NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's pretty amazing how quickly that game changed. Just turbo boost and see you fuckers later.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
This Jazz season has reduced my NBA salt levels by 60%. For some reason I love Joe Ingles.

I was rooting for Lillard since he's a Utah (Weber State) guy but the Pelicans look great. Davis has been the best player of the playoffs so far I think.

I'm just happy to see us getting this far again. I kinda gave up hope watching after Jordan came out of retirement and kept Malone, Stockton, Horny etc from a championship back in '98 or w/e.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Russell Westbrook blows.

Also LeBron had a heavy hand in that shit hole team he plays for now. That clown needs to stay in his lane, play ball, and leave everything else to people who actually know what they're doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Donovan Mitchell is like a young Westbrook who can actually shoot spot up jumpers and plays within himself. Really exciting kid to watch - Billy Donovan is a fucking imbecile though; Russ came out last night as aggressive as I've ever seen him, and it cost them on the defensive end. When your star "PG" gets into early foul trouble guarding Ricky Rubio you know you're in for a long night. Hope they get bounced so the fucking idiots around here can finally see the truth - KD was ALWAYS the guy you want to build your team around, it wasn't Westbrook and never will be. Paul George was a top 5 player in the East, Steven Adams is a legitimately good big guy, Carmelo is shit and everyone knew he was shit but those first 3 guys should get you past Utah in round 1 at a minimum. These triple double stats Russ puts up every season are a meaningless farce, and Bill Simmons has been right this entire time.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Westbrook has been poor this series, which is unfortunate as he has become overly passive in the 4th quarter. Their entire offense late in the game just dissolves into a Paul George iso play, which either ends up in him nailing a difficult shot, or getting the ball back off of a give and go to get to the rim off a pick and roll. That or Carmelo throwing up bricks that are missing so badly its almost embarrassing. Westbrook seems to only thrive when his team has a lead, or if Adams is having a monster game and they are getting stops and he scores on a break or gets to the foul line.

Playoff basketball is different, I think most people understand this, and as the biggest Russel Westbrook fan out there, if the Jazz go on to win in 5 and Rubio/Mitchell continue to outplay him, his brand and perception as a clutch/big time player are going to take a massive hit and he will simply devolve into a regular season fantasy basketball hero who gets to the hall of fame through sheer will and numbers, not through championship success or post-season accolades.

Theoretically the Thunder should be a great team. Paul George is a top 3 defender in the NBA, generates the most ball deflections in the league, and is a pretty good scorer who can get buckets to take pressure off of Westbrook. But they are being beaten by Donovan Mitchell and two European dudes.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Donovan Mitchell is like a young Westbrook who can actually shoot spot up jumpers and plays within himself. Really exciting kid to watch - Billy Donovan is a fucking imbecile though; Russ came out last night as aggressive as I've ever seen him, and it cost them on the defensive end. When your star "PG" gets into early foul trouble guarding Ricky Rubio you know you're in for a long night. Hope they get bounced so the fucking idiots around here can finally see the truth - KD was ALWAYS the guy you want to build your team around, it wasn't Westbrook and never will be. Paul George was a top 5 player in the East, Steven Adams is a legitimately good big guy, Carmelo is shit and everyone knew he was shit but those first 3 guys should get you past Utah in round 1 at a minimum. These triple double stats Russ puts up every season are a meaningless farce, and Bill Simmons has been right this entire time.

Most people outside of Jozu types saw this years ago, Even execs knew KD was by far the better player. It's all about the money for the teams but it's all about winning for many players. KD wanted to win, Westbrook wants to expand his brand. OK fucked up. Picking Carmelo was nothing but hope for more asses in the seats. Guy hasn't been worth a shit since maybe his first year with the Knicks if not earlier. I'm sure some stat retard will try to disprove but it doesn't. He's a shit player. Same with Rose. Guy was good, then he got injured and was never the same. People keep talking about the talent and a few stats but anyone watching Rose knows he's an underachieving cancer everywhere he goes. Doesn't mean some exec trying to bring asses to seats won't give another under achieving talent massive money and fuck over that locker room. Only a few teams really put winning first and money/personal brand next.

Jozu

But measuring every single player by the amount of championship success they had is flawed IMO, especially when that player is in the prime of his career and hasnt even finished playing. When Durant was there they had Golden State on the fucking ropes up 3-1 and they still went on to lose that series, which lead to Durant switching sides. Was that lost series all on Russ' shoulders? And if you want to talk numbers, when he does record a triple double they win like 83 percent of their games or some shit so its like people are almost EXPECTING him to have one or he and that team can go fuck themselves. Its absurd.

Kobe Bryant holds some of the worse records in NBA history as far as shooting percentage, shots taken, shots missed, etc, yet everyone gives him a pass on his self important play and brand nursing because he has 5 titles.

But sometimes no matter what a player does he doesnt achieve ultimate success. OKC might be stupid for giving Westbrook money and trying to build around him, but he is ultra competetive and is fun to watch, which is why I like the guy to begin with. I like his style of play, but him winning a title? Its probably not going to happen in OKC.

• 1Cutler

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
PG13 has been the best OKC player in this series. It's not even close. I like Paul George. I hope he leaves and goes to a good team and gets some success. Same old Westbrook.

Rude

Potato del Grande
Russell Westbrook won't win a title anywhere unless he's signing with a contender past his prime and he's coming off the bench. The guy is all about himself and thinks he's much better than he is thanks to fantasy retards who don't actually pay attention to basketball. The dude had games where he was lobbing up to 60 shots when Durant was still around. I mean that alone says enough. But at least he's fun to watch during the regular season. Enjoy that stooge.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

I think you guys underrate Utah. Great defensive team, went something like 27-5 to finish the season, and had the third best point differential in the West (fifth in the league). Just because they don't have the big brand names doesn't mean they aren't damn good.

Rudy Gobert is probably DPOY and Mitchell will be a borderline all Star next year. I felt they were the third best team in the West, personally, and expected the thunder to lose.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Russell Westbrook won't win a title anywhere unless he's signing with a contender past his prime and he's coming off the bench. The guy is all about himself and thinks he's much better than he is thanks to fantasy retards who don't actually pay attention to basketball. The dude had games where he was lobbing up to 60 shots when Durant was still around. I mean that alone says enough. But at least he's fun to watch during the regular season. Enjoy that stooge.

He never got anywhere close to sixty shots. I mean, come on. List of most FGA in history didn't have any of his teams with Durant in the top 100, so he never shot more than 35 with him and maybe less.

But yes, he shot too much in general.

DickTrickle

This Meek Mill support from various NBA people is dumb as shit. The stupid fuck has violated his parole so many times and has done plenty of stupid shit to make it clear he isn't some innocent being persecuted. What, just because he's some rapper he should be allowed more leeway? Hope he does more stupid shit and goes back to jail.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think you guys underrate Utah. Great defensive team, went something like 27-5 to finish the season, and had the third best point differential in the West (fifth in the league). Just because they don't have the big brand names doesn't mean they aren't damn good.

Rudy Gobert is probably DPOY and Mitchell will be a borderline all Star next year. I felt they were the third best team in the West, personally, and expected the thunder to lose.

I admit to underrating them most of the year. I just couldn't get past them losing Hayward. I caught on near the end of the year and expected them to beat the Thunder. PG is great but the other parts just don't mesh. Utah plays great team ball and they don't have the drama of SA this year. Fun team to watch.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Fuck outta here with all you LeBron hating faggots. Suck my dick from the BACK!

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Side note though - this roster is playing as bad or worse than the 07 team did. Even if they end up winning this they're doomed. It's LeBron hero ball every single night.