NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Djay

Trakanon Raider
A dislocated shoulder isn't a career altering injury. Love will definitely get a max deal
They do say that a dislocation is worse than a break because it has a tendency to keep happening, so it would be a little worrisome if his shoulder is going to keep popping out of its socket. With that said...yeah, he's going to get the max.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
There isn't even much of a question about him being worth the max or not. He's already proven he can be a monster on a team where he can operate closer to the basket in the half court and be a top option. And if you want to just claim he was a stat stuffer that had little impact on wins, I'd point you to the Wolves record last year (40-42) compared to this year (16-66). Flip sucks ass but he that's too large of a discrepancy for what was essentially the same personnel to not credit Love for a lot of the difference.

And for this Cavs squad, you keep him at the max to solidify both your current trio as well as your future based around him and Kyrie. Love didn't have anything to prove these playoffs. He's still at minimum at top 5 PF and at max something much better than that. His stats are down this year and he's adjusting to the Bosh role but he was still productive and you won't really find any better 3rd options in the league.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They do say that a dislocation is worse than a break because it has a tendency to keep happening, so it would be a little worrisome if his shoulder is going to keep popping out of its socket. With that said...yeah, he's going to get the max.
That part is true, but shoulder dislocations aren't the same as lower body injuries when it comes to basketball. Your shoulders don't take the constant punishment like a knee or a foot would, and it's not like it will effect his speed or any part of his game for the rest of his career

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
And if you want to just claim he was a stat stuffer that had little impact on wins, I'd point you to the Wolves record last year (40-42) compared to this year (16-66). Flip sucks ass but he that's too large of a discrepancy for what was essentially the same personnel to not credit Love for a lot of the difference.
No doubt Love is a huge part of that win disparity, but you can't argue with a straight face that you had essentially the same personnel this year considering all the injuries the starters suffered and resultant games missed. You guys were starting a couple 19 year olds for much of the season.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
No doubt Love is a huge part of that win disparity, but you can't argue with a straight face that you had essentially the same personnel this year considering all the injuries the starters suffered and resultant games missed. You guys were starting a couple 19 year olds for much of the season.
Conceded. Injures played a big part.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cavs have a small window. Sucks for them. Lebron just gonna have to step it up a level, he's one the few that actually can.

I just want to see what pick my sixers are in a few weeks. Plus laugh at laker fans if they get unlucky and draw 6th

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Billy Donovan to OKC, according to multiple NBA guys. I think it will be good, as long as he hires someone to run the offense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Billy Donovan to OKC, according to multiple NBA guys. I think it will be good, as long as he hires someone to run the offense.
Really weird hire for me unless he's Durant's guy or something. It's not that I don't think he can't succeed its just that team is prime for a more seasoned coach that can just implement some scheme to the offense.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Or Atkinson from the Hawks. I also said above I think Mike Malone is a good coach, but maybe you guys are right.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I think I have a bias against Mike Malone because I don't remember his dad too fondly when he was the Raptors coach.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Who would they try to get?
NY-BZ843_SPRTS__DV_20121109222732.jpg

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Kevin Love undergoes surgery and is out for 4 - 6 months.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/04/kevin_love_undergoes_surgery_o.html#incart_story_p ackage

Hopefully that link worked. It's a pain in the ass trying to copy and paste from my phone.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, really looking forward to that. The way they shut down Aldridge (well, the whole team but especially him) was pretty amazing.
This is a matchup I've been really looking forward to as well. I'm really interested to see how Draymond does on Randolph. Bogut/Gasol is a fun one too, but I'm just intrigued to see how Green does. He's probably the best team defender in the NBA, I'm excited to watch him against a real post scorer.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is a matchup I've been really looking forward to as well. I'm really interested to see how Draymond does on Randolph. Bogut/Gasol is a fun one too, but I'm just intrigued to see how Green does. He's probably the best team defender in the NBA, I'm excited to watch him against a real post scorer.
And don't forget, that's a MSU - MSU matchup in Green - Randolph! Green did a good job guarding Blake in last year's playoffs which was the point you could see that he was starting PF material. If he could D up legit PF's, everything else he brought would say he can be a "stretch 4." Randolph is another beast though... I mean, he can give anybody issues, let alone a smaller guy like Green. I'm hoping that overall Randolph has a tougher time D'ing up the Warriors than they do D'ing up him. Put him in a pick and roll and somebody is going to get a good shot.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
The more entertaining thing to me is whether Memphis can keep ZBo and Gasol on the floor together. ZBo pretty much HAS to give Draymond a hard time or he'll have to play sixth man, because there's no way he can spend the whole series drifting out to cover Draymond spotting up on the wing on defense. I honestly can't really see how Memphis is competitive in this series with Conley less than 100%, if he plays at all, and I like Memphis. Beno guarding Klay or Steph with Zbo trying to chase Draymond around is gonna be unmanageable, and if they go small they aren't gonna be able to score unless Jeff Green suddenly morphs into a good basketball player.