he plays with aggression and gets to the line and the 3p % evens out like it should Miami is still fine. If they lose tomorrow they're toast though~

Szlia

The Spurs simply got ridiculouslyunconsciousfrom outside in the second half.[...] Miami (outside Miller) has been so so from 3 this series and the Spurs have beenunconscious, even for their scrub bench players.
What do you mean by "being unconscious" in this context?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
In basketball parlance, unconscious is the term used most often to describe a shooter who cannot seem to miss.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Damn Gaige you're fucking retarded. You're saying if the Spurs went 0 for 32 on three pointers the Heat would have won so this game was a fluke? Not going to waste my time with the amount of stupid in that statement.

The Bulls minus their 3 best players beat the Heat and went down to the the wire in 2 other games. The Bulls didnt almost win the series of course, but for a team who thinks it's the greatest of all time, it really was ugly.

Thinking the Pacers are completely built around beating the Heat is ridiculous too. The Heat only won the title last year, hardly enough time for a team to be built completely for the purpose of beating them. But, hey, if you want to live in denial and have excuses then don't let reality get in the way.

It's kind of crazy how the Heat's championship window is already over.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
No. Missing them all is as unlikely as shooting 50%+. I'm saying when guys are that hot 6/9 & 7/10 or whatever that it changes the offense. Also some of those 3s were bailout 3s or off the dribble leaners also low in the shot clock. Being that hot just changes shit. Hence the first half was so close and the second half wasn't. You can deal with them hitting 37% or so because they usually do. You can't deal with them hitting 50%+ and changing the offense just to launch 3s because everything is going in.

The Bulls minus their 3 best players beat the Heat and went down to the the wire in 2 other games. The Bulls didnt almost win the series of course, but for a team who thinks it's the greatest of all time, it really was ugly.
The Bulls won game 1 and then lost 4 straight. How is that "ugly" in a 7 game series. Because it wasn't a sweep?

Thinking the Pacers are completely built around beating the Heat is ridiculous too.
I said they're built to beat the Heat, not that were specifically built in order to beat the Heat. They have Hibbert, they clog the paint, they dominate inside and they have long/athletic wings that can guard LeBron. They limit the Heat's small ball because of their size.

It's kind of crazy how the Heat's championship window is already over.
They were built in 2010 and they signed 4 year deals. So far they've made 3 straight Finals and they're one win away from making this current one a 3 game series with the last 2 games at home. I think everyone is overreacting to yesterday's hot shooting blowout. The Spurs just got blown out in a similar fashion two days prior. LeBron has played one good half this series so far and the results have been a 4 point win off a huge shot by Parker, a Heat blowout and a Spurs blowout.

/shrug

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Missing them all is far more unlikely than shooting 50%. I'd do the math but fuck you.
lol.

I love when people discount 3's. Its like, if you cant defend a 3pt shot, then you deserve to die by them.

The farther away you go from the basket the easier it is to defend that shot given the decrease in FG % the farther out a player shoots. The Grizzlies were very good at running out at shooters as were the Bulls when healthy. The Celtics were good once upon a time doing that as well.

And whats worse, the Heat are a perimeter oriented team with talented, explosive guards like Wade, LeBron, Cole, Battier etc. (Battier to a lesser extent but he can still defend) and should be able to stop a 3pt barrage. If they can get Duncan going on the post along w Leonard cutting and creating easy buckets, the Heat are going to lose this series in ugly fashion. Gary Neal is pretty damn good at times and so is Danny Green. Add it all up and the Heat are looking like they need a 35pt game out of LeBron every game here on out.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
JKidd head coach in BKLN now, in the "what the fuck are you thinking" news of the day.
I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea, but it should be interesting to watch. Nobody personified a "coach on the floor" more than him. I kinda wish he had been able to do the player-coach thing, though. Maybe he still will. I've never been a huge Kidd fan, but I'm intrigued to see how this all plays out.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Heat have always been bad at defending the 3 since the big three came together. That's how they lost the 2011 Finals, too. Smart teams who over-pass, don't commit dumb turn overs, and shoot the 3 well have been the Heat's bane - that and a legit scoring center but those never seem to be on the same team.

The Mavs always took a 3 pt shot over long 2s, and Dirk/Kidd/Terry 3s kept them in the game vs a faster, younger opponent - then Dirk iso fadeaway jumpers in crunch time.

Pretty sure they were one of the worst teams vs the 3 in the regular season, too. Probably the only defensive statistic they weren't in the top 10 of.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man0warr, I challange you to make an NBA releated post that doesn't somehow work the Mavs into it. I'm not sure you're capable of it personally.