NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Luka just out dueled maybe the best defensive player in the league, and Finals MVP in crunch time with enormous stakes.

Im trying to tell you bros this guy is it. He is going to win titles, and transcend the sport ala Messi in soccer. LeBron is on his way out, it will be Lukas league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Luka really is the best player in this series. Crazy. What a performance!

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm getting a tramp stamp of Luka.

Is there really a better basketball player in the world right this second? In fairness, Kawhi has still been really good.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Luka just out dueled maybe the best defensive player in the league, and Finals MVP in crunch time with enormous stakes.

Im trying to tell you bros this guy is it. He is going to win titles, and transcend the sport ala Messi in soccer. LeBron is on his way out, it will be Lukas league.
The series should be 3-1 DAL if the refs hadn't done the largest rig job in the world in game 1.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Jozu

Doncic averaging 29 9 and 8 in the post season, just had another 40 pt triple double. Against the best defensive team in the league. The dude is just filthy. I think he is better than Kawhi.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
You mean the bitch ass white boy? Did the "no tolerance for racism" NBA punish anyone for that?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
You mean the bitch ass white boy? Did the "no tolerance for racism" NBA punish anyone for that?

joggers are the new chosen people. Hence no mainstream media coverage. Because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Had the roles been reversed, Luka would have been made an example by NBA how they are tackling the racism and probably banned for 50 games. But since the comment was made by a no name rank and file black guy, no one gives a shit

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not a Kawhi fan...but come on man.

He's been legitimately the best player on the court 3/4 games this series? Is he better than Kawhi? Probably not, but he's outplayed him this series no question (we're talking reigning Finals MVP, legitimate top 5 guy IN THE WORLD) - at 21 years old! Here's his series average (including a 13 point triple double where he hobbled off with a bum ankle early in the third quarter):

31.5; 10.5; 9.75; 1.5

His performances this season (in the bubble and playoffs especially) are no flukes, they're warning shots to the NBA. I've tried my best to hold off on the hyperbole, but it's hard to stop it when he's playing like this. His last game was the highest point/rebound/assist trip dub in NBA history on a bum ankle! Kawhi switches on him to guard him 1v1 and Doc within 90 seconds goes back zone. Zone!!!

If I'm the Mavs GM, or even a fan - I legitimately wouldn't trade him for ANYBODY in this league today. That includes Giannis (my favorite non-mav), Kawhi (2nd favorite non-mav), whoever. 21, and he's been the most dominant player in the series through 4 games against arguably the best team (best perimeter defensive team certainly) in this game. If he improves his 3 point shooting and FT shooting (which is a disgrace), I'm afraid to think of where he could take his game. He's the best passer in the league already behind Lebron, rebounds like Barkley, dishes like Magic, has Birds toughness, and MJ's huevos.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
He's been legitimately the best player on the court 3/4 games this series? Is he better than Kawhi? Probably not, but he's outplayed him this series no question (we're talking reigning Finals MVP, legitimate top 5 guy IN THE WORLD) - at 21 years old! Here's his series average (including a 13 point triple double where he hobbled off with a bum ankle early in the third quarter):

31.5; 10.5; 9.75; 1.5

His performances this season (in the bubble and playoffs especially) are no flukes, they're warning shots to the NBA. I've tried my best to hold off on the hyperbole, but it's hard to stop it when he's playing like this. His last game was the highest point/rebound/assist trip dub in NBA history on a bum ankle! Kawhi switches on him to guard him 1v1 and Doc within 90 seconds goes back zone. Zone!!!

If I'm the Mavs GM, or even a fan - I legitimately wouldn't trade him for ANYBODY in this league today. That includes Giannis (my favorite non-mav), Kawhi (2nd favorite non-mav), whoever. 21, and he's been the most dominant player in the series through 4 games against arguably the best team (best perimeter defensive team certainly) in this game. If he improves his 3 point shooting and FT shooting (which is a disgrace), I'm afraid to think of where he could take his game. He's the best passer in the league already behind Lebron, rebounds like Barkley, dishes like Magic, has Birds toughness, and MJ's huevos.

THAT I agree with. I would trade him for Kawhi and Giannis though. Especially Giannis. (I admit he's my favorite player).

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Nah. Luka is at the top of the Im hanging up the phone the second you propose a trade list.

His age, his ceiling, no other player has more value going forward IMO. Mark Cuban must be giddy. The Mavs were a mediocre team basically in rebuild mode 3 years ago and now they are competing for a championship because of one player.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Giannis is a stud, but no way I'm trading Luka for Giannis. Giannis' one massive flaw, is going to hurt him in these playoffs (again). Dude's a stud, but not being able to shoot is gonna be tough to overcome when you're the only "star" on your team; double Giannis, move him off the block etc.

Luka is also 21 and has room to really improve shot selection, his FT %, and his TOs. Kid could, very realistically, be a 50% FG (35-38% 3pt), 85% FT, 32ppg, 8 reb, 8 ast, 1 stl guy as soon as next year. But apples and oranges, I just think Luka's offensive game in today's league offers more upside. Both are phenomenal, and all the more reason for Giannis to come to Dallas <3.

I'm still ok with Kawhi being the "best player in the world". His defense is absolutely insane, and dude is unstoppable when he just forces (sometimes shoves) his way to the paint. But he is getting older.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can't believe Kawhi is still only 29. Feel like he's been in the league forever already.

• 1Truth!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider

Stop. Watching. The NBA. This is a league of racist, anti Semitic, race hustling illiterate trash. They hate this country. Stop watching.

Anyone who roots for Lebron is anti American. Dude is the biggest faggot on earth, and Cleveland is the asshole of this country.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Truth!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Stop. Watching. The NBA. This is a league of racist, anti Semitic, race hustling illiterate trash. They hate this country. Stop watching.

Anyone who roots for Lebron is anti American trash. Dude is the biggest faggot on earth, and Cleveland is the asshole of America.

I don't disagree but proselytize somewhere else.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Brony

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I don't disagree but proselytize somewhere else.
As long as the NBA places names of racist/Marxist organizations on the digital overlays of their courts, these type of posts will remain relevant and necessary in this thread.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users