NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
That's the thing. If the Wizards had a coach as good as the Celtics I think they'd be at least as good as the Celtics at this point in time.

After the game Charles made some comment about thinking Kyrie would win MVP at this rate if they keep winning. Hell nah lol. Dude's averaging 20 and 5. Celtics are winning because of their D and their coaching, Kyrie is making a contribution for sure but nowhere near an MVP level contribution.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If the Cavs don't make the finals this year, then Lebron has already played in his last NBA Finals. The Celtics with a healthy Heyward will dominate the East.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah it's probably because he endorses BODYARMOR. But it's funny since Gatorade sponsors the NBA so there's always a Gatorade bottle on the table.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ejected KD on refs: 'I got to shut up and take it'

KD really works hard to be an unlikable bitch. The excessive foul calls last year needed reined in. If Harden didn't choke so hard every year, I'd consider the Rockets a front runner this year and hopefully it happens. I'd love to see a Celtics/Rockets finals instead of the same old shit from the past few years.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bengals season is practically over now so time to focus on one of the only teams I like that's good.

And yes I agree about KD. It's like all the cupcake shit got to his head and now he's trying to prove he's tough or something but it just comes across as bitch. Ejected again tonight. Also, Curry injury sucks. He's what makes the offense hum. Warriors can't rely on shootouts to win without him. Definitely can't slack off until they're down 20 anymore.

• 1Like

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Cavs are starting to find their rhythm. If IT can play like he did with the celtics I think they'll give the warriors a run for their money. The Eastern conference playoffs should be fun to watch this year too.. finally.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The 2020 All-Star game is a fun watch tonight.

Butler playing like a top 10 player. It's gonna be fun watching these two teams.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The 2020 All-Star game is a fun watch tonight.

Butler playing like a top 10 player. It's gonna be fun watching these two teams.

IIRC, This is the first time Butler has looked like Butler all season. Maybe we have a shot at the WC Title. The minutes Thibs doles out to the starters just screams injury city later in the season.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah that was a good game last night. MN still can't compete with Spurs, Warriors, and Rockets though. Shorthanded on both ends. Plus classic Thibs riding starters into the ground.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would be so ashamed if I was Lonzo. You're in a league with grown ass men - many of whom have children - and your dad is always getting up in your business. Just embarrassing.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think he's going to end up being a bust (if the expectation was an All Star). He doesn't drive, doesn't get free throws, doesn't finish at the rim. 18 made free throws in 27 games. Even if he fixes his shot, he's just too passive as a player.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think he's going to end up being a bust (if the expectation was an All Star). He doesn't drive, doesn't get free throws, doesn't finish at the rim. 18 made free throws in 27 games. Even if he fixes his shot, he's just too passive as a player.

This is how I feel about him. I know it's early, but I just can't really see him being more than an above-average starter.

Even coming out of the draft after watching him play against Fox and being ultra-passive in the tourney, I would have much rather had Fox or Dennis Smith Jr. going forward. Honestly, even Ntilikina should at least be a good defender & shooter.