NBA 2013?14 Season

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The NBA needs some shaking up, and the Spurs winning is the only way to do it. Pacers winning would have been a travesty for the league, as their team was not nearly as good as everyone gave them credit for. And I hope this is a wakeup call for OKC one way or another. Whether it's firing Brooks. Trading Westbrook. Or Durant deciding he should bail. Also want Spurs to win so the Big Three retire after winning one last championship. And hopefully that will push Lebron to leave Miami if they loose, since Wade is about done and Bosh has always sucked. Going into this post season the Spurs winning it all was really the only way for the league to move on from some entertaining, but stagnant teams.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I doubt Parker would retire, unless you're including Pop in the 3. Duncan, Ginobili, and Pop could very well all be gone after this series, win or lose.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The NBA needs some shaking up, and the Spurs winning is the only way to do it. Pacers winning would have been a travesty for the league, as their team was not nearly as good as everyone gave them credit for. And I hope this is a wakeup call for OKC one way or another. Whether it's firing Brooks. Trading Westbrook. Or Durant deciding he should bail. Also want Spurs to win so the Big Three retire after winning one last championship. And hopefully that will push Lebron to leave Miami if they loose, since Wade is about done and Bosh has always sucked. Going into this post season the Spurs winning it all was really the only way for the league to move on from some entertaining, but stagnant teams.
The thing about the Pacers is they're essentially the poster child for how every team that doesn't have a top 5 "this guy you can win a championship with for sure" player should build their team. Draft smart, don't overpay in free agency, and don't feel obligated to keep "your guys" just because you drafted them (a whole ton of teams fail on this last one. "He just needs time" as an excuse to hold on to someone you consider "yours"). I wouldn't be surprised if they let Stephenson walk. Dude is really, really good but I'm not sure worth the salary he's going to command. That team goes 9 deep of very quality players. The only move that was weird from them was trading for Turner, but it's not like they're going to resign him nor were they bring back Granger so whatever.

The truth is though, they lost not only because they hit a more talented team, but because they just straight up under performed. The only player on the whole roster that matched his regular season production was George and even that wasn't anywhere near how well he played during the first half of the regular season. All I'm really saying is that if 8 of the 9 core players on that team don't play sub par, we might be having a different discussion right now. That isn't to take anything away from Miami's 3 though.

Bottom line, Indianaisthat good. They're what the Raptors will be in 3 years. They just sucked balls in the playoffs.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Szlia

It's been a while since I laughed so hard. I found the buildup mildly amusing, but the punchline was entirely worth it.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Nerlins Noel and Anthony Davis being the last real players left and both age 39 killed me.