NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Side note though - this roster is playing as bad or worse than the 07 team did. Even if they end up winning this they're doomed. It's LeBron hero ball every single night.

Just a note - Lebron basically orchestrated this entire roster.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Just a note - Lebron basically orchestrated this entire roster.

David Griffin already said that is false. This year LBJ has had nothing to do with it all as Gilbert didn't renew Griffin because of his relationship with LeBron.

Unless you think LBJ wanted the PG13 trade fucked up and then wanted to ship Kyrie to Boston for nothing.

Not to mention you think a 33 year old LBJ in the last year of his contract sits on the Brooklyn pick?

It's doesn't bother me the Cavs as a franchise don't deserve LeBron so this all works for me. I fucking hate Dan Gilbert.

Best part about being LeBron every two years he can go wherever the fuck he wants.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
David Griffin already said that is false. This year LBJ has had nothing to do with it all as Gilbert didn't renew Griffin because of his relationship with LeBron.

Unless you think LBJ wanted the PG13 trade fucked up and then wanted to ship Kyrie to Boston for nothing.

Not to mention you think a 33 year old LBJ in the last year of his contract sits on the Brooklyn pick?

It's doesn't bother me the Cavs as a franchise don't deserve LeBron so this all works for me. I fucking hate Dan Gilbert.

Best part about being LeBron every two years he can go wherever the fuck he wants.

If you think LBJ didn't have complete control over all of that you are a fool.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I knew Russ wouldnt let me down. No way he was gonna go out like a punk. What he did in the 3rd quarter will be the stuff of legend even if they lose the series.

There is a reason why Michael Jordan made this kid the face of his brand.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I knew Russ wouldnt let me down. No way he was gonna go out like a punk. What he did in the 3rd quarter will be the stuff of legend even if they lose the series.

There is a reason why Michael Jordan made this kid the face of his brand.

Relax geek, PG sparked that comeback - Rusty was amazing, but that all started with PG on defense and hitting some huge shots.

That's the problem with Russ, and always has been - if things are going great, he can look like a mini LBJ; when the team around him is playing like shit (like the past 3 games) he plays like a retard. A talented retard is still a retard

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you think LBJ didn't have complete control over all of that you are a fool.

I think this belief that LeBron controls everything is just pure speculation.

No way they keep the nets pick for the future if it was all under LeBron's control.

It makes way more sense for the Cavs management to keep that as a hedge against his leaving, so they have some talent coming in.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If Lebron signed a long term deal with the Cavs they'd do anything he wanted so in that sense it's still up to him.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think this belief that LeBron controls everything is just pure speculation.

No way they keep the nets pick for the future if it was all under LeBron's control.

It makes way more sense for the Cavs management to keep that as a hedge against his leaving, so they have some talent coming in.

They are holding the pick to entice him to stay. He has had a say in all personnel decisions since arriving there. It is part of his requirements. It is well known and not even up for debate.

• 1Cutler

DickTrickle

They are holding the pick to entice him to stay. He has had a say in all personnel decisions since arriving there. It is part of his requirements. It is well known and not even up for debate.

Having a say isn't the same as full control. Lots of stars have a say. Why would a high pick make LeBron happy when he supposedly wasn't keen to wait on Wiggins' development? If anything, at his age, he's more in win now mode.

No, the Cavs are hedging their bets.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
A fun retard to watch though no?

Oh, the funnest - I live in OKC, he's a deity around here which is why it's fun picking on him. He played within himself last night, and PG showed up - it was a crazy confluence of events that propelled them to that win (and OKC's defense was lights out the last 10 minutes of that game). That's the Russ conundrum though, he's capable of LBJ'ing efficiently but that doesn't always happen

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
The thing is, nothing they could have traded the pick for mid season would have made Lebron want to stay. They could have traded for a player that might have helped a little, but likely not enough to move the needle on their title odds this year. Small chance for them to win the title either way.

Keeping the pick gives them a small chance to have a piece that could give them significant leverage. It ended up being a smaller chance than they would have liked, but you couldn't have known. The Nets ended up 8th worst, but before the trade deadline it was feasible they could have ended up bottom 5 or 6. So it ends up being a 10% chance of landing top 3, but anywhere in there would give them some significant leverage in keeping Lebron. Lebron might want one of the players, maybe he'd want it dealt like Wiggins. Either way they add a significant piece that might convince him to stay. The Spurs would likely consider dealing Kawhi for a top 3 pick + contracts for example. Maybe OKC would agree to a S&T if PG wanted to leave. etc. The pick that got the Cavs Kyrie was actually the Clippers pick that was in the 8th slot too, had a 2% chance of landing #1. So if it happens again, maybe Dan Gilbert has something on the league, but it could happen.

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Having a say isn't the same as full control. Lots of stars have a say. Why would a high pick make LeBron happy when he supposedly wasn't keen to wait on Wiggins' development? If anything, at his age, he's more in win now mode.

No, the Cavs are hedging their bets.

Lebron has okayed all personnel decisions related to who is on the roster since he got there.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Oh, the funnest - I live in OKC, he's a deity around here which is why it's fun picking on him. He played within himself last night, and PG showed up - it was a crazy confluence of events that propelled them to that win (and OKC's defense was lights out the last 10 minutes of that game). That's the Russ conundrum though, he's capable of LBJ'ing efficiently but that doesn't always happen

He played within himself and is capable of LBJ efficiently, all the while he had 17 field goals made on 39 attempted. And, the two games where he shot the 25 and 39 FG, they won. The games where he shot 17, 18, 19 FGs they lost

I think the difference in your analysis of him is whether he won or lost, not how he played.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Regardless of the say that Lebron may or may not have had he pushed Kyrie out which in turn led to the IT fiasco and our current terrible roster. He is to blame.

Cavs close it out tonight.