NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I thought this could happen with the Cavs. Love/Lebron/Irving would take up so much they'd almost have to gamble by overpaying everyone they had now because it might be very hard to add free agent talent in the remaining cap space (vs going way over the cap to keep their core). Still, damn, $10 million a year for him and $16M for Tristan is crazy.

Lebron should just sign elsewhere for maximum trolling and lulz.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm guessing Lebron told them he'd take a bit of a discount if they brought everybody back.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
I know he won't, but hot damn do I hope LMA picks Phoenix. The fact they made it a possibility today is still blowing my mind as I didn't think they even had a 5% shot.

Still love the Tyson Chandler pickup no matter what. He's the vet they needed and will be huge for Len. I think Granger has a comeback year too, he's putting in a ton of work with the team. Moved here pretty much immediately last year and has been working out with the staff non-stop.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My free agency excitement is gone. Next season is practically over. Crown the Cavs. Not only does it mean they're a lock to win the championship, but also that Love and Lebron are besties. This is the worst day of all time!

DickTrickle

You should make more bad predictions based on your inside sources in the media. Though the Lewis Black impression is sometimes entertaining.

It's okay, it's not your fault.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I gave reasons and an argument for why Love may not want to stay, and wasn't even all that unique in my view. Feel free to react by shoving a lot of hyperbole up your ass and spin on it if that's what gets you off. I concede this moral victory, though, you clearly need it more than I do.

DickTrickle

It's one thing to present arguments with some grounding (which you did) and another to have such a strong, vitriolic conviction in it with a stated reason being that of some media reports (which you also did). I don't know if you've ever noticed but there's a lot of conflicting media reports out there and the sources for them vary widely in knowledge and bias. Be rational about it next time, pal.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's one thing to present arguments with some grounding (which you did) and another to have such a strong, vitriolic conviction in it with a stated reason being that of some media reports (which you also did). I don't know if you've ever noticed but there's a lot of conflicting media reports out there and the sources for them vary widely in knowledge and bias. Be rational about it next time, pal.
I'll take a moment to point out you trying to talk shit by telling anyone else to be rational.

DickTrickle

I'll take a moment to point out you trying to talk shit by telling anyone else to be rational.
It's a good first step to ending your shitposting streak by recognizing superior behavior to emulate.

Okay, I'm done. Back to crazy money free agency spending talk. Can't wait for the next lockout!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Fuck. As if I don't annoy people enough, and you're going to suggest I be more like you? You think making people call you dumb is trolling them, and that you're owning them when you say something like 'woah u mad u dumb lol' as a comeback. I'm a dick, sure, but you're an idiot. I can get annoying, but you get sympathy. I call people retards, you are a retard. Wait, I meant that. Like I'm not just calling you one. I think you might actually be retarded. Which isn't funny, I guess. Sorry, guys, I usually try to at least be funny. ;/

Speaking of things forgotten and irrelevant, what's up with OKC. Hyped for years, now we don't hear anyone talking about them winning anything anytime soon. Not a player in free agency. Most of the talk is whether they're going to be healthy and/or be able to keep their stars. Seriously, when was the last time any of you even thought about OKC? Sucks how quick a media darling team like they've been can disappear.

DickTrickle

I never claimed to have trolled you. I didn't "own" you, you did it to yourself -- you just said stupid stuff with typical irrational overconfidence and I pointed it out when you were inevitably wrong. That's all. Just learn from it, bud.

OKC is a victim of higher expectations from their Finals run and a tough conference with injuries to their best starters. It's not surprising where they are now when there's more interesting stories (especially since GSW basically became their replacement and was able to capitalize with a title).

I think the Blazers' abrupt descent is more surprising. For a while there, they seemed to be a really cohesive, solid team, somewhat like the Hawks, even if they weren't necessarily top tier in the West. Then Matthews gets injured and they bomb in the playoffs and LMA has no interest in staying there (after his horrid series, mind you). They could easily be a bottom three team in the West next year, I think.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not ready to crown the Cavs. If the Spurs end up with LMA, holy fuck.

When Tyson signed, shit got real. Mavs are a DJ "no" away from throwing together another 45-50 win veteran team who don't get in the lottery, and doesn't do shit in the playoffs. Worst shit ever. And the Raptors signed Carroll and now are in a war with the Mavs for Matthews?! Get that fuck out, go away Toronto! Fuck. At least apparently Carlisle blew Jordan away with his basketball IQ, them meeting for 4 1/2 hours, and having dinner last night is at least a glimmer of hope also. Btw, 15 games Griffin missed, DJ stat line: 14.9 ppg, 18.5 rpg. Dude is a solid piece regardless of his FT, lack of offense.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I never claimed to have trolled you. I didn't "own" you, you did it to yourself -- you just said stupid stuff with typical irrational overconfidence and I pointed it out when you were inevitably wrong. That's all. Just learn from it, bud.
This was the post I think you've got stuck in your ass:

I thought Love was on a contract that extended through next year. Everyone was saying how it's perfect for Cleveland because Love will want to stay to get a max deal after next year, so they're sure to at least have him two seasons and that he shouldn't be opting out. Now people are saying it's proof he's staying in Cleveland because he's opting out, which doesn't make sense to me. Can't have it both ways, you can't just say anything Love does it's obviously he's going to stay with Cleveland.

Especially because it's been reported that Lebron said he isn't going to woo Love this time like he did last time if he opts out, Lebron is just going to let him make a decision. But meanwhile, all the other teams will be wooing him, which is going to feel pretty good when your current team seemed luke-warm to you all along and isn't even pursuing you to stay. And it seemed like they didn't appreciate Love when he was in the line up, then he gets hurt and people say the team is maybe actually better without him. All reports, media bs, instagram photos of the inner circle, momentum, assumptions, everything leads me to feeling Love should want to bail.

Honestly, why would he stay, aside from the Cavs fans not understanding that every player in the world wouldn't cut off their nuts to lose more championships with Lebron? If he can sign a max deal for long term now with a handful of big market teams, why would he the Cavs? If he can stay in Cle another year or sign a one year deal and then be free for the cap increase, why would he sign in Cle over another team? Why is everyone assuming the Lebron factor is so huge, when it didn't seem to be all that much fun for Love this season not only as a 3 option, but pushed out of the inner circle and just about every step of the way shoved aside.

What we do know for certain is the only way he can leave is by opting out, which he has done. It's not a sure thing he's leaving, but it's the first step he'd have to take if he were. I think he leaves, though.
What of that is irrational overconfidence?

That I pointed out Cavs fans started saying it was proof Love was staying in Cleveland that he signed a two year contract so he wouldn't have to opt out, and then when he did opt out followed up with the argument that, well, that's also proof he's staying in Cleveland. That's not very irrational of me. It's actually pretty boring pointing out Cavs fans think no matter what happened they saw it as proof Love was staying (which imo is pretty irrational logic).

Was it irrational that I pointed out having a ton of teams beg for you to take their money was going to feel pretty good, and somewhat awkward perhaps when your own team's star said he wasn't even going to try?

Was it irrational when I pointed out how awkward this season was, especially the passive aggressive shit, and fans and media saying the team was better in the playoffs after getting hurt (which is bs, but people were saying that shit).

So, in your mind, my completely irrational, overconfident vitriolic 'predictions' include

My best guess is Love leaves for a team that isn't so passive-aggressive and dysfunctional as Cleveland
which is not very irrational. Cleveland has always been pretty fucking dysfunctional, and even people who don't like me agree Lebron was passive-aggressive this season (and in general).

Or, more vitriol and overconfidence:

All reports, media bs, instagram photos of the inner circle, momentum, assumptions, everything leads me to feeling Love should want to bail.
In your, pathetic, tiny, mind, me saying 'my best guess' and even citing my own fucking assumptions in saying 'leads me to feeling Love should want to bail' is somehow some vitriolic, overconfident irrational predictions based solely on faulty media reports, and boy you're going to fucking show me up and call me out.

I know your sweaty, fat turkey neck starts quivering when you see me post, but save yourself from having a fucking heart attack by actually attacking me for the many things that are worth of attacks, because on this one it's not me you hate, it's your own mental retardation.

Unless the entire root of getting your giblets in a bunch was this actual prediction:

My prediction: Lakers take a big man with the number 2 pick, Love opts out and joins the Lakers. Kobe extends his career by becoming a dominant point guard player-coach. Within 2 seasons Kobe is back in the finals!
Which I was obviously very serious about and will continue to believe!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Btw, 15 games Griffin missed, DJ stat line: 14.9 ppg, 18.5 rpg. Dude is a solid piece regardless of his FT, lack of offense.
Yeah. I don't know why so many are down on DeAndre (which could be the name of his sex tape). I'm pretty critical of the Clippers (hate them) and DJ, but he's like a Rodman, but with a lot more size, athleticism and maybe surprisingly even less antics. I think Doc has done a good job with him, but he could go to a team with just as much support, including from team mates that he at least doesn't seem to feel he got in LA, and end up being a key piece of a championship. I'd kinda like to see him and Rondo together, not because they'd win anything, just that it would be entertaining.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I just think you don't know much about basketball but that's just my opinion.
I think you're just a sensitive kinda guy, which is understandable, because I'm pretty sure you didn't give a shit about my posts or even notice them until very recently when you got mad about Lebron and True Detective (I think I may have called you an idiot in that thread recently too, hah). But nice try, friend.

There always ends up being one thread and then boohoo you're just a fucking idiot boohooo. For instance, for Convo it's the Pantheon thread, but he's at least man enough and gets respect for not holding a grudge in every other thread like a bitch.

I am sorry I made you pick sides with and defend DickTrickle, though, because nobody deserves that.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Draymond Green staying with the Warriors for 5 years, $85 million. No huge surprise.