NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Draymond Green staying with the Warriors for 5 years, $85 million. No huge surprise.
You sure it's not a surprise? Couple posters here were acting like it was idiocy to suggest he would stay! Will take a few years to see if it was worth it, but shrug, all the hacks getting 20 mil a year it's not a bad deal keeping Green for 17.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't hold a grudge in pantheon because you're wrong and I just want to see you happy, buddy. You'll see the light soon enough. Get that wooden spoon sharpened. Also, I fully expected you to post my PM. Actually told someone you'd do it and like clockwork it happen. Was a good lol for us all and funny matters most!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What surprises me the most is that all of these deals are getting done on the first day, especially the restricted guys and the ones staying with their own teams that you can go over the cap for. I'm used to these guys taking longer to make their decisions...it probably has something to do with how much money is being thrown around this summer and wanting to jump on the deals before all the cap space is gone.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nba has been the most interesting sport these last 4 months. It's crazy summer ball is starting and I'm even interested in that.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Kings are gonna look like an NBA 2k franchise I do in the wrong state of mind and start over the next day:

Rondo
Monta
Rudy
Boogie
Willie Cauley Stein

That's a glorious way to win 32 games.

NBA is ALWAYS the most interesting sport, outside of the NFL when games are actually happening.

Edit: Holy fuck the 76ers got a first and two first swaps out of that Stauskas deal. Vivek is going to get a cowbell shoved up his ass.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You sure it's not a surprise? Couple posters here were acting like it was idiocy to suggest he would stay! Will take a few years to see if it was worth it, but shrug, all the hacks getting 20 mil a year it's not a bad deal keeping Green for 17.
Most people were saying he would be max or near max, not that he'd leave. Here's some just off the last few pages of the playoffs thread.

Alex_sl said:
Yeah, Green will be a max player for sure.
Pharazon_sl said:
The main move this offseason will be matching Green's likely max.
Slaythe_sl said:
I would think keeping a core of Curry/Steph/Green/Iggy would be their priority. I'd put Bogut there too but I don't know feasible it is to keep all of those guys and in truth Green probably means more to their team defense than anyone.
DickTrickle_sl said:
I bet he stays with the warriors
Meanwhile, you said...

popsicledeath_sl said:
DickTrickle, you dumb fuck, people in teh mediaz are already talking about Green giving the Warriors the ol' hometown and/or got-me-a-ring-and-gonna-hope-to-get-more discount. It's not unheard of for smart players that are a part of a smart system to realize they can make more money and build more legend over the long haul by taking less money in the short term to be on a successful team, than chasing a big pay check and fading into obscurity.
If the 5/85 holds (which appears to be just under the max -- it's unclear to me whether 85 or 90 is the max for his situation), is that the kind of hometown/winning team discount you envisioned after your inside sources from the media clued you in (yet again!)? Amazing.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Seriously what the fuck. If I was a Kings fan I would be plotting a way to blow up Vivek's hybrid when he hops in to go to yoga in the morning. This is worse than Prokhorov/Billy King.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Seriously what the fuck. If I was a Kings fan I would be plotting a way to blow up Vivek's hybrid when he hops in to go to yoga in the morning. This is worse than Prokhorov/Billy King.
Fired a promising coach, hired a coach that instantly became toxic with their best player who probably now wants out, gets massively fleeced in a trade deal, and is interested in a pairing of Monta, Rondo, and Rudy Gay. All in less than a year! That's actually somewhat impressive in its terribleness.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think you're just a sensitive kinda guy, which is understandable, because I'm pretty sure you didn't give a shit about my posts or even notice them until very recently when you got mad about Lebron and True Detective (I think I may have called you an idiot in that thread recently too, hah). But nice try, friend.

There always ends up being one thread and then boohoo you're just a fucking idiot boohooo. For instance, for Convo it's the Pantheon thread, but he's at least man enough and gets respect for not holding a grudge in every other thread like a bitch.

I am sorry I made you pick sides with and defend DickTrickle, though, because nobody deserves that.
Naw not me in the True Detective thread. It's all good.

For the record, you're the one that gets baited into rage posting. I just think your absolute vitriol toward LeBron isn't based around all that much logic.

But you're correct. It's just been this one topic that has caused that opinion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey guys I hear this is the place to talk about sportsball. I don't really follow the NBA at all, but I'm pretty sure the Bulls are going to repeat this year.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
That Shumpert deal is going to be atrocious even if the cap goes up to 400 million. What in the fuck?
This. Lost in all the activity today was this troll job by GM Bron Bron to continue to make Gilbert pay for writing that letter.

Is Shumpert even worth $10M for 4 years, let alone $10M / year?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
His defense isn't bad, so he's got to be worth 2.5m a year at least
redface.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I didn't hold a grudge in pantheon because you're wrong and I just want to see you happy, buddy. You'll see the light soon enough. Get that wooden spoon sharpened. Also, I fully expected you to post my PM. Actually told someone you'd do it and like clockwork it happen. Was a good lol for us all and funny matters most!
I thought that was the game we were playing. You PM me with bogus nonsense and I post it for the lulz and pretend, umm, whatever I pretended, can't remember.

See, I'll gladly circumsize-bet when it comes to Pantheon. No way I'd take that bet when it comes to the Cavs. Fuckers could actually win a championship next year!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what's wrong with Stauskas? Can't say I follow the Kings much. I know he was an early pick. I definitely like his size. I think getting him and a 1st was a nice grab for just absorbing salary. That puts us at 5 potential 1st rounders next year(if it's for next year.) Probably our last year of tanking. May as well draft an entire team in the first heh.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Naw not me in the True Detective thread. It's all good.

For the record, you're the one that gets baited into rage posting. I just think your absolute vitriol toward LeBron isn't based around all that much logic.

But you're correct. It's just been this one topic that has caused that opinion.
I know it's fun to think I'm sitting here with sweat pouring down my pitted, acne-scarred ass-crack rage-posting like it really matters to me. In reality, it takes me very little effort or emotion to seem to be all Yosimite-Sam about Lebron! Err, I mean, Fucking Lebron, he took muh jurb!

You sure I didn't get nuts on you in the True Detective thread? That one is getting stupid, tbh, on all sides.

And for the record, I don't think you're a dumb fuck. I only think DickTrickle is. and NEW JOISEY!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Steph Curry is now the sixth highest paid player on the Warriors.