NBA 2012-13 Season Thread - Crown The Heat!

Titan_sl

shitlord
I dunno if Wade has accepted it, he was lamenting the fact that he no longer gets 20-25 shots a night because of LeBron and Bosh.

No way Miami can keep all 3 when the new tax luxury kicks in full force.
Well, Wade did say that after he sat like the entire 4th quarter of a game they lost. I meant more to the fact he knows LeBron is better in basically every facet of the game, so he is gonna play second and enjoy it.

Bosh just seems to be too emotionally unstable to handle being third. He always plays his best ba when Wade is injured. Heat are being out rebounded by 15+ every game, and small Bosh can offer is that "if they have someone better, have them do it" response.

Send his ass to Seattle for Cousins and call it a day

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I'm not sure I ever thought of Bosh as an amazing rebounder, he's sort of like Dirk in that regard. They both shoot from a bit farther away and doesn't put them in a good position most the time, Dirk gets hardly any OREBs. I suppose Bosh plays a lot more 5 than Dirk in the Heat's system though.

Dirk has always pushed his rebounding up in the playoffs though so it may just be a regular season effort type of thing.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
The Hornets are competitive with Gordon back and have returned to watchable status.

Davis is solid

Rivers is as bad as a player I've seen in a while, really not good at anything

Gordon is an absolute scoring machine, great body control and strength when his knee works.

I got lucky and got courtside seats against the Spurs and couldn't believe how quick the game is on ground level. Guys make up ground so fast
redface.png

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure I ever thought of Bosh as an amazing rebounder, he's sort of like Dirk in that regard. They both shoot from a bit farther away and doesn't put them in a good position most the time, Dirk gets hardly any OREBs. I suppose Bosh plays a lot more 5 than Dirk in the Heat's system though.

Dirk has always pushed his rebounding up in the playoffs though so it may just be a regular season effort type of thing.
Meh. Bosh hasn't ever been an all world rebounder but his percentages were above average in Toronto. They've dropped pretty significantly in Miami but I think that mostly can be explained by the fact that he plays next to LeBron and Wade, who both board at a percentage well above average for their respective positions.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I've never see a professional sports team have so many injuries in a season than the Twolves this year. It's so bad that a guy we were going to sign blew out his knee before he signed the contract. lol
Love isn't helping either. I'm pretty amazed by how talented the kid is, but I'll be the first to admit he'd be one of my least favorite players in the league if he wasn't on the team I root for. I'm not sure there's a more entitled player in the league. And he whines as much as Duncan without half the effort or success. Guy sure throws around a ton of negativity for someone shooting 35% from the floor before going down again with injury. I know it was pretty obvious that his hand wasn't ever fully healed, but dude wasn't helping us win games.

I keep sticking to this mindset that winning cures all but I seriously doubt that 5 years from now Wolves fans look back on the Love era of the team with all that much positivity. He'll of course be successful wherever his next stop is. It won't be a KG situation where he's loved even after the fact though.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The Hornets are competitive with Gordon back and have returned to watchable status.

Davis is solid

Rivers is as bad as a player I've seen in a while, really not good at anything

Gordon is an absolute scoring machine, great body control and strength when his knee works.

I got lucky and got courtside seats against the Spurs and couldn't believe how quick the game is on ground level. Guys make up ground so fast
redface.png
Yeah Rivers is really bad, helps to have Doc Rivers as your dad I guess.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah he's really puzzling. It just goes to show how backwards some teams still are with their scouting. 10th overall man. To a team that thought he could play PG at the NBA level when all he was in college was an inefficient, turnover prone chucker. Mind boggling.

I'm not saying advanced stats are the end all be all of player evaluation, but in Rivers case, the stats dudes HATED him. He really did nothing in college to justify his draft position. Or even to justify leaving after just one year.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Yeah he played his best pro game tonight against the celts and that ended up being like 6 points 4 turnovers and flashes of ability to not completely suck balls

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Sick OT game in Dallas.

Mavs lose 117-114 on back of new career high from Durant w/ 52.

Both Mavs/OKC games have been OT thrillers. Good to know this Mavs team is turning it around and can hang with the best team in the league now that Dirk is getting re-integrated into the lineup.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Dirk, even tonight, is still a shell of his former self. I hope he turns it around.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
If the Thunder can win some titles, KD will go down as the greatest player ever. He is impossible to guard and gets better every year.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I actually agree with Gaige - I think last years Thunder team was better than this years, and the Heat are sleepwalking their way to the playoffs. KD is the best pure scorer I've ever seen, but he isn't close to Lebron as a complete basketball player and never will be (or Kobe, or Mj, or Magic or... you get my point). Simply doesn't have the tools, but the kid is fucking fun to watch. If RW finally grows a brain and starts deferring to KD at the end of close games like he did last night, they will be a different animal altogether moving forward (and could legitimately challenge the Heat).

That game last night WAS fucking great though - if the Mavs want any shot at making the playoffs they need Dirk to take control of late game situations. Too many times last night Jones, Mayo, etc were doing whatever the fuck they wanted and taking bad shots. Really like what I see from VC and Brand though. Strange team this year for the Mavs, but they've been entertaining (most of the time). Dirk isn't back yet though, so it leaves it a bit weird. Hope he can find his "form" again soon.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Dirk is still missing some shots that almost always go in for him - he's still slightly off. Looks like he's been able to make it through games fine without getting tired now though.

I don't mind letting Carter or Mayo have shots in crunch time instead of Dirk but definitely not Mike fucking James, who took the last shot in OT last night.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
NBA just ridiculous. Refs just ejected Dwight for what should have been at most a double foul. Fucking retarded way to control the outcome of a game.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Like the Lakers were gonna win anyway. They are horrible now even with Dwight, dude is shooting less then 50% from free throw line. Pretty sure they won't even make the playoffs this year if they can't even beat the raptors, they only got close cause of Kobe and some makes from Earl Clark.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Not sure what people expected.

"Hey let's throw a bunch of veterans together, all from different offensive systems, with Coach Brown who doesn't use the Triangle or the system Nash is used to. This will work out great!"

Plus Dwight coming off surgery, and a conference where both the Clippers and Thunder improved.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And rumors are swirling that Gasol isn't happy with being benched, and may want to get traded.