NBA 2013?14 Season

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Not only did Plumlee foul him but Johnson fouled him as well. Two non-calls on one play. Sucks to be LeBron.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Not only did Plumlee foul him but Johnson fouled him as well. Two non-calls on one play. Sucks to be LeBron.
If you count being within a 2ft radius of LeBron as a foul then there were 3 no calls (travelling being the 3rd).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Isn't it a foul to grab the ring when the ball is still in play?
Technical foul.

It's pretty clear Plums only came in contact with ball and hand. There was even a cute moment where they held hands

AH6QK3U.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Durant, he was sick of the streak so he sat the entire fourth in a close game on 23 points.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The hand is considered part of the ball when the hand is touching the ball. It is astounding that your knowledge of basketball has not increased one iota in all your time in these threads.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Just shut up you fucking haters. Johnson slaps him across the fucking forearm which wasn't called and then the Plumlee bullshit. LeBron should've been shooting free throws.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Incidental contact that does not hinder the player from shooting or reaching the basket is not a foul and it is unfortunate that the league has gotten progressively worse at calling a ton of fouls against defenders on popular players where there was only incidental contact. As someone who exclusively watches a star player that benefits from this trend it is no wonder that you see fouls where true basketball fans see incidental contact and great defense. If the Johnson contact had stopeed any of his momentum or Plumlee had jumped forward and made bodily contact with Lebron then I would be on your side of the call; however, in this instance neither of those things happened and you are wrong.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Just as long as the shitty NBA gets these shitty calls out of the waybeforethe playoffs start. Shit like this happening in the playoffs would be inexcusable.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just as long as the shitty NBA gets these shitty calls out of the waybeforethe playoffs start. Shit like this happening in the playoffs would be inexcusable.
It is astounding that your knowledge of basketball has not increased one iota in all your time in these threads.
I guess it isn't surprising since you don't even read other posts even when they shed light on rules in the NBA you obviously don't know or understand.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just shut up you fucking haters. Johnson slaps him across the fucking forearm which wasn't called and then the Plumlee bullshit. LeBron should've been shooting free throws.
rrr_img_64411.jpg

This is how I picture you every time you post. You have such a biased view of every game that Lebron plays in, I honestly don't understand how you can enjoy watching it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This bro is rustled

Beef

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hand is part of the ball. Gaige knows nothing about basketball and makes it hard to be a LeBron fan

MAXPOWERS_sl

shitlord
Marginal/Incidental Contact:
While some contact may occur during a game, it does not mean a foul has been committed. Contact which is incidental to an effort by a player to play an opponent or to perform normal defensive or offensive movements should not be considered illegal. Players are allowed normal body contact with opponents when reaching for a loose ball if they both have the same opportunity to get the ball. This type of play shall be ruled incidental if neither illegally gains an advantage. The hand is considered "Part of the ball" when it is in contact with the ball. It is not a foul if a defensive player makes normal contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm surprised nobody is talking about Lebron choosing to throw a temper tantrum instead of foul. There were still 4 seconds left and worst case scenario is they get a final shot down by 3.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Good news NBA fans. ESPN has invented another stat to shove down our throats! RPM is a +/- stat that's supposed to take your teammates into account. It has confirmed what we all believed already: Iguodala is the third best player in the NBA and twice as valuable as Blake Griffin. Tony Parker and Mike Dunleavy are also identically valuable to their teams. I look forward to their analysts being forced to being this up constantly the way their NFL guys have to mention QBR whenever talking about QBs

Neki

Molten Core Raider
You know, reading Gaige posts and his frothing-in-the-mouth fanboyism of LeBron has turned me from a neutral basketball fan to actively wanting the Heat to lose every time they play

Bravo Gaige

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
What bugs me about ESPN is their refusal to just accept already well established and thought out metrics over their own. Win Shares and Wins Produced are more well respected box score metrics than PER and Adjusted +/- already exists, ESPN just made a worse version of it and will now claim it to be supreme.