NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Curious to see if LBJ gets to the finals again so KD can show him how its done once more.

If he is even good enough to be the Pacers.

• 1Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think CLE will beat IND tomorrow, but I doubt they'll beat the Raptors - even Playoff Raptors who always look like shit.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
OKC has a big three, but Melo is nowhere near being a part of it. It's Russ, PG, and Adams. I don't think Melo is even 4th. Dude is fucking dogshit and has been criminally overrated since Syracuse. One of the biggest ongoing mysteries to me is just how overrated that fucking greedy, dogshit, lockerroom cancer of a player has consistently been.

Now he's saying he refuses to ever come off the bench? After the shitshow performance he just put up against Utah? Even D-Wade comes off the bench and he's a fucking billion times better than Melo both now and historically.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Put yourself in his position. In his early years he carved out a reputation as an elite scorer during a time when the NBA was a more traditional league. He could post up, was a decent rebounder and could stretch the floor.

He averaged roughly 26 points per game through his first 7 seasons, and averaged a career high of 28.7 ppg in his 3rd season in New York.

He always had this scoring currency, where people would constantly point out how good on the block he was, or how he gets buckets.

Fast forward to 2018 and the league has passed him by. It doesn't matter if he can post up or score 20 points a game, he is a terrible defender, a ball stopping vortex who doesn't assist the ball well at all, and most of all, he is an awful 3pt shooter.

He has been overpaid and overvalued for his entire career, and now suddenly his true value has plummeted and he is in denial. He shot 24% from 3 in 2005...lmao, and a career 34% clip. That's like Lonzo Ball esque.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Two assists in the entire series by Carmelo, none in the last five. That speaks volumes.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
NBA refs can make some games very frustrating to watch. The tech they called on Collison was unreal.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Lol nice to see LeBron's help showed up today. Sigh. I hope he scores 60 and they lose.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I can't fucking believe that not only do I have to watch LeBron play a first round game 7 but I'm also so down on these Cavs that when KLove makes a couple 3s and they get a couple stops I'm like OMG THE CAVS ARE HERE TO PLAY.

My expectations are so low.

I mean the guy is like 28 and 3 or some shit against the Raptors and I'm thinking if by some miracle they win this game 7 the Dinos may sweep them.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Cavs squeek out a win. Lets see how they handle round 2.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Which team do you think you'll be rooting for next year?
Jokes on you, he doesn't ever root for a team. Just Lebron. Win or lose, as long as Lebron gets his stats, that is all that matters to Gaige.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Which team do you think you'll be rooting for next year?

I really have no idea what he will do tbh. I don't root for a NBA team anyway I just root for LeBron. I root for the Falcons though during NFL season!

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey id rather Russ shoot 49 shots than see Carmelo Anthony ever take another shot as a professional. He was pathetic the Jazz series. PG13 also a no show in an elimination game,missed a ton of open shots.

Obviously no one is going to praise Westbrooks shot selection, or volume or percentage, but for fucks sake if Anthony even shows up A LITTLE and maybe hit a couple tough shots during rough offensive lulls, the Thunder would have some type of alternative threat.

Westbrook needs to improve as a teammate and be more efficient, but he has the highest motor in the league, and plays with such ferocity a lot of his shooting woes can be forgiven.

They win when he stuffs the stat sheet, and he gets all the praise, so maybe it's fair to blame him for when they lose.

But George and Anthony left A LOT to be desired.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
George left a lot to be desired in one game. Going into that game he was the leading scorer for the Thunder in the series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
He played well the first 5 games and was bad the last 2. Westbrook is a cancer.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
OKC is a small-market team and an ownership group that doesn't seem to have the money/interest in going over the luxury tax. Regardless of whether you love or hate Westbrook's game, he will keep them relevant. He is entertaining, he fills the seats, and he'll probably get them some playoff revenue each year. Westbrook's game probably won't age well, but he's in his athletic prime and single-handedly guarantees the team won't bottom out. This ownership group doesn't care about championships; OKC and Westbrook are a perfect pair.

• 2Cutler
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
What the fuck do you think their salary cap situation has been like the last few years? They've been over for a couple years and they are the 3rd highest salary this year.

• 1Like