NBA 2015 Off-Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Obviously things will change over the course of a year, but next year's draft is projected to be one of the most big men heavy lotteries ever. As of right now there is no sure fire, to be freshman, baller PG prospect which is really too bad for the 6ers.

Again, draft projections will change a ton between now and then. Just saying that right now all the super hyped high school prospects are big guys and Ingram.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's too early but from the little research I have done, there are a few. I think Kris Dunn(from scouting reports I've read) is probably already on their radar. There are 5-6 guys floating around that could easily drop. It would be a good year to have all 4 picks spread out in the top 20. I still want Ben Simmons. I'm going to watch him this year in college. Guy just sounds ridiculous.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Josh Smith to LAC. He's better than Big Baby....I guess.

They really need a 3&D wing though.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The ego's on that team, luckily for them Doc does a good job with ego's so far in his career. They are fielding a: CP3, Redick, Pierce, Griffin, and Bitch starting five. Crawford, Stephenson, Rivers, and Smith as mains off the bench. All distaste aside, where do you guys think this LAC team projects in the West? They certainly have gotten better, but even off the bench this is not a good defensive team. Shit two of their main rotation players are volume shooters to a T. Can definitely see this team edging out some others for the 3rd seed, but realistically it's hard to see them as any better than the 4th best team come playoff time? Barring any injuries on other teams of course.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Rumor is they're getting rid of the rule where division winners are guaranteed a Top 4 seed. Aldridge leaving most likely takes Portland out of the playoffs...OKC, if they stay healthy, will battle for one of those top 3 spots. Memphis is probably in the mix, as well. I think the Spurs will end up at 2 or 3 because Pop will rest his guys during the regular season. Golden State will still be great, but I don't think they'll have the same type of regular season they had last year. I almost forgot about Houston, but obviously they're in the mix there, too. It's really tough, but I see the Clippers getting home court advantage along with GS, San Antonio, and OKC. Obviously any sort of injuries could derail that, but those would be my picks right now. I'd put Houston 5 and Memphis 6. Pelicans 7th and no idea for the 8th spot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
PerSI, Rockets, Pistons, and Lakers in on Ty Lawson. Assuming he stays on the court, a trade to the Rockets could be a huge get for them. God willing, that won't actually happen.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Terry Rozier is blowing it up in the summer league for the Celtics. Love the kid, but no way did I imagine him going at 16 (had him late first round), but it seems to be paid off. Huge difference between when he last played college ball and now. He is shooting a great time 3pnt percentage, dominating on defense, and has continued his amazing clutch abilities. Now will it translate well to the regular season? I sure hope so!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Rumor is they're getting rid of the rule where division winners are guaranteed a Top 4 seed. Aldridge leaving most likely takes Portland out of the playoffs...OKC, if they stay healthy, will battle for one of those top 3 spots. Memphis is probably in the mix, as well. I think the Spurs will end up at 2 or 3 because Pop will rest his guys during the regular season. Golden State will still be great, but I don't think they'll have the same type of regular season they had last year. I almost forgot about Houston, but obviously they're in the mix there, too. It's really tough, but I see the Clippers getting home court advantage along with GS, San Antonio, and OKC. Obviously any sort of injuries could derail that, but those would be my picks right now. I'd put Houston 5 and Memphis 6. Pelicans 7th and no idea for the 8th spot.
Barring injuries and championship hangover, I see GSW being just as amazing in the regular season. The team has a whole season of the new system under their belt. I have a feeling the style of play will be pretty much the same thing but they'll cut down on the TOs a ton.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Championship hangover is what I'm counting on...it's inevitable. The Bulls were just as good in '97 and '98, but it's hard to have the hunger to replicate those huge regular seasons for first championships. Lakers had it happen to them after both their 67 win season in '00 and their 65 win season in '09. Also, teams don't gameplan for the regular season much, but now they've had an entire offseason to breakdown tape on the Warriors. Between that and a little bit of regression to the mean, I'd take about 5 games off their win total putting them around 62 wins with the margin of victory not being as large. I'm not knocking them at all...they'll still be one of the favorites going into the playoffs. This is just what happens in the regular season after a championship usually.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I doubt they win 67, but they'll win 60. I'm expecting LAC to come out really hot. If Houston gets Ty Lawson they might be legitimate as well.

Spurs will win 55 and then win the title.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Lawson in rehab for 30 days.

Don't think there is any way GS wins near 67 again, defenses will smarten up. Championship hangovers usually happen as well. This could be just me hating, but I think they are on the outside looking in at Spurs-Cavs.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
How fucking awful... Now Harden doesn't have to fumble the ball all over the court the Rockets will be a legitimate top team. Still favor Spurs, Cavs, GS etc... but fuck lol.

Actually, fuck it, if this means one more team that is likely to beat the Clippers. Whatever.

Jovec

?
GSW earned their championship, but they still need to prove themselves next year. Plenty of one-season wonders.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
How fucking awful... Now Harden doesn't have to fumble the ball all over the court the Rockets will be a legitimate top team. Still favor Spurs, Cavs, GS etc... but fuck lol.

Actually, fuck it, if this means one more team that is likely to beat the Clippers. Whatever.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they at least think it went well. Hoping he takes rehab serious and listens to docs.

Good thing we have Okafor tho, you guys know he avg a double double in the summer league??