NBA 2013?14 Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Who the fuck is Armstrong? Mark Jackson already white flagging it?

This is just a sad showing.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The NBA is just too frustrating to watch and take seriously. The refs have so much influence on the outcome of the game, and the fouls are soooo inconsistently called, that it just makes it too frustrating to watch. I know every sport has bad calls, but the inconsistency of calls from top to bottom in the NBA is head and shoulders worse than any other sport.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Pop wins Coach of the Year. Really happy when they give it to a top coach and don't just use it as a "Most Improved/Surprising Team" award like they have a lot in the past.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pop wins Coach of the Year. Really happy when they give it to a top coach and don't just use it as a "Most Improved/Surprising Team" award like they have a lot in the past.
I always enjoyed the "Coach who will be out of a job within 2 years" award

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Whilst we are on about coaches out of the job...

Mike Woodson fired as New York Knicks coach - ESPN

Mike Woodson was fired as coach of the New York Knicks on Monday and Steve Kerr, a leading candidate to replace him, said later in the day that he expects to hear from new team president Phil Jackson soon.

"I do anticipate talking with Phil Jackson at some point. When that time comes, it will come," Kerr said on his weekly SiriusXM NBA Radio show, his first on-the-record comments about being the potential successor to Woodson. "For now, there's really not a whole lot to talk about."

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They just need a new coach so badly. They don't have a way to generate points other than KD and Westbrook, go be amazing.
I hear you Foggy, but how much of it is Brooks' fault for not putting them in the right sets and how much of it is Presti's fault for not finding the right pieces to put around KD and Westbrook? It amazes me that we have not scooped up a pure shooter or two just to put another option out on the floor when Durant and Westbrook are both cold on the same night. If those two guys are Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones then it is absolutely Brooks' fault for not playing either one of them last night. If they are not even in the discussion of pure shooters then it is on Presti for picking up a Caron Butler and expecting him to give you 8-10 points a night. Even after all that it took a horrendous night for KD, Westbrook, and the Thunder bench for the Grizzlies to beat them in OT (or by 4 in regulation if Durant doesn't hit the prayer). I'm not going off the rails on this team just yet.

Pre-post Edit: The one place that I REALLY need Brooks to shore up is his atrocious playcalling down the stretch. I understand that Durant is the go-to guy; but thier inbound play consists of trying to get it to Durant for him to hold it until the end of the shot clock and create on his own shot OR getting it to another player who tries to get it to Durant for him to hold in until the end of the shot clock to create his own shot. That is not a play, that is a strategy for a middle school team.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We don't know if Lamb and PJ3 are those options because Brooks stopped trying to develop them after the allstar game. Brooks preferred to give huge minutes to Fisher and Butler in regular season games. And yea, they don't have an end of the game play other than, KD go be the best player in the league while you are held, triple teamed, and your teammates stand around.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
We don't know if Lamb and PJ3 are those options because Brooks stopped trying to develop them after the allstar game. Brooks preferred to give huge minutes to Fisher and Butler in regular season games. And yea, they don't have an end of the game play other than, KD go be the best player in the league while you are held, triple teamed, and your teammates stand around.
My question about development is that I cannot believe that it happens in a vacuum. Presti must have some sort of input into what players aren't seeing the floor and why. It is too important for a team that builds through young players via the draft and early year contracts. The end game playcalling is totally on Brooks. It is fucking ridiculous.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Anyone with an mma-tv subscription able to tell me what channel the Raptors game is on? I can't see the schedule for some reason and clicking through trying to find it is driving me nuts.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hey look at that. The Pacers remembered they were playing a sub .500, 8 seed.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Just change the name of this team back to the Bullets so I can say I am proud to watch them for the first time since who knows when.

Still some turrible calls in this game, like when they called the jump ball when Nene just put his arms around Gibson's arms.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
Ugh, cannot express how badly I want their name changed back to the bullets. It's still the worst name in the league. I'd rather be a Pelican.