NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, that Embiid eurostep on Lopez. Fuck, he is so fucking talented.

Watching him & Simmons play together is a blast.

edit -
Embiid tonight: 46 pts, 15 reb, 7 ast, 7 blk, 70% fg

Dream 2.0 best true center talent we have seen in YEARS.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's amazing to me how fast he's learning the game. He hardly passed the ball last year, now he's hitting cutters constantly and whipping no look passes out of the post to shooters. He's talented enough to be one of the best ever.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the foot injury is such a bummer for him. He's going to be that type of guy that has to sit 20 games every year and who knows how short it'll cut his career. He's great though. Super talented and a good personality for the younger generation.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, it sucks that anything said about him has to be prefaced by 'If he stays healthy'. The guy is already a national treasure on twitter.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
without espn constantly interviewing his father or tracking what sneakers he wears each night, Simmonds is quietly kicking some serious ass as a rookie

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I was really excited about Embiid coming out of college. He would be my pick for the one guy I could see as an All-Time Top 10 talent...if he stays healthy.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is LeBron going to actually have competition in the East? Glad we should have a good ECF.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Celtics defense is very legit. Warriors still missed a ton of shots they usually make and Curry was particularly bad (except for his D on Irving), but holding us to 88 points is mad impressive.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Celtics missed a ton of shots. Can't win a series shooting 32%. Good win but their offense was rough.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think the "poor" offense was more of a testament to the defense. Irving and Curry were shutting each other out. Not to mention these two squads, especially the Warriors love to let it fly, they don't exactly use the clock. Large volume of shots to make the % look even worse than it really is.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wonder why Kerr said the Celtics are the team of the future....

In what sense? I thought it is a 3 and D league, which the Warriors have mastered. They still have a 3 or 4 year window so it was a strange comment.

The Celts aren't a great shooting team, esp without Hayward. Maybe he meant ultra athletic core of young guys who play defense and can play smart, disciplined basketball?

The Warriors are the team of the present and future, I think Kerr was just trying to be gracious to Stevens.

Also, Jaylen Brown is going to be 1st team all defense this year.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
irving was having issues with the mask blocking his vision according to the sports news station i listen too, which is why he took it off 2nd half (and consequently did much better in the game).

it is going to be interesting to see the playoffs this year, this team most likely will make the conf championship, and will have a good shot at beating -most likely- cleveland, but if they make the finals- last night's game - provided the warriors were trying -the game did have the playoff atmosphere- shows that the celtics might be able to hang with them and have an actual good finals Series (unlike the last few)

• 1Picard

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think the thing with Boston is Brad Stevens is showing himself to absolutely be in the elite tier of coaches. I think we all pretty much knew that already but this is a statement year for it for sure. He's got 6 new guys producing in his rotation and 3 of them are rookies. That sort of thing is unreal for the NBA.

On pure talent I think the Cavs, Wizards and Bucks all trump the Celtics but Boston is just on a completely different level with their coaching.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I just can't make myself buy into the Wizards. They just seem like underachievers forever.

• 1Solidarity