NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
"Never" is ridiculous. We can rightfully hate on Gaige for his near-gay fanboism, but there are certainly legitimate arguments to be made for LBJ surpassing MJ already. It's such a tired and boring discussion though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
"Never" is ridiculous. We can rightfully hate on Gaige for his near-gay fanboism, but there are certainly legitimate arguments to be made for LBJ surpassing MJ already. It's such a tired and boring discussion though.
I agree. I think I allow Lebron's attitude to really affect how I look at him. He is no doubt one of the greatest ever. But his constant whining on the court, over dramatizing fouls, inability to consistently get along with his coaches and/or teammates, and of course "The Decision", has just soured me on him completely.

I mean, he went to the press conference yesterday and talked about how HE is down 0-1, and how HE was down in the Finals 3-1 before, but still came back. He didn't say we, or the team, no it was all about him. That kind of stuff is just obnoxious.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4FfeWn5.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah, and of course his attitude with walking off the court last night before the final buzzer. Didn't even wait for his teammates, just left.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah, and of course his attitude with walking off the court last night before the final buzzer. Didn't even wait for his teammates, just left.

Exactly. He may have been the greatest of the current generation and may still be. But he will never be the greatest.

• 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande
Such a stupid criticism. Nobody's ever won one by themselves.
Good to see you ignored the most important part of my first sentence. You know, a bigger reason why Durant and the others left.

Edit: If the Cavs get booted out this early I'll lol. Maybe LeBron will have his house "vandalized" again so he can keep his name floating around.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm pretty damn satisfied with the Pelicans performance in the first 2 games. I pretty much wrote this season off when Cousins went down, but Holiday is on another level right now and the Mirotic pickup has paid off big time. If they manage to make it to the next round they'll probably get 4-1'd by GS, but my homerism makes me think it'd be a somewhat competitive series with Boogie.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to see, but that replay really made Love's thumb look like it may have broke. Looked pretty nasty

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya they are very sloppy and will just randomly go on a run of like 10-0. No consistency at all. I doubt they make the finals.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was watching young Micheal Jordan highlights earlier and he reminds me of a hybrid mix of Russel Westbrook and Kevin Durant.

Durant because he is lean and long, just shorter, but good shooter and great defender. Westbrook because his explosive ability to finish and ridiculous ball handling skills. That and they are both ruthless competitors.

I know people are going to hate for me putting Westbrook anywhere near Mike, but I'm not I'm just talking about play style not accolades.

Donavan Mitchell might be the most unseen talent in a while. I don't know what Malcom Brogdon did this year, but the difference between him and Mitchell talent and ability wise is fucking huge.

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I was watching young Micheal Jordan highlights earlier and he reminds me of a hybrid mix of Russel Westbrook and Kevin Durant.

Durant because he is lean and long, just shorter, but good shooter and great defender. Westbrook because his explosive ability to finish and ridiculous ball handling skills. That and they are both ruthless competitors.

I know people are going to hate for me putting Westbrook anywhere near Mike, but I'm not I'm just talking about play style not accolades.

Donavan Mitchell might be the most unseen talent in a while. I don't know what Malcom Brogdon did this year, but the difference between him and Mitchell talent and ability wise is fucking huge.

Met him a few times at Louisville games and he really is just a genuinely nice guy too. I expected him to be a solid rotational player in the NBA for a few years and then possibly get a starting gig after his first contract but I was not expecting this at all. I shouldn't really be surprised thinking back as he's always been known to put in an obscene amount of time and effort into perfecting his craft. Kid is going to be a star...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man after Love tried to save them with that 3 to get within 1. 6 turnovers for Lebron? Not getting it done.

Sigh. Love stepped up decently. But let's keep some perspective. Lebron has a lot of miles on his body. IMO he still sees the court sometimes like he has 8 eyes (on eye stocks, naturally). And they lost Kyrie.

But I got perspective. We are still watching one of the greatest players of all time. He still blows my mind, like the tight pass to Nance. Lebron = overclock at will.

I don't get the criticisms of him, and damn, I experienced The Decision (rat bastard). But still, he is a monster, and he still can freak me out. Of course, I am easily freaked out...
28sypy.jpg

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sigh. Love stepped up decently. But let's keep some perspective. Lebron has a lot of miles on his body. IMO he still sees the court sometimes like he has 8 eyes (on eye stocks, naturally). And they lost Kyrie.

But I got perspective. We are still watching one of the greatest players of all time. He still blows my mind, like the tight pass to Nance. Lebron = overclock at will.

I don't get the criticisms of him, and damn, I experienced The Decision (rat bastard). But still, he is a monster, and he still can freak me out. Of course, I am easily freaked out...
View attachment 165055

Correction. They didn't lose Kyrie. Lebron ran him out of town.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users