NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
And Luka could end up a better player at the end of his career than Jerry West, Karl Malone, Dirk Nowitzki and at least a couple others. Esp if he wins a title.

So you're saying Luka could maybe challenge Nowitzki for a spot in the top 20 of all time?

Last edited:

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The only thing keeping Duncan in the Top 20 is his ring count. Period. I’d take 21 year-old Luka over 21 year-old Duncan every single day.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fair enough. Jordan had a sensational rookie year, Johnson won a title as a rookie, playing center in the finals to boot.

Im just saying, Luka is the most sensational young player since LeBron. Id take Luka over Zion, Ja Morant, and every other player to come in the league since LeBron. AD is dominant but even then I'd rather build with Doncic.

And Luka could end up a better player at the end of his career than Jerry West, Karl Malone, Dirk Nowitzki and at least a couple others. Esp if he wins a title.

Now? Oh hell yes, he's the best of the young guns hands down! It's kind of not even close outside Morant. Zion is over rated IMO. There are more sensational players, but none as solid as Luka. I just don't see him staying that way. My biggest beef is, people keep saying he's only going to get better as he learns the little intricacies of the game. True enough. BUT what they are not saying is he's not going to get quicker, he's not going to get faster, where as let's say Ja Morant probably will. Luka is not built that way. Great news is that his game doesn't require it. Like Harden. So I think it's a wash. The Ja Morants will learn the game as well, and probably get faster and quicker, and slowly pull away. Mostly on the defensive side TBH. BUT to be honest the Ja Morants break down hard, and when they do, their game is pretty much gone. Think Iverson, Payton, Derrick Rose etc...So we shall see who is better in the long run.

I think he will be a top 50 player no doubt if he stays pat. Being closer to 25 than 50 obviously. Some of those top 50 are suspect on most lists.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The only thing keeping Duncan in the Top 20 is his ring count. Period. I’d take 21 year-old Luka over 21 year-old Duncan every single day.

Agreed on ring count keeping him top 20, but that is pretty much all that counts for separating all stars. I'd take 21 Y.O Luka over Duncan also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

babo

Lord Nagafen Raider
bandwagon.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Good chance Zion flames out from injuries I think.

If you watch the NBA you hate America

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Totally discounting his defensive impact and ignoring Lukas lack of it

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If you watch the NBA you hate America

The names on the jerseys are extremely dumb but nothing else has been eyeroll-worthy. The shit in China is sketchy but that's also like...every American company.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Imbecile
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Is Luca a better player than LeBron was at 20, 21 years old? I say yes.

Better than Durant? I say yes.

Better than Jordan? The stats say yes.

Better than basically everyone who has ever played basketball? Maybe. He is almost averaging 30 8 9 for his career. He is hitting almost 3 threes a game, making only 32% of them, but it allows him to still space the floor at least. And he JUST turned 21.
What do dicks taste like, I think you know.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is Luca a better player than LeBron was at 20, 21 years old? I say yes.

Better than Durant? I say yes.

Better than Jordan? The stats say yes.

Better than basically everyone who has ever played basketball? Maybe. He is almost averaging 30 8 9 for his career. He is hitting almost 3 threes a game, making only 32% of them, but it allows him to still space the floor at least. And he JUST turned 21.

This is definitely a great comparison since all these players played in the same era with the same rules. I can tell you totally factored that in when comparing stat lines.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The names on the jerseys are extremely dumb but nothing else has been eyeroll-worthy. The shit in China is sketchy but that's also like...every American company.
BLM on the court is pretty fucking eyeroll-worthy. BLM has nothing to do with black lives actually mattering, and is a disgusting political agenda that should be nowhere near sports.

Also, watching the Lakers implode makes me sad and happy all at the same time. Been a life long Lakers fan, but I just can't fucking stand Lebron. Seeing them win another title would be great, but watching Lebron flame out is also something I am OK with. So very conflicted!

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Does every American company lecture you incessantly about racism and oppression?

American companies need to at least start decoupling from China. The NBA product is profitable and exists just fine without money from the CCP. Again, this is the equivalent of being in bed with Nazi Germany (holocaust and all).

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is definitely a great comparison since all these players played in the same era with the same rules. I can tell you totally factored that in when comparing stat lines.

lol? You act like Jordan was playing in the 60's or some shit. Yea late 80's ball was more physical, but comparing Jordan to modern day players isnt that much of a stretch. The biggest difference was the hand check elimination, other than that the only real difference is the quality of players and athleticism etc.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Does every American company lecture you incessantly about racism and oppression?

Beyond the big ass "BLACK LIVES MATTER" on the court I haven't heard any racism rhetoric. I've only watched 4-5 games but it's been business as usual. Lotta talk about "the bubble" and COVID bullshit though.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Moron

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Beyond the big ass "BLACK LIVES MATTER" on the court I haven't heard any racism rhetoric. I've only watched 4-5 games but it's been business as usual. Lotta talk about "the bubble" and COVID bullshit though.
Maybe they toned it down after their ratings shit the bed. I wouldn't know, I'm not watching because I love my country.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe they toned it down after their ratings shit the bed. I wouldn't know, I'm not watching because I love my country.
To be fair to Alex, I didn't hear a word mentioned about it in the 15ish minutes I watched of the Lakers last night. I didn't watch any of the season when it restarted, and that is when I heard most of the commentators were talking about it. My guess is yes, after the ratings took a shit they reeled it in a bit.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
lol? You act like Jordan was playing in the 60's or some shit. Yea late 80's ball was more physical, but comparing Jordan to modern day players isnt that much of a stretch. The biggest difference was the hand check elimination, other than that the only real difference is the quality of players and athleticism etc.

LOL. How about that little thing called zone defense? Come on man, think this stuff through.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
LOL. How about that little thing called zone defense? Come on man, think this stuff through.
Modern help defense and the change in illegal defense aren't a thing sir. We all know that whatever era you prefer is the best and has the best players and anyone from that era would dominate every other era, because unlike every single other sport there's no actual progression.

• 1Worf