NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow, I have a new found respect for Peyton.

It might have been funnier coming from someone else. The idea that Durant got carried to a title coming from a guy who's career ending ring he actually got carried by Denver's D...yeah. Durant should have asked Peyton if he won MVP too that year.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It might have been funnier coming from someone else. The idea that Durant got carried to a title coming from a guy who's career ending ring he actually got carried by Denver's D...yeah. Durant should have asked Peyton if he won MVP too that year.

Nah, it was perfect coming from Peyton.

Nobody actually thinks Durant was "carried" seeing as how he's the best player on the team. Their 2 situations are completely different

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Peyton also thanked Von Miller during his monologue for carrying him to his 2nd championship.

God you suck Merrith.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
LeBron will never go to Houston. He will be in a Laker uniform.
I couldn't bring myself to say "never" but I do agree it is highly unlikely that LBJ will be a Rocket. The Lakers make way more sense and I think LBJ would love to be the guy that brings the Lakers back to prominence.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I think playing with his banana boat friends is more important to him than bringing the Lakers back to relevance. He won Cleveland a title, his legacy shit is all done. All he wants to do now is play with friends and contend for titles. If Melo goes to Houston, I'd almost guarantee LeBron goes next year too. CP3, Melo and LeBron on the same team is 3 of the 4, only missing Wade.

It'd be rad to see him decimate the West anyway.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Melo is a shell of his former self. All these 35+ year olds trying to pull a Spurs?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
32, 32, and 33. So they probably have a few years left.

That said, Carmelo doesn't seem worth the add. His shooting percentages would probably go up but he's still a poor defender and not used to playing without high usage. Seems like it'd be a bad experiment for the Rockets unless they feel it really increases their chances of getting LBJ.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Melo would be the 3rd option this season and 4th option if they signed LBJ. I'd say he is a decent 4th option. Harden and Melo don't play D, but LBJ and CP3 are crazy good defenders. Who knows.