NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Ellis for Bogut seemed like a great move right off the bat because the team was going nowhere AND it allowed them to tank enough to barely (i think by way of an unlikely Lakers comeback against us in the final week) keep their first round pick that year. Less obvious was how good the side moves around that trade were going to turn out... Stephen Jackson comes back in the trade with Bogut, and the W's immediately turn around and ship Capn Jack's expiring contract to the Spurs for Richard Jefferson's bad deal and their #1 pick. That pick turned out to be Festivus, and set up the Green pick at #35. If they hadn't had that #30 to grab Ezeli, maybe instead they miss Ezeli, grab some other big at #35, and get neither of them. That trade was the turning point that allowed the franchise to transform from the perennially defensive doormat to a defensive powerhouse.

Looking back at all the moves that allowed the Warriors to get here is a pretty crazy journey. I roll my eyes at other fans who still today say shit like "If we'd only taken Drummond instead of Barnes how good would we be.... " when so many of the moves they made turned out perfectly.
Most notably the Wolves drafting Jonny Fucking Flynn over Curry.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
This Raptors team has an uncanny ability to make success (especially by our lowly standards) look horrible. Man that was an ugly win last night.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I missed the game live because of Civil War tickets, so I started watching it later in the night. Ended up sleeping through the entire 3rd quarter and wondering wtf happened to the lead, but too tired to rewind. The last second shot by Lowry is par for the course with Casey as the coach...he's the king of letting players iso at the end of the game. Glad they crushed it in OT this time, though.

Lowry's still not where he was in the regular season, but it looks like he's starting to get his form back. He's not airballing or hitting the backboard on wide-open shots this round. Even with Whiteside in the middle they're attacking the rim more, too. This series is definitely winnable...and winning ugly is still winning.

Qerero

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd rather win ugly than lose, it just doesn't inspire confidence. Valanciunas was good again last night (in the 4th at least anyway). The flip side of surviving these games with subpar performances from Derozan and Lowry is that winning is that much more likely if they find their form, but it's getting increasingly worrying that neither of them have shown many signs of that happening. Both have been a bit better in the last couple of games, but it's still very shaky. Derozan, out of nowhere, was terrible at the FT line last night - it just seems like the pressure is in their heads or something.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I've been saying all year that DeRozan will struggle in the playoffs because he won't get bailed out and sent to the free-throw line as much. His lack of a 3-point shot means the defender can sag-off a bit, too. Lowry's struggles were surprising, though. I think he started off struggling because of the elbow bursitis, but it really got in his head in the first round. He seems more like himself now, but he's still just a bit off.

Casey doesn't know how to use JV...he's getting better, but he lets the team completely forget about him for too long. I also don't understand this recent trend of having the center take the ball at the top of the 3 point arc. I get it if the guy is a 3-point threat, but otherwise why are you using your worst ball-handler to start the offense every play? It's cool if you bring him up for a pick-and-roll, but Indiana was doubling the ball-handler every time and Toronto never was able to hit the roller consistently to make them pay.
And it's not just the Raptors that do it...lots of teams have their big guys take the ball up there and it doesn't seem to create room or do anything else to give a big enough advantage that you couldn't do the same thing with your 3 or 4 and let your guy get position on the block.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I like when Bogut runs the offense from the top of the arc. Every other player on the Warriors is a shooting threat and Bogut is an elite passer. Someone will always get open.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
J-Val injury hurts. Sorry, Djay.
Yeah, I'm hoping Lowry's back to his All-Star form now, though. If Whiteside is out, too, I think the Raptors can win 2 of the next 4 and JV might be back for the ECF if we get there.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Halfway through the 3rd quarter is a good time for the first team to break the 50 point barrier. #justeasternconferencethings

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I knew we were in trouble when Lowry went out, but really hoped we could hold the lead for the last few minutes. Nope.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
WTF that double T was horseshit. Way too quick.

I hope Curry fucking blows up on them now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The final five minutes of the half was awful. Fouls in the first 5-10 seconds every possession.