NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I can't remember a player ever doing that in the past. Not saying it hasn't happened, but I'm either going senile or it is super rare.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
The one I heard about on the radio today that most people were referencing was Carlos Boozer:

The Cleveland Cavaliers agreed to forgo a $700,000 team option to allow Carlos Boozer to become a restricted free agent, with a handshake deal in place to re-sign Boozer for more money after he had outperformed his previous contract.

After becoming a restricted free agent, Boozer joined the Utah Jazz for $27 million more, signing a six-year, $68 million deal.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I was thinking about that one and the Parsons contracts - both being released early and then singing elsewhere. but i think both times involved the players going back to their original team and saying i'm being offered this, will you match?
but the biggest difference is, I don't think either team releasing players from their options can offer the handshake deal before the release and it be on the level.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was out all night and just came back to the drama. When I left, DJ was "50/50"...the whole hostage thing is hilarious. God I love the NBA. Sorry to the Dallas fans here, though.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
giphy.gif

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dead hahahaha.

Boozer never verbally committed as far as I know. It's never happened like this before, a lot of the other instances were RFAs who didnt get matched by their team etc... DJ never recovers from this image wise.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
"NEVER TRUST A MAN FROM HOUSTON!" DeAndre doing this was the best possible choice. lol

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Well, Clips organization tweet makes it look official now. Think this might make DJ look more unlike-able then Dwight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How are human beings that large, so insecure?

Obviously tank bad, making it super fucking obvious to because fuck what's left of Stern's shitty NBA, and then trade away Parsons/Matthews in the middle of the year for some first rounders. Gotta be Top 7 pick or Boston gets our pick for that abortion Rajon Rhonda.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Good for McDyess. Really, this is unprecedented.
Haha yeah overall that's true. The blockade aspect is really the move we've seen before.

The entire thing though, that's something new. And not just because of how things were covered on Twitter. Be happy you don't have to put up with his God awful free throws? #BrightSide

Over/Under at the All Star break before CP3 hurts his feelings again?