NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Summer league has been fun. That dunk super Mario did was awesome lol. He's so cocky.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Wanted him gone? Lulz
Yeah...what a load of revisionist history. They were trading him because they knew he was leaving the next year as a free agent and wanted to get something in return. What's funny is, I just looked at the original trade with the Lakers and it would have been a better haul than they got with the Clippers, mostly because Eric Gordon never ended up being as good as many thought he would be.
The Hornets would have received Goran Dragic, Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and a first-round pick from the Rockets. Nobody knew Dragic was going to be that good at the time, though.
However, that said, the Hornets/Pelicans probably wouldn't have ended up with Anthony Davis in that scenario, so it ended up working out for them.

Chris Paul is the best point guard of this generation and a Top 5 point guard all-time whether or not he wins a championship. He won't challenge Magic for best ever, but he's in the group behind him with the likes of Thomas, Stockton, and Oscar.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Real players find ways to overcome things like the luxury tax and having your coach's awful son on the team!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Some rumblings about DJ being persuaded to go back on his commitment to the Mavs. Apparently multiple Clippers have talked to him about it. Who knows to what degree he's unsure of his choice, though.

Antilles

Idiot Savaunt
Apparently he's already met with Blake and CP3 will be attending a meeting with him today. Should've flown him down to the Bahamas to hang out with Melo, Wade and LeBron.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just lol @ Jordan returning to the Clippers. It makes the West more difficult, but it'll also be entertaining to see what happens as a result of this. How mad Cuban is going to be etc.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hahahahahahahahahaha... Where do I start?

Deandre is that girl who gets beat by her ex-boyfriend but can't leave him. Even ESPN is like, "He just wanted his teammates to embrace him and show him love....". This is some high school behavior, maybe CP3 was right about him being "soft" (still think CP3 gets a little too bitchy on the court). Don't blame the Clippers one bit. This type of stuff just kinda shows a mans mental strength.

Now for the Mavs, its time to completely team tank. I kinda hope they either tell Wesley Matthews either A) Hey you can look for another team, we don't wanna put you through a season like this. B) You will take a lot of time to get back from injury.

rrr_img_102667.jpg

Ps. Have fun getting bounced in the first & second rounds, at least in Dallas you could've been bounced in the first round but made some all-star teams!#teamtank #BenSimmons2016

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So the Great Chris Paul will continue his impressive streak of leading his team to increasingly ridiculous playoff collapses? Not sure how you top a 3-1 collapse though. I'm sure one of the greatest PGs ever will find a way.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So the Great Chris Paul will continue his impressive streak of leading his team to increasingly ridiculous playoff collapses? Not sure how you top a 3-1 collapse though. I'm sure one of the greatest PGs ever will find a way.
There is always 3-0.

Some talk Dallas would go after a Pacers S&T for Hibbert/Monta, and then pursue a Lawson or D. Williams. They also get the last meeting with DJ. Jesus, I wish Dallas would just say "fuck you" and completely tank. Dirk is still good enough to get you out of a Top 5 pick though. What a fucking Free Agency lol.

Pharazon

There is always 3-0.

Some talk Dallas would go after a Pacers S&T for Hibbert/Monta, and then pursue a Lawson or D. Williams. They also get the last meeting with DJ. Jesus, I wish Dallas would just say "fuck you" and completely tank. Dirk is still good enough to get you out of a Top 5 pick though. What a fucking Free Agency lol.
My new dream (stolen from an idea I saw on a Warriors board) is for the Mavs to tank, decide they don't want to put Dirk through a year of tanking and would rather give him one last shot with a contender, and trade him to the Warriors for G. Wallace and future pick(s) Some silver lining of this for the Mavs would be f'ing over the Clippers somewhat by making the Warriors better. Steph Dirk Klay would be so wrong. Oh and then bring back Don Nelson to fill Alvin Gentry's vacant spot of offensive coordinator. Nelson gets to coach two of his all time greatest picks in Dirk and Steph on the same team
smile.png
Season could be even more fun than the last one if that were possible.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Can only pray there are cameras in the vicinity of these meetings.

CLIPPERS, JORDAN MEETING OVER
The meeting has ended, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard. Chris Paul was emotional during the meeting, a source in the room told Broussard. Paul told Jordan he had no idea he felt negatively about him and that he thought they were "brothers." He said he'd work to get Jordan more involved in the offense and that the Clippers couldn't move forward without him.
12m

Repost. If Broussard's "sauces" are true, this is beyond pathetic. Just pull a Kobe, tell him he is a "bitch" and if he wants to play he does it your way.

Pharazon

Lol @ 4-corners. Classic shit. One of my years in highschool we were playing a really good team, and we got an early 4-0 lead or something. Coach had us go 4 corners for the rest of the half. It was pretty f'ing sad.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Welp the moratorium period is going to be gone now in the next CBA, if Cuban has any say.

DeAndre just single handedly ruined the Mavs offseason - they could have re-signed Chandler or done any other number of moves in the last 5 days. I don't blame the Clippers at all - but this was some slimy underhanded shit by DJ.

He won't answer calls from Cuban/Parsons or his agent - Fegan is going to be forced to drop him after gets his cut or his rep around the league will be shot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I will be in the American Airlines Center when DJ makes his "Dallas Debut", and I may end up in jail.