NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I think part of it is playing with LeBron. What he was good at, playing with LeBron muted it some and he couldn't really adapt. I sometimes think they would have been better off keeping Wiggins and developing him to a three and D guy.

Bosh at least was able to change his game to provide more shooting and some crucial defense. He was an ideal big guy for the modern NBA, which is too bad given his health issues.

100% agree on Bosh. I've read some interviews with him in recent years and he knows it, too. Shame.

Love has adapted, just not as effectively. He's dropped a ton of weight and became a decent shooter from the outside. They have never been able to tap into his passing and he's physically incapable of becoming a solid defender. The fact that Ty Lue doesn't trust Love to run the offense or have any plays to run through him doesn't help his case; LeBron should not have to play 47-48 minutes with a no-D HoF'er on his team. Is it LeBron? Is it Ty Lue? Or is Love the opposite of Bosh and the game has passed him by?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Warriors up 9 at halftime. McGee leading the Dubs in plus-minus with +17 in 11 minutes and Tristan Thompson with a team-worst -19 in 12 minutes.

McGee making $2.1M this year. Thompson is in the middle of a 5-year $82M deal.

Great job by Kerr creating ways to exploit this matchup. McGee had just 6 field goal attempts in last years' Finals.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Warriors up 9 at halftime. McGee leading the Dubs in plus-minus with +17 in 11 minutes and Tristan Thompson with a team-worst -19 in 12 minutes.

McGee making $2.1M this year. Thompson is in the middle of a 5-year $82M deal.

Great job by Kerr creating ways to exploit this matchup. McGee had just 6 field goal attempts in last years' Finals.

Right on cue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is such a weak close out game. Feels like a regular season game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Rodney hood is the only Cavs player not playing like a zombie. Including lebron.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Disappointing ending to the series as the Cavs seemed content to lose. No fire. Didn't feel like a close-out game at all.

Few thoughts on the series:

LeBron disappointed. He was transcendent in Game 1 and then played just OK at home. He didn't assert himself. Sad LeBron stat:

Cavs seemed to contain Klay and Draymond but could not stop Steph, KD, or Warriors role players (see above comment on McGee). Coaching makes a difference.

Warriors were not challenged.

• 1Cutler
You cannot beat the GSW with one potential GOAT but pretty unreliable and weirdly sclerotic supporting cast.

Dan Gilbert, needs to let LBJ know he is releasing the Kraken tomorrow on the roster, in a few weeks announce Tyronn is moving on, and bye bye Love... or LBJ is gone. It is that simple.

Last edited:

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Plays like the curry three and that last steal on lebron are part of why he will never be on Michael's level.

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guess he didn't feel like taking a crack at the points record. He just looked resigned the whole 2nd half.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cant blame the guy...I would of mailed it in too if I were him. Kinda hard to beat 4 all stars when your co workers dont give a fuck

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Objectively I knew it, but it kind of just hit me what a career Kerr has had. Five rings as a player and three as a coach. White boy has done some work.

Junky Junky sure you can. When you're contending for GOAT status you dont get to give up.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lebron is the greatest ever. The greatest at getting swept!

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Cornball way to fix this shit?

Have the commish or whoever/whatever designate "tier 1" players. Can't have more than 2 per team. They must be offered super max contracts or some silly shit.

Worst finals ever.

Szlia

What we knew would happen at the start of the season happened. Congratulations to the Rockets for almost having it go off the script.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users