NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it matters who wins today. I think that this is going to be the Warriors year. But I'd much rather have played the Clippers in the Finals than Houston or the Warriors.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Would love to see a Clippers / Bulls game
wink.png

Szlia

I don't like these 'let's eat the clock' possessions. It's just an invitation to stops and fast breaks making the lead shrink, while just playing would keep it or even extend it.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Well I'll give it to the Clippers. Unlike the Bulls, they never actually gave up. They just couldn't compete.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
What a choke job. Point differentials for every other team in history to be down 3-1 and come back.

CFPZsyDWEAA8ahg.jpg

Rockets are -1 for the playoffs even now.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Redick was absolutely horrible these last few games. Every time the Clippers started to get rolling, Ariza or Brewer would hit a 3. There were just no role players stepping up for the Clippers at all.

So the only chance Houston has is if Howard goes beast mode, right? Harden can't go shot for shot with Curry and Thompson, so unless Howard can dominate the lanes on both ends of the court, I don't see how they beat Golden State even if Josh Smith and Brewer stay on this roll they have going.

I don't even know who I'm rooting for at this point...I think I'm okay with any team except Cleveland winning, but I'm not really rooting for anyone. I have a Rockets' Drexler jersey and a "We Are The Warriors" tshirt from when I went to a game in Oracle a couple years ago...so I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon if either of those teams are playing the Cavs in the Finals.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Perhaps the Rockets have a chance at winning if they do the Kobe defense.
Kobe defense? It was consensual, your Honor. She just objected to the anal.

I have been a Rockets since 1991 but even I think it's a 20-1 shot for them to win this series.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the Warriors are walking to a ring at this point. There's no way either team from the East can keep up with them in a 7 game series.

Probably the weakest final 4 in recent memory. Anyone else agree?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Can't agree with weak either. This was one of the best seasons I've seen since becoming a basketball fan with so much top end talent spread around. The MVP race came down to the wire. There were 6 players that had legit MVP level seasons this year and 5 of them made the playoffs (Westbrook just missing). Right now we have 3 of those players still alive and a 4th team that plays the closest thing to Spurs ball since the Spurs.

I would like to see Atlanta/Golden State. They were similar regular season teams with both being great on offense and defense. They're strengths are at different places obviously (Steph/Clay vs Horford/Milsap). Hawks didn't exactly dominate the Nets or the Wizards, but they also weren't really going to lose either series (Paul Pierce be damned).

This is probably the Warriors year. The league will probably favor the Cavs in the eastern finals. I just think Atlanta is a more fun matchup from a basketball standpoint. Certainly less star power if that's what happens though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think the Warriors are walking to a ring at this point. There's no way either team from the East can keep up with them in a 7 game series.

Probably the weakest final 4 in recent memory. Anyone else agree?
Not sure I can agree with that.

Warriors are everything that's right in the world, while the Cavs are basketball ISIS. Hawks are a 60 win team with no superstar and the Rockets would be likable if it weren't for Dwight