NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What if Lavine's foot on the free throw line, behind the back dunk came first? Is it a 50 then? You can't judge just in the context on the dunks of the night. Everything those two did on Saturday was impressive.

Anyway, i'm taking it bros. Back to back Slam Dunk champs in the house. Suck it. It's the only thing i can be excited about until our next lottery pick.
Using my criteria of taking Vince's 360 Windmill as the 50 baseline...no, it wouldn't be a 50. Maybe I'm a bitter old man now, but anything with a foot inside/on the free-throw line just doesn't impress me anymore. It was cool when MJ replicated Dr. J, but by the time Brent Barry was doing it...I was over it. Behind the back/through the legs is certainly an impressive twist, but I guess I'd be the Russian judge if they put me on the panel, because the sit-down dunk was probably the only thing I'd give a 10 to if you actually want to make the numbers mean something.
To expand just a little...I think a dunk should be amazing both in real-time and in replay. There were some dunks that looked really cool when you slowed them down, but in real-time they were missing the flair and/or ferociousness that makes a great dunk into an extraordinary dunk.

I'll leave it at that...congrats to your boy on bringing home the back-to-back.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I saw a rumor of Kevin Love to the Celtics. Also still some Blake Griffin talk...apparently Denver turned them down. Phoenix is probably selling Morris and maybe some others, but nobody too exciting. Should be a good deadline for teams in need of a PF.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Thought I heard Dwight was on the block, too. I don't see them getting by OKC, San Antonio, or Golden State in the West, so I guess you might as well blow it up and try to position yourself a couple years down the road.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I guess it is more clearing of salary cap space for this off season as Joel Anthony is another expiring contract.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
Not much excitement with trade deadline looming. Need more moves!
Glad to see that the Suns traded Markieff Morris. Team's been a dumpster fire for years regardless, but he's been toxic and not helping things one bit.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Celtics-and-Sixers-discussed-Jahlil-Okafor-trade | Hoops Rumors

Celtics were extremely close to acquiring Okafor for the Nets 1st round pick (possible #1) they own.

Hoping Wes Matthews gets it going here in Dallas. I'm excited, probably falsely, for free agency this year. Luckily Parsons is starting to become an even better player. D-Will has worked at fairly well (figured he would), but who doesn't with Carlisle? Aside from Rajon Roach. The David Lee signing will add some solid depth to the rotation. Maybe makes us a potential 2nd round team at best.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read that yesterday. It would have took a lot for the Sixers to part ways with Oak. The pick wasn't enough and not sure who else Boston has with his kind of upside. Next years trade deadline will be a different story.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anderson Varejao likely to sign with the Warriors later today after he clears waivers. I'm down with that. The Warriors C position is not very stable at the moment.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Thought I heard Dwight was on the block, too. I don't see them getting by OKC, San Antonio, or Golden State in the West, so I guess you might as well blow it up and try to position yourself a couple years down the road.
This is how fuckin toxic and retarded the rockets are

Dwight Howard, James Harden reportedly tried to get each other traded | FOX Sports

There have been rumblings that Dwight Howard and James Harden haven't always seen eye to eye while teammates on the Rockets. But who knew the two tried to have the other one traded in 2014?

NBA.com's Fran Blinebury reported that days after Damian Lillard's buzzer-beating, series-clinching 3-pointer in Game 6 of the 2014 playoffs knocked out the Rockets,the Houston star duo tried to get the other shipped out.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You have a clear head case in Howard and Harden only cares about his stats and gives no shits about playing anything resembling defense.

It would be more surprising if there wasn't crazy shit going on behind the scenes.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I read that yesterday. It would have took a lot for the Sixers to part ways with Oak. The pick wasn't enough and not sure who else Boston has with his kind of upside. Next years trade deadline will be a different story.
I'm not sure I'd trade a top 5 pick for Okafor. Maybe. Not with the chance it could be Simmons, however small. Okafor is Al Jefferson 2.0.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure I'd trade a top 5 pick for Okafor. Maybe. Not with the chance it could be Simmons, however small. Okafor is Al Jefferson 2.0.
This is just so premature. He's 19. There is no telling what he will turn into. Right now his upside is huge.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
He's never going to be a plus defender, I think Al Jefferson 2.0 is being fair. He'd go like 8th if they redid that draft.