NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cavs vs GS tonight gonna be huge!
I can't wait. Should be a great one.

I don't think anything in my post was about bragging about beating OKC this season. If anything, Thunder blowhards are bragging by saying they're favored to make the Finals. Completely overlooking how good the competition is. That said, I will be disappointed if the W's don't make it to the Conference Finals this year.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think anybody is looking at OKC as heavy favorites to make the finals in the west or anything, but they're definitely in the conversation of teams with the best shot. I think Barkley or somebody was making a good point about it though with regards to them: The West is so tough this year as usual, but OKC having to play 3 straight road series in the West to make the finals is going to be all the more brutal and he just couldn't see it happening. If they can do that, serious props to them. I wouldn't put it past them. If Durant's foot issue goes away they're going to be extremely difficult to beat, poor coaching or not. Those guys have been on the verge for so long and it could be their time.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
All I know is I'm very excited for these playoffs. This is the first year I think I'll have ever witnessed where we aren't entering things with a clear cut favorite.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LBJ needs to stop making ridiculous shots. And GS needs to stop missing free throws. They already aren't getting many as it is.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Heh, everyone just writes the Spurs off like they don't even matter, Pop has this all worked out...his old team will limp along till playoffs then they will rip shit up winning back to back.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think this is finally the year that the Spurs age is showing. Especially with Parker.

Pretty bad performance by the W's in the second half. They should have lost by way more. Terrible free throw shooting. Splash Bros were off. Sloppy ball movement.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Jump shooting is cool in the preseason and regular season but in the post season it will fail you. Good win for the Cavs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jump shooting is cool in the preseason and regular season but in the post season it will fail you. Good win for the Cavs.
Is that you, Charles Barkley?

Warriors scored more points in the paint than the Cavs. Warriors aren't a jump shooting only team like they were in years past. Biggest difference in the game were FTs. Warriors a disgusting 10/19. Cavs a ridiculous 29/35. Holy FT disparity!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
opponent having more free throws and less points in the paint. mind blown. no idea how that is possible. blown.

Edit: Apology for being unnecessarily snarky. WB was having one of his moments in the first half.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I haven't watched the Knicks game yet, but they've lost a couple breaks lately that went their way early in the season. The games against the Pelicans and Dallas were just like earlier games where we let teams back in, but we managed to shut them out late early in the season...I'm kinda glad we lost so the team doesn't feel invincible. The offense is uninspired...and the bad shots often lead to putting the team in bad defensive situations. A lot of dumb turnovers do the same. Casey's isolation plays for Lowry and Williams at the end of quarters need to stop...and they need to remember Valanciunas is in the game for more than 5 minutes in the first half. They stop feeding him the ball and just chuck up 3s. Also, DeRozan hasn't been attacking the basket since he came back from his injury.
I respect what Casey has done for the team, but I think it's going to be a Scott Brooks/Mark Jackson situation in a couple years where we'll need to replace him to make the leap from a playoff team to a championship contender.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And Curry still had a better game today. What a comeback. Down 26 points at one point. Daaaamn.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Which is a better overall game?

A) 37 pts, 4 rb, 5 ast, 1 stl, 0 blk

B) 33 pts, 8 rb, 5 ast, 3 stl, 2 blk

If you picked option B, you would correct.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
That Cavs Houston game was more exciting than the Ronda Rousey fight. Lbj missing those free throws in OT was just garbage though, it looks like Miami didn't help with his nerves. Until he can get final seconds clutch I don't care what his stats say he'll still be second to the other greats.

Just a side note the Cavs only had 8 active players yesterday. Kyrie Irving was still out which killed our ball movement, and plus his backup played 42 minutes and put up a whopping 3 points.