NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Am I the only 1 hoping the Clipps hang on and win this series just to watch Chris Pauls face for 4 games being swept by the Warriors?

Sterling

El Presidente
Holy fuck, they took their foot off the gas in the 4th and had the end of the bench in there, get outscored in the 4th by 7 and still win by 32. Quite the beating.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Never seen an elbow on an inbound pass. Then the Spurs kinda choked the opportunity away after getting the steal. Then it looked like Aldridge was grabbed pretty hard on the inside without a call.

Best part was Billy Donovan being asked about the no-call on the final play and him trying to play dumb. Huh? What call? I don't know what you're even talking about! Was there a controversial call? I didn't see anything. Oh, you mean when Durant lost the ball, yeah, I dunno maybe he was fouled but you gotta just keep playing. Oh, yeah, you mean the blatant elbow on the inbound? Nope, not sure what you're talking about I didn't hear or see anything at all about it!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
sb8BW2u.png

That entire sequence was complete shit by the refs. Waiters with an obvious foul, Manu crosses the inbounds line which is a delay of game violation, and Leonard had a fist full of Westbrook's jersey. Basically, they enforced no rules, Spurs got an open looked, and missed. Nobody got screwed.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Surprised with the Thunders intensity last night, didn't know those pussies had it in them.

That said, fuck San Antonio. My dislike of Westbrook is the only thing keeping me from full on cheering for OKC. The end of game was a cluster fuck all the way around and the officials should be ashamed of themselves.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There's a difference between "oh shit we got the ball SCRAMBLE!" and Pop drawing up a play. What an idiotic thing to say.
Since you don't know shit about basketball, you can call a timeout and draw up a play when you have possession of the ball.

Retards not understanding basic rules coming in here and talking shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since you don't know shit about basketball, you can call a timeout and draw up a play when you have possession of the ball.

Retards not understanding basic rules coming in here and talking shit.
I thought they used all their timeouts for that inning???

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lol yeah. If the Spurs had a timeout (I'm not sure, i think they did?) they wouldn't have called it cause that scramble play with the defense not being set up was their best chance to get a bucket. I'm surprised Ginobli didn't just take it all the way himself for another one of his many playoff daggers.

Refs made 5 mistakes in that last 13 seconds, but Ginobli stepping on the line was the first missed call and if they'd gotten that right none of the rest would have happened. 3 of the mistakes were missed calls against the Spurs including Ginobli with a delay of game for stepping on the line and invading the inbounder's space, Leonard grabbing Westbrook's jersey, and Mills grabbing Stephen Adams all before the ball was ever inbounded lol. In general the refs were letting a lot go during that entire quarter I thought. It made it a fun game to watch but it's not surprising they missed some calls at the end as such. They let it get very physical.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...SAS-5-2-16.pdf

Anyways, Spurs probably still win the series. OKC is just not strong enough mentally and Donovan is not an exception to that. With one timeout he shouldn't have blown it after that last LMA free throw. LMA had 3 free throws.. that's time to let the players know to try for a quick inbound to Durant or Westbrook after the last FTA. Instead he blew his final timeout, let Popovich set up his D for the inbound play, and we saw the result.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol yeah. If the Spurs had a timeout (I'm not sure, i think they did?) they wouldn't have called it cause that scramble play with the defense not being set up was their best chance to get a bucket. I'm surprised Ginobli didn't just take it all the way himself for another one of his many playoff daggers.

Refs made 5 mistakes in that last 13 seconds, but Ginobli stepping on the line was the first missed call and if they'd gotten that right none of the rest would have happened. 3 of the mistakes were missed calls against the Spurs including Ginobli with a delay of game for stepping on the line and invading the inbounder's space, Leonard grabbing Westbrook's jersey, and Mills grabbing Stephen Adams all before the ball was ever inbounded lol. In general the refs were letting a lot go during that entire quarter I thought. It made it a fun game to watch but it's not surprising they missed some calls at the end as such. They let it get very physical.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/u...SAS-5-2-16.pdf

Anyways, Spurs probably still win the series. OKC is just not strong enough mentally and Donovan is not an exception to that. With one timeout he shouldn't have blown it after that last LMA free throw. LMA had 3 free throws.. that's time to let the players know to try for a quick inbound to Durant or Westbrook after the last FTA. Instead he blew his final timeout, let Popovich set up his D for the inbound play, and we saw the result.
Yes, Spurs had a timeout. You could say Itlan didn't know that, but then why does he think Pop would have been able to draw up a play? It's not like the NFL where you get 40 seconds before you have to go out and inbound it.