NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There was a Beal superstar narrative?

At least an expectation. I get that he is still young, but the guy has been in the league for 5-6 years now?

I always felt the talent on that team has been pretty overrated, but every year so called "experts" choose them as at least a threat.

Sterling

El Presidente
Kawhi missing so much time just sucks. Spurs still going to win a million games but they're not the same without him at full speed.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Kawhi was my pick for MVP. Sucks he's out for so much of this year.

Love just about everything about Embiid. This league will be much better off if he can stay on the court for a long-time.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking Wizards. Pieces of shit not helping the Mavs' get a Top 4 pick!

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LBJ going to the west next year will be interesting. Gonna suck when he's paired up with Klay Thompson in LA.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
If he wanted to collect some more gimme titles, Houston would be the obvious place for me. Harden, Paul, and Lebron would be insane.

Kawhi & LeBron would be insane also.

The only real negative about LBJ just seems to be revolving drama. If something isn't going his way, the locker room really shows it. Definitely some lack of leadership. Obviously, you take it 100 out of 100 times with his talent, but yeah.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Kawhi wants out of SA. I think LBJ and CP3 take a little less money to play together. Dunno if that's enough to beat the warriors though.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why would he want to leave the best system in the NBA? What a fucking idiot.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is what happens when you lose games in the NBA. Remember a dude named David Blatt? I do. He was fired mid season after "drama in the locker room" and LeBron being LeBron.

Ty Lue comes in with zero coaching experience and the Cavs beat the 73-9 Warriors that year.

When the losses add up the media creates a turmoil narrative and viewers eat it up. The Cavs can enter the playoffs as a 4 seed and still make it to the Conference Finals. LeBron is definitely gone after this season and I don't blame him. He already defied the most monumental odds and brought Cleveland a chip and denied the best team ever, he doesn't owe Cleveland shit.

He will still win MVP this year too on his way out, Harden won't because Paul has been amazing on the same team, Westbrook just got his and Curry is no where near LeBrons level.

Just imagine Steph Curry on the Cavs and how bad that team would be with no LeBron. I honestly think Giannis is a better all around prospect and player than Curry.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They're just completely different styles. Curry elevates the play of others around him because he commands so much gravity. Defenders start going towards him at half court fucking up the entire defense. There are so many open shooters when Curry is on the court.

I'm surprised Paul didn't make the ASG. But I guess there a lot of really good guards in the West.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just like Giannis, obviously he doesnt have the ridiculous range Steph does, but no one does. He shoots well enough, but at this point in his career he doesnt really need a jump shot to be brutally honest. When you can cover 3 quarters of the court in 5 strides and a couple dribbles and can jump out of the gym, why take the lower percentage field goal? He can basically strike from anywhere in the area, off any set, in almost any situation, versus any defender. There is no other player like it,sans LeBron, who does it with savvy experience and technical ability along with the freakish athletic ability and explosiveness like Antentokuompo.

He plays a bit of defense as well, as he learns how to distribute his energy on the defense end and still be able to score late in the game. He is getting blocks and steals, and last year lead the team in points rebounds and assists. Thats fucking stupid. He is also what, 22? He has 6+ years to develop any kind of shot, and he already is competent at the foul line so its not even really a liability.

As a GM if you had 3 guys to start a franchise with right now this second, you have to pick Giannis without a doubt. 2 and 3 are debatable,as LeBron is 33 and his window is closing, so I would probably say Anthony Davis at 2 and 3 could be anyone from Harden/Curry, to LeBron, to a healthy Kawhi, to Westbrook, or maybe even Porzingis with another 15 lbs on his body. Either way, The Greak Freak is on the rise and will be the face of the league if he continues to develop at the rate he is. He was leading every player in the league in All Star votes at one point and will probably make All NBA 2nd team at 22.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is what happens when you lose games in the NBA. Remember a dude named David Blatt? I do. He was fired mid season after "drama in the locker room" and LeBron being LeBron.

Ty Lue comes in with zero coaching experience and the Cavs beat the 73-9 Warriors that year.

When the losses add up the media creates a turmoil narrative and viewers eat it up. The Cavs can enter the playoffs as a 4 seed and still make it to the Conference Finals. LeBron is definitely gone after this season and I don't blame him. He already defied the most monumental odds and brought Cleveland a chip and denied the best team ever, he doesn't owe Cleveland shit.

He will still win MVP this year too on his way out, Harden won't because Paul has been amazing on the same team, Westbrook just got his and Curry is no where near LeBrons level.

Just imagine Steph Curry on the Cavs and how bad that team would be with no LeBron. I honestly think Giannis is a better all around prospect and player than Curry.

You're comparing too many styles of play. Forget ages. I would take Curry over both Lebron and Giannis. Curry opens up the floor everyone else. WIDE open. You MUST go out to him on the perimeter or he kills you. Lebron and Giannis, you can sag off a bit because their games don't dictate it. You must double team, but can potentially get back to your man in time if not enough passes are made.

Lebron would be stupid to stay in Cleveland. YOU CAN'T FIX THEIR DEFENSE. Isiah plays shit defense, AND he's 5'8". You can't fix that big a hole. He won't fight thru screens. Won't get up on his man. He gets posted up on time and time again. You can't fix that. At the end of the day your offense pretty much needs to carry you. That only gets you so far, and Lebron knows it.

Cleveland. They need to give up that top 10 pick. At this point it's a 9th or 10th pick? WTF you going to get with that? Bench guy even when Lebron leaves? Look out west for a trade partner. The same way that Boston handled Isiah's deficiencies...(take his ass out when defense was needed) you look for the same thing. I just don't know anyone on the west coast as far as players go. So wheoever fits the bill and is available.