NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Been saying the Lakers should trade Gasol for nearly a couple years now. They could have gotten younger by dealing him a while back, but good luck getting quality youth back for him now.

Warriors take down those flopping bitches from LA for the 3rd time this season. No, not the Lakers.

Curry and Lee should both be all-stars.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Have a hard time convincing me Curry is more deserving than CP3, Parker, Westbrook or even Conley who has been killing it in Memphis. Lee maybe due to a lack of competition above him.

They're both playing really well though.

I'm not a Clippers fan by any means but I hope everyone here is taking time to appreciate the season Chis Paul is giving us. I really hope the dude can win a ring before all is said and done because I don't think a lot of people know just as historically good his stats are. 5 of his past 6 years he's put up beyond elite numbers and the 1 off was due to injury (yet still really really good). He's also playing the best he ever has right now.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I've been to more Clippers games in my life than Lakers games. (they're far cheaper :p)

Anyways, Dwight Howard has been a huge disappointment. His post game sucks, he gets stripped all the time, can't hit free throws. He pouts, gets dumb T's, then stops playing defense. I'm not sure I WANT this guy. Hiring D'Antoni was just a huge fucking mistake, but that's a given.

Team would have been far far better if Stern hadn't stepped in and given Chris Paul to the Clippers.

Even when the Lakers have been "bad" in the past you never went into every game expecting them to lose, how much longer can they keep this joke of a coach?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Russell Westbrook ?blocks? SuperMascot Rocky?s shot at Nuggets game

?Fans now have a villain,? Ty Lawson said.

So it seems, following the bizarre events on Sunday night.

See, SuperMascot Rocky shoots backwards halfcourt shots during a fourth-quarter timeout of every game. If he makes one, fans get free Qdoba queso. It?s perhaps the most-popular during-timeout thing they do at Nugget games.

Well, Rocky?s final attempt appeared to be going in, but the Thunder?s Russell Westbrook, walking onto the court, jumped up and blocked/goaltended the shot. The arena erupted in boos and fans continued to boo so every time Westbrook touched the basketball.

So that was bad enough, right?

Rocky returned to midcourt again during the next timeout. And Westbrook, again, caught the shot, this time throwing the ball into the stands (as seen in the video below). The boos became deafening.
fuckin lol

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ets-game/8027/

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I actually agree with Gaige - I think last years Thunder team was better than this years, and the Heat are sleepwalking their way to the playoffs. KD is the best pure scorer I've ever seen, but he isn't close to Lebron as a complete basketball player and never will be (or Kobe, or Mj, or Magic or... you get my point). Simply doesn't have the tools, but the kid is fucking fun to watch. If RW finally grows a brain and starts deferring to KD at the end of close games like he did last night, they will be a different animal altogether moving forward (and could legitimately challenge the Heat).
It's too small of a sample to say which way he's going to lean long term, but KD has made a pretty astronomical jump in play this season. He's in the 50/40/90 club for the first time in his career and his stats across the board are improved otherwise. I'd say he's moved pretty far beyond the "just a scorer" label and he's already better than Kobe ever was.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Have a hard time convincing me Curry is more deserving than CP3, Parker, Westbrook or even Conley who has been killing it in Memphis. Lee maybe due to a lack of competition above him.

They're both playing really well though.

I'm not a Clippers fan by any means but I hope everyone here is taking time to appreciate the season Chis Paul is giving us. I really hope the dude can win a ring before all is said and done because I don't think a lot of people know just as historically good his stats are. 5 of his past 6 years he's put up beyond elite numbers and the 1 off was due to injury (yet still really really good). He's also playing the best he ever has right now.
Of course CP3 Parker and Westbrook will make it, but no way Conley should make the ASG over Curry. The Warriors and Grizz have similar records and Curry's numbers are better across the board. Conley averaging 13 / 6? Not sure how that's "killing it."

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm fine with that if it means we get the Charlotte Hornets back.
Should be able to get both the name and colors back. Jordan said he'd be interested in doing that back when the rumor of New Orleans wanting to change it's name surfaced last month.

I hope they do. It won't make them any better of a team but at least it will remind me of the time when they were .... well, better than they have been at any time as the Bobcats anyway.

Mountain Man_sl

shitlord
I kind of like the Clippers' team this year, but I still think Griffin and Jordan's horrible free throw shooting are going to come back and bite them at some point. They are definitely an exciting team to watch though. I also hope Chris Paul can get a ring at some point. He plays so hard and just wants to win more than most.

I don't even know what else to say about the Lakers other than LOL.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
What a game between the Warriors and Thunder tonight. Westbrook had a horrible night. Warriors are the only team to have beaten Clippers, Thunder and Heat this year.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Been saying the Lakers should trade Gasol for nearly a couple years now. They could have gotten younger by dealing him a while back, but good luck getting quality youth back for him
The thing is, Dantonj is an idiot. Pau is still a dominant big man if he is primarily used in the post. Watch the Olympics, he did whatever he wanted, even against U.S.A.

Now that his trade value has been wrecked, the only clear choice is to trade Howard. He may, or may not(at this juncture I would say not) even resign with the Lakers. Get maximum value for trading him now(he is still eatting rebounds, and when he gets the ball doing good things), which would be good for them. Simmons threw out some interesting trade ideas to get quickness and youth for the lakers).

At this point l, it seems that the Kobe/Howard isn't going to work. Kobe takes so many damn shots it's incredible. Howard really seems to feed off being the focus on offense, so it's looking ugly. The pick&roll with Nash/Howard that everyone imagined being unstoppable just can't happen on this team. Bryant is so damn good that Nash looks to him as the first outlet, and not Howard which is hurting the Lakers

TL;DR - trade Howard, keep Pau is the best idea

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I find it amazing with how bad the Pistons are doing we're still only 4 games out of the playoff race. Holy shit the East is terrible.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I think the Lakers are just screwed until Kobe retires. If they resign Howard they will be ~$30 mil over the cap next year - the new CBA tax penalties that Cuban feared go into affect, and that $30mil over the cap will actually cost the Lakers $85 million extra.

Don't blame D'antoni - he's a system coach, and everyone knew that going in. Jimmy Buss is just an idiot and didn't want to re-hire Phil because he hates him.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I blame coaching for their difficulties more than anything. Statistically a lot of their players aren't actually playing that bad. Is Dwight the type of guy that gets grumpy if he isn't getting touches (I don't know why I'm even asking that)? Pau needs to not have 70% of his offense based on top of the key 18 footers. Let D12 set screens up there and put Pau down low.

Kobe rewatched his 81 point game and live tweeted while doing so a few days back. I hate the idea of that in general but he had one tweet that cracked me up pretty good. It was something along the lines of "I'm heating up right now. I wouldn't even pass a kidney stone." Didn't think the dude was even capable of poking fun at himself.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pau is much better playing the 5 close to the basket, like he did in 2007-2009 and in the Olympics. The Lakers best lineups were Pau at 5 and Odom at 4 - Bynum was either injured or played sparingly in those years.

He's not Dirk, he isn't comfortable (or maybe he is and he just sucks at it) so far away from the basket where D'antoni is using him.

Dwight and Pau together will never work.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Dantoni needs to figure out how to adjust though, he has 4 future Hall of Famers on his team, and and a guy in Metta that probably could have went if he wasn't a backseat player. To be a good coach, you have to be able to adjust your system to your best players, which he can't do. He had the same issues with the Knicks, he can't adjust.

Which makes Buss an even bigger idiot for passing up Phil. How the hell do you pick a guy like Dantoni over the Zen Master bros?!