NBA 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
If CP3 was such a special floor general, he would have made at least one conference title series by now.

Also, Westbrook completely dismantled CP3 last year to the point CP3 melted down and basically lost the series by himself.
Only on Rerolled do 6 games mean so much.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm from LA and my interest for the hornets/pelicans diminished after CP3 left. Wouldn't consider myself a real fan of the team I'm guessing because I didn't grow up with them. Had no idea AD was this legit and I guess I have a reason to make a few trips to NO this year.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm from LA and my interest for the hornets/pelicans diminished after CP3 left. Wouldn't consider myself a real fan of the team I'm guessing because I didn't grow up with them. Had no idea AD was this legit and I guess I have a reason to make a few trips to NO this year.
He's the best prospect since LeBron and no one else is really even close. Embiid maybe, but you really have to see him play and see how that foot works out before making any real call on him. He's 21 and already a top 10 player in the league (best player in the league if 6 games is enough for you to make that call). I said it before, but he honestly has to do little else than follow the natural progression all players do from when they enter the league until they're 25 or so and he'll be in the absolute top tier of NBA stars.

It is worth noting that he's missed time due to injury in both of his first two years, but he hasn't suffered anything that looks to be nagging (sprained ankle and MCL, hand fracture). People liked to call Kevin Love injury prone and I used the same defense there so I don't think it'll be a recurring thing for him.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Philly scored 29 points in the first half. The NBA should change the draft structure so this horseshit isn't rewarded.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think they have to leave the draft the same way, to keep legit bad teams from always being bad. (at a minimum make fans think they have a chance of a turnaround at some point)

But they sure as shit should punish them financially. If the bad team's owner complains about the penalty being too much for them to handle from having a bad team, tough shit. You were a bad owner and get to reap the rewards by selling the team for more than you bought it for.

Szlia

I think they have to leave the draft the same way, to keep legit bad teams from always being bad. (at a minimum make fans think they have a chance of a turnaround at some point)

But they sure as shit should punish them financially. If the bad team's owner complains about the penalty being too much for them to handle from having a bad team, tough shit. You were a bad owner and get to reap the rewards by selling the team for more than you bought it for.
Why does promotion / relegation not exist in american sports?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Why does promotion / relegation not exist in american sports?
Because even the Boston Celtics and LA Lakers have years where they are bottom 3 in the league, and if there were such a thing as relegation, they would be sent down to the D-League. No owner will vote for that knowing there would be a year where their team gets relegated and they miss out on the PHAT tv money.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So

rrr_img_82319.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ugly game last night but we won it. We really need to embrace the D. The Cavs need big D in a bad way. They need to grab some D and not let go. Luckily we found some D right at the end and pulled out just in time for the W.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
I have an unhealthy obsession with David Blatt. Last year, Mike Brown couldn't even draw up an inbounds play. This offense is so much fun to watch now!

Ok I guess some of the new players have a little to do with that...but still.