NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Toronto is a fine team with an outside chance of making the NBA finals. They're a good second-tier "contender" with a near-zero chance of winning it all. The top tier of NBA teams who have a legitimate chance to make the finals is probably five or six teams and most of them can be predicted at the beginning of the season.

Boston, 76ers, LeBrons are far better positioned for the future than Toronto. They can continue to make the playoffs and make a magical run through these teams into the Conference Finals or they can blow it up.

Scapegoating the coach isn't fair, but the GM has to blame someone to keep his job.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Celtics are already dead meat.

2a4c4i.jpg

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He coached 59 wins out of a team that doesn't have a top 20-25 player on it. The GM should be blamed for not getting them a superstar.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Celtics starting off real strong. Can't wait for the eventual Lebron comeback in the 4th

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
They're good at home.

I think Boston is fucking this up though, if they blow out the Cavs then LeBron (and maybe Kawhi) end up in Philly and Boston's window is totally closed plus no way they beat the Warriors this year.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Really don't understand why Cavs are so heavily favored. I think Boston has a legit chance to get swept by the Warriors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Probably because the Cavs just seem to get it done in the playoffs no matter what happens to them. Well until the finals that is...

And as much hate as he gets, because of Lebron. He wills his teams to victory in the playoffs

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Boston is fucking this up though, if they blow out the Cavs then LeBron (and maybe Kawhi) end up in Philly and Boston's window is totally closed plus no way they beat the Warriors this year.

You think Boston is going to make zero roster changes to make their team better? Please.

Cavs defense is looking like a joke. Getting schooled by simple passes. Toronto should have beaten this team.

• 1Cutler

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
It won't matter. It didn't matter in 2010 and it won't matter next year. If LeBron goes to Philly Celtics time is over.

I love when people say series after 1 game. They lost by like 38 to the Pacers and never lost again. It's the NBA, 4 games to win.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Celtics are going to be hard to stop with both Kyrie and Hayward back. They beat the Sixers with inferior talent but the best coach in the league(at this moment). When they have the talent and a better coach? They will be the next team getting beat on by the Warriors in 6ish lol.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You think Boston is going to make zero roster changes to make their team better? Please.

Cavs defense is looking like a joke. Getting schooled by simple passes. Toronto should have beaten this team.

Celtics are done as far as top tier talent goes. They will have 60 million tied up in Hayward and Horford. Kyrie will be 20m. Kyrie will be getting 30m+ after that...somewhere.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They're good at home.

Celtics are down their 2 best players and you think they should throw the series so they don't piss LeBron off? Lol.

Celtics constantly bitch slapping LeBron and the Cavs back in the day are what caused him to run away with his tail between his legs every few years in the first place

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
imo different era's means you really cannot compare them, however, in my opinion, the bulls from the early 90's would beat - all- the teams that lebron has been on they would beat the warriors too.

hell the lakers and celtics from the arly/mid 80's would too.

as for GOAT , again different era's= different playing styles

60's - Russell hands DOWN.
70's not sure
80's magic & bird the rivalry between the two was Awesome to watch esp in the finals :)
90's Jordan
2010's Lebron

one on one...that would be good- each player in his prime?

depends on the style of game they played. down low near the basket, Russell would destroy all the others...

mixed gameplay, imo , jordan first russell last(outside shot accuracy),,, and it depends on the style of games for the others- pure range shot, imo bird was better than the rest in that regard. you have to remember back when jordan bird and magic played, the 3 pointer was in its infancy...with how dominating it is in todays game play, bird would have been a 3 point maniac in todays game play style.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
One thing people always miss is how much better sports science is these days. Dudes are in way better shape than they were back then. Look at the pace some of these NBA offenses run these days. No way most players 20 years could keep up with that.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Bulls vs Warriors would be dependent on which era of rules. I don't think the Warriors could handle 90s era physical play and the Bulls cannot handle current spacing and athleticism.

I will say though I give the Warriors a slight overall advantage due to the 3. The Bulls and the triangle will be getting 2s while the Warriors will be spacing for 3s. The numbers don't lie.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
imo different era's means you really cannot compare them, however, in my opinion, the bulls from the early 90's would beat - all- the teams that lebron has been on they would beat the warriors too.

hell the lakers and celtics from the arly/mid 80's would too.

as for GOAT , again different era's= different playing styles

60's - Russell hands DOWN.
70's not sure
80's magic & bird the rivalry between the two was Awesome to watch esp in the finals :)
90's Jordan
2010's Lebron

one on one...that would be good- each player in his prime?

depends on the style of game they played. down low near the basket, Russell would destroy all the others...

mixed gameplay, imo , jordan first russell last(outside shot accuracy),,, and it depends on the style of games for the others- pure range shot, imo bird was better than the rest in that regard. you have to remember back when jordan bird and magic played, the 3 pointer was in its infancy...with how dominating it is in todays game play, bird would have been a 3 point maniac in todays game play style.

2000's: Kobe. (Shaq was great, but Kobe is the reason Shaq has 3 of the 4 titles.)

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users