NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Weird. Obviously LBJ is going to be the focal point of any team he's on, but it's not like Kyrie was forgotten. Does he have Westbrook syndrome? Because I'm not sure a team where he's the best player would be any good unless it went deep.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
More like he sees the writing on the wall and doesn't want to be stuck in Cleveland next year without Lebron.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Imagine an NBA where somehow Kyrie and Lebron both end up in the West. Good grief, the NBA has to do something about this shit.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
ESPN Sources: On Kyrie Irving front, Cavs were given four preferred landing spots: New York, Miami, San Antonio, Minnesota.

Dunno how the Spurs would get him or why anyone would want to play for the Knicks. Plz stay in the East.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Can Minnesota trade Teague who they just signed? Or do they still have a rule that you have t o keep signings on the roster until January?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Can Minnesota trade Teague who they just signed? Or do they still have a rule that you have t o keep signings on the roster until January?
Pretty sure they'd have to wait. Doubt Teague moves the needle for the Cavs. Wiggins back to the Cavs? haha

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Pretty sure they'd have to wait. Doubt Teague moves the needle for the Cavs. Wiggins back to the Cavs? haha

I would keep wiggins over irving...maybe.

I dont know what they could offer.

Dieng, Tyus Jones, Patton and 2 firsts? I doubt you can find many better packages. At least in the contenders that would make a push for Kyrie. And I doubt he wants to go to a loser.

If im the Cavs, at this point your choices are trade Kyrie and watch lebron leave, or just trade Lebron.

Send him to the lakers now for a package built around Ingram.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
He did say he'd go to the Knicks so...

No way Cavs trade him for peanuts imo, he's under contract for 3 more years at a reasonable rate?

Maybe trade him to the Celtics for IT/Tatum or IT/draft picks?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Send him to the lakers now for a package built around Ingram.

I'd do that if I were the Lakers but do the Cavs? As a Lakers fan I really don't want to see an aging Lebron on this team but if they managed to clear Deng's contract they'd be able to add another superstar next summer easily if they already had Lebron on the team. Feel like Lebron would have to get an extension for the Lakers to agree to this, dunno.

I have a hard time seeing Dan Gilbert trading Lebron before next summer, but we'll see.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'd do that if I were the Lakers but do the Cavs? As a Lakers fan I really don't want to see an aging Lebron on this team but if they managed to clear Deng's contract they'd be able to add another superstar next summer easily if they already had Lebron on the team. Feel like Lebron would have to get an extension for the Lakers to agree to this, dunno.

I have a hard time seeing Dan Gilbert trading Lebron before next summer, but we'll see.

Dan Gilbert is the only guy I can ever see doing it. There is NO way Lebron returns without Kyrie there. I cant imagine that ego maniac Gilbert would ever let Lebron walk away and cripple the franchise again. At least if Kyrie were there he would have that to fall on, but no way he takes the beating of Letting lebron ruin him twice. I could see a 25 percent chance he just says "Fuck it, We have to pick a side and Lebron has to go to keep our team alive"

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Also, he doesn't have a no trade clause and yeah 3 years left on his contract. Doesn't really matter where he wants to go.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's so weird seeing the Timberwolves as one of the places he wants to go. They can have Wiggins back. Signing Teague sort of ruined any chance of a possible trade happening though. It's for the best. It is curious though because he wouldn't be the focal point in either San Antonio or Minnesota.

Last edited:

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
No way Cavs trade him for peanuts imo, he's under contract for 3 more years at a reasonable rate?

Maybe trade him to the Celtics for IT/Tatum or IT/draft picks?

I don't think the Celtics do that. Kyrie is a bit better but IT just had a superb season and Kyrie is not a prototypical PG. He hasn't shown that he can make the players around him better. Don't see the Celtics giving up a valuable asset for a marginal upgrade.