NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My guess is yes, after the ratings took a shit they reeled it in a bit.

That's even worse and makes me want to watch the NBA even less. I could understand if they simply had principles or a cause they believe in that just happens to disagree with my own, but the fact they're willing to adopt such a drastic position that demonizes so many and then shrug if off because ratings? So, they were just like exploiting the BLM movement for their own gain? I mean obviously from the start since that's exactly what the BLM movement itself does regarding the actual causes of black Americans.

I don't see how someone can still enjoy the NBA and still have love for this country or themselves. It's been a good way to judge character, though. I mean imagine your daughters New boyfriend or a job applicant is still a did hard NBA fan... Unless they start explaining fast you basically know they're ignorant, or an idiot, or a doormat. May as well be in a cult.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't see how someone can still enjoy the NBA and still have love for this country or themselves. It's been a good way to judge character, though. I mean imagine your daughters New boyfriend or a job applicant is still a did hard NBA fan... Unless they start explaining fast you basically know they're ignorant, or an idiot, or a doormat. May as well be in a cult.

I like watching high stakes competitive sports. You act like everyone who could even consider watches NBA is secretly an Chinese sleeper agent or part of Antifa (a bit inconsistent!). You're making the same assumption extreme leftists do when they think anyone who votes for Trump is a racist.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I like watching high stakes competitive sports. You act like everyone who could even consider watches NBA is secretly an Chinese sleeper agent or part of Antifa (a bit inconsistent!). You're making the same assumption extreme leftists do when they think anyone who votes for Trump is a racist.
This is true that people who watch the NBA are not themselves CCP supporters or BLM activists. But the NBA ITSELF has proven beyond all doubt that it is beholden to racist/Marxist organizations and anyone supporting the NBA should be aware of that fact.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

Well, sure, let's talk Trump. The difference is Trump has been branded a racist based on bullshit. I can comfortably say I support Trump and defend against accusations of my being racist because of it by discussing it and showing the accusations of racism against him are unfounded slander, and trying to project that into me is idiocy.

Good luck trying to defend support of the NBA by showing the accusations against them are unfounded. They openly support BLM, a racist anti-black organization. They openly whore themselves for a communist government. They openly censor and suppress the spirit of free speech. They're increasingly openly complicit in human rights violations.

The defense that it wasn't really happening or wasn't that bad worked a few years ago. The mask is now off. The NBA are objectively supporting, perpetuating and maybe controlled by communists and political revolutionaries who share the goal of dismantling America.

Hard to justify! Sure, some people who are just ignorant and don't know no better, and I suppose they exist in certain communities, though probably not on these forums. So, that leaves idiot or coward in my personal assessment of who would still support the NBA, much less defend them. Idiot or coward? Uless you're saying there is another category I'm not considering. Sociopath? Competition addict?

To me, it's abhorrent and unnatural to acknowledge the NBA's complicity in these matters, and excuse them because you really like basketball. Also counterproductive because is all this helping the game? Are all the political and human rights distractions helping the product in the court?

I refuse to support the NBA precisely because I love baseketball. But I guess I accept that some people will overlook literal complicity with a communist government with citizens in concentration camps and support for a racist anti-black sham of a political movement... because they like basketball.

Guess I'm just not a big enough fan. I tend to draw the line for supporting sports and concentration camps and violent political revolution.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The CCP caused the global pandemic that we’re currently experiencing, and they’re also committing genocide as we speak. They have infiltrated our schools and will be interfering in our elections. We are at war with the CCP, and the NBA is in league with our literal enemy. While they lie in bed with the most oppressive and racist country on Earth, they have the audacity to lecture us about racism and oppression.

Watch baseball. They stopped that BLM shit after opening day. They also don’t have a system of CCP farm leagues where they beat children like the NBA does.

Lebron James is an unamerican race hustling bitch who will never be 1/10th of what Jordan was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
All of that is true. That ESPN story was the first piece of quality investigative journalism they've had in a very, very long time. And it was very eye-opening. Maybe my problem is that all my other sports teams are perennial losers and the Dubs are all I got when it comes to winners.

A's look good now but they'll surely choke as always. And yeah, I'm a two team faggot when it comes to baseball.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
All of that is true. That ESPN story was the first piece of quality investigative journalism they've had in a very, very long time. And it was very eye-opening. Maybe my problem is that all my other sports teams are perennial losers and the Dubs are all I got when it comes to winners.

A's look good now but they'll surely choke as always. And yeah, I'm a two team faggot when it comes to baseball.

I feel your pain. I grew up in Northern California in a huge Giants and 49er family, and as the black sheep I rooted for the A's and Raiders, and was the only person in my family that followed basketball and finally the Warriors got worth watching and I had some bragging rights. At one point even got my girlfriend into it enough she was following the TV schedule and would let me know a game was on and sometimes watch them with me. Was good times, but right is right, so fuck em at this point.

Thing that really sucked was giving up Jim Rome when he started having political takes that sucked (breaking two of his own rules) and same with Bill Simmons. I didn't want a convergence of sports and politics, but here we are, and again right is right even when it sucks.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll gladly accept the #2 pick. Healthy Klay and Steph, Dray, and a #2 that should be able to contribute immediately.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who are they going to draft so that person can eventually wind up in Boston and finally in a Championship?

If Rosas finds a good trade, he needs to trade it. This team really doesn't have the time to develop rookies anymore.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Ya'll enjoy Montrez Harrell calling Luka a "bitch ass white boy" while the NBA lectures you about racism?

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Can't be racist against white people, even if they're from Slovenia and their lives were almost certainly 1000% harder than an Americans.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That shit fucking drives me insane, reverse roles and it's the biggest sports story this summer.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Hard to even find info on the "exchange" as one headline called it, so I guess they both said inappropriate things? Even without the "white" aspect isn't that against some rule now? Calling another player a bitch ass boy is sexist and could be argued to be homophobic. Haven't fans been booted over language or even just accusations they said something racial? I dunno it's just weird nobody is even talking about it.

Not that I care about language on the court. I thought it was funny that a majority black sport was so homophobic and unprofessional they had to make specific rules regarding homophobic slurs. Is it even against rules to say the n-word of you're a black played? (Honeslty note sure and Google is useless anymore).

There have always been racist double standards and systemic racism in basketball that favor black players, so none of this should be a surprise.

The all black cast on ABC's NBA coverage hadn't brought up the racist use of language, yet. And I normally wouldn't note the color of skin but isn't that what BLM says we should do these days, right? Count and note races to ensure fairness. Wait, nope, they have Woj after a BLM spot... And the feed goes dead, lol.

It's ironic that the NBA keeps pushing awareness of racial injustice when they're one of the most prominent examples of systemic racism and racial bias. Almost has me wondering if it's not about equality or fairness, but about seizing power and favor. I mean, it's complicated obviously since we can all agree bringing black slaves to America was the worst thing our country ever did.

Does the NBA count as reparations?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Can't be racist against white people, even if they're from Slovenia and their lives were almost certainly 1000% harder than an Americans.

Hol' up. But not harder than black Americans. Sorry, Black Americans. Surely Black Americans have worse outcomes worldwide. Proven by the George Floyd and BLM protests throughout Europe trying to finally being equality to oppressed Black Europeans.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kemba has really elevated this team. He was overlooked, and a free agent afterthought as 95% of the league assumed he was going to keep Jordans nuts in his mouth and stay in Charlotte. But he wanted to be apart of a storied franchise who had a chance at a chip, so good for him.

Couldnt of worked out better. They had Kyrie Fucking Irving, the big Finals shot, the legendary handles, the nimble inside game, Uncle Drew. bla bla bla. Except the unheralded Walker has turned this unit into a better team offensively and defensively. He is a better leader by an immeasurable magnitude, and a much better teammate and locker room presence.

None of it will matter if they get crushed by the Bucks again though.

• 1Like