NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just like Giannis, obviously he doesnt have the ridiculous range Steph does, but no one does. He shoots well enough, but at this point in his career he doesnt really need a jump shot to be brutally honest. When you can cover 3 quarters of the court in 5 strides and a couple dribbles and can jump out of the gym, why take the lower percentage field goal? He can basically strike from anywhere in the area, off any set, in almost any situation, versus any defender. There is no other player like it,sans LeBron, who does it with savvy experience and technical ability along with the freakish athletic ability and explosiveness like Antentokuompo.

He plays a bit of defense as well, as he learns how to distribute his energy on the defense end and still be able to score late in the game. He is getting blocks and steals, and last year lead the team in points rebounds and assists. Thats fucking stupid. He is also what, 22? He has 6+ years to develop any kind of shot, and he already is competent at the foul line so its not even really a liability.

As a GM if you had 3 guys to start a franchise with right now this second, you have to pick Giannis without a doubt. 2 and 3 are debatable,as LeBron is 33 and his window is closing, so I would probably say Anthony Davis at 2 and 3 could be anyone from Harden/Curry, to LeBron, to a healthy Kawhi, to Westbrook, or maybe even Porzingis with another 15 lbs on his body. Either way, The Greak Freak is on the rise and will be the face of the league if he continues to develop at the rate he is. He was leading every player in the league in All Star votes at one point and will probably make All NBA 2nd team at 22.
KAT.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That sounds like way too many bigs and not enough shooters for today's game.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Huh? Shooters can develop a shot, a 6'4 guy cant develop his height.

Guys like The Brow, KAT, Giannis etc are more valuable to a franchise than a volume shooting guard. I mean fuck, I would even add Embiid and Simmons into this conversation as far as guys you would build a team around, rather than say, a Klay Thompson or Kyrie Irving etc.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I bet the whole Leonard-Spurs discord is overblown. Dude is having a frustrating year, sure. He isn't going anywhere. He is a threat to the throne when healthy, sadly he just doesn't have the talent around him.

And I'd take Embiid hands down long-term if, IF, I could know he'd play a full ten years. He is that gifted. Giannis, KAT etc would be on he short list of other guys I'd take if I had to start a franchise today. I could see Simmons playing his way there eventually.

To weigh in on the Curry thing, Curry is a phenomenal player, but I firmly believe LeBron, Leonard, and Durant are hands down better players. Curry certainly makes his team better, but I definitely don't think he's as important as Lebron or Leonard is to their respective teams. I don't think the gap is large, but yeah. It's hard to measure that with four Top 25 players on your team.

Sterling

El Presidente
I bet the whole Leonard-Spurs discord is overblown. Dude is having a frustrating year, sure. He isn't going anywhere. He is a threat to the throne when healthy, sadly he just doesn't have the talent around him.

And I'd take Embiid hands down long-term if, IF, I could know he'd play a full ten years. He is that gifted. Giannis, KAT etc would be on he short list of other guys I'd take if I had to start a franchise today. I could see Simmons playing his way there eventually.

To weigh in on the Curry thing, Curry is a phenomenal player, but I firmly believe LeBron, Leonard, and Durant are hands down better players. Curry certainly makes his team better, but I definitely don't think he's as important as Lebron or Leonard is to their respective teams. I don't think the gap is large, but yeah. It's hard to measure that with four Top 25 players on your team.
Spurs on pace to win 52 games in the West with Kawhi having only played in like 9 games. That's what the Spurs do. They haven't had less than 50 wins in a season since 96/97 and that was pre Duncan with Robinson being injured. Technically that isn't true they went 37-13 in the shortened 1998-99 season that they won the title during.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

It's hard to pick between Curry or Green for the most important player on the Warriors. But it's definitely one of those two.

If Kawhi gets healthy the Spurs are an immediate threat to the Warriors. Spurs and Rockets are the only teams that worry me. Of course the Cavs will turn it around and dominate come playoff time and lose like two games on the way to the Finals.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's hard to pick between Curry or Green for the most important player on the Warriors. But it's definitely one of those two.

If Kawhi gets healthy the Spurs are an immediate threat to the Warriors. Spurs and Rockets are the only teams that worry me. Of course the Cavs will turn it around and dominate come playoff time and lose like two games on the way to the Finals.

Over/Under: Cavs lose 5.5 games throughout the entire playoffs.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Over/Under: Cavs lose 5.5 games throughout the entire playoffs.

Gonna take the over this year. Legit think this team could lose to Boston, or at least lose a game or two to Boston, a straggler in the early rounds, and then the 4 to the Western representative.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lebron gets injured and Kevin Love carries them to the championship with playoff averages of 42 PPG, 23 RPG and 10 APG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Golden missed opportunity. My friends said they should have televised the draft. Nope. Need to go one step further. Someone always drop out due to injury right? Sooo...

Pick the teams minutes before the game! Old school pick up basketball at the yard. My god that is world' better. Imagine the guy getting picked last! If they want to avoid putting too much pressure on the current captains then name Legends Captains.

This year is LA right? Bird and Magic are your Legends Captains then. Or Russell and Kareem. Whatever. Point is the selection would be must see TV.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Golden missed opportunity. My friends said they should have televised the draft. Nope. Need to go one step further. Someone always drop out due to injury right? Sooo...

Pick the teams minutes before the game! Old school pick up basketball at the yard. My god that is world' better. Imagine the guy getting picked last! If they want to avoid putting too much pressure on the current captains then name Legends Captains.

This year is LA right? Bird and Magic are your Legends Captains then. Or Russell and Kareem. Whatever. Point is the selection would be must see TV.

The legends captains would be great. Don't go back to the 70's. No one gives a fuck. I would NOT do the picks minutes before the game. NBA is full of whiners and crybabies.

I do like that they mixed up the east and west players per team.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The whining is exactly why lol. Russ thought he got picked last because his name was last on the list. Then he goes out and drops 46 last night. Then he was told hey bro, the list was alphabetical.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I thought Westbrook would be picked last. He's a ballhog in all star games, why would anybody want to play with him? But another list i saw that wasn't alpha made it look like Lebron may have picked him first after the starters, where Steph's first two picks listed after starters were Klay and Draymond, Lebron's first two picks looked like KD and Brow, Steph's first was Greek freak, all made sense.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
They had to pick starters first. Also would be interesting to see where Love and Kyrie went since LeBron picked both considering their issues. Seriously, how isn't this riveting television? I also want a wildcard pick. Captain picks anyone they want.