NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well...Bennettshouldn'thave gone #1.

Now it's all on Flip. I think he'll take Okafor. I hope he takes Towns.
Yeah, it should be Towns but all the rumors have said that Flip has a hard-on for Okafor. Sigh..

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Fucking missed free throws. It is so retarded that paid millionaire professionals can not hit free throws better than a 50% clip.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!

lqr2b.gif

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That was some Delladova type of shit right there.

Seriously though...they're setting the precedent that it's fine to grab and hold your opponent to impede their progress when you're both on the ground without any repercussions. That one wasn't as bad, but Delladova should have been given a technical when they reviewed it...the officials ignoring the hold during review was bad enough, but the league not coming down on him afterwards (and then this) is basically saying this is allowed.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Best part of that clip is watching Curry float behind the entire Rockets D unnoticed. J Smoove daydreaming like he's out in left field.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I see Okafor in your future
I think this is who Flip prefers as well. I said that already, but do you think he wants to play in MN? I'm asking if you think a player openly stating he doesn't want to come here should have any impact on drafting him or not. It obviously shouldn't.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it could be a red flag on a player and a sign of drama to come. But if he's their top guy, they need to take him.

I'd also add that if they are 50/50 on either guy, that would probably tip the scale. Really depends on how far apart they see them and how his people work with the wolves in the next month.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I understand your point. Flip might use that as a reson to prefer Okafor to Towns, but no one with any sort of intelligence should come to that same conclusion.

The rookie first round deal promises the player for a minimum of 5 years. And historically teams retain those rookies for at least their first contract after since at this point 23 year olds are more concerned with their financial future than anything else. There are little to no exceptions of this.

You're talking about essentially locking a player up for 7+ years. Even under the disaster scenario of a player taking his 5th year rookie deal qualifying offer and leaving after, it's still not a concern, as good players are rookie contracts are the most valuable thing in the entire league.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know people want to talk about the playoffs.. But for those of us who are looking forward to the draft. The sixers have 4 potential 1st round picks next year and like 5 2nd rounders this year. I wonder how much it would take for them to trade up and grab another pick this year? Somewhere between 4-8. I'm really liking Super Mario and I think he'd probably complete our starting 5.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't trade future first rounders unless you're sending them to LA or MIN to move from #3 to #1 or #2. And that's only if you REALLY feel like one of those guys are an Anthony Davis type. With the two big guys Philly has, I'd stick with #3 and take whichever guard you think is best. You never know which of those future picks will become more valuable when a season injury happens.