<Bronze Donator>
Oh look, the Lakers won and nobody gives a shit

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh look, the Lakers won and nobody gives a shit
Who would have thought overlapping with the NFL, a big gap near the end of the season, and all the dumb political shit would result in shit ratings. The actual basketball during the playoffs was pretty good all that other shit aside.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Who would have thought overlapping with the NFL, a big gap near the end of the season, and all the dumb political shit would result in shit ratings. The actual basketball during the playoffs was pretty good all that other shit aside.
Kentucky Derby was down about 40% viewership as well. Those horses gonna quickly realize once you go woke you go broke.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
NBA rigged the Finals for lebron to be the face of the vote
They thought it would gain my vote
Trump hates lebron and i hate bron too
TRUMP 2020

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They rigged the Finals? Lakers were obviously the better team.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Faggotry

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
A tree fell in the woods and nobody watched the nba finals

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
lebron jurassic park finals.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Kentucky Derby was down about 40% viewership as well. Those horses gonna quickly realize once you go woke you go broke.

Hmmm, I didn't know 40% and 70% were in the same ballpark. You don't do stats, do you? Derby averages about 15 million the past 7 years. It still had almost 10 million viewers on Labor Day weekend. NBA finals couldn't even hit 6 million in Game 6 who gave a damn while 18.6 million watched Game 6 last year. Sounds like a huge difference in viewership but I'm sure the Derby appreciated the extra 4 million willing to watch horses circling a track instead of SJW retards circling a bucket.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Hmmm, I didn't know 40% and 70% were in the same ballpark. You don't do stats, do you? Derby averages about 15 million the past 7 years. It still had almost 10 million viewers on Labor Day weekend. NBA finals couldn't even hit 6 million in Game 6 who gave a damn while 18.6 million watched Game 6 last year. Sounds like a huge difference in viewership but I'm sure the Derby appreciated the extra 4 million willing to watch horses circling a track instead of SJW retards circling a bucket.
I think it's a bunch of things and not just the SJW stuff. Being on during NFL season and MLB playoffs is something they generally don't have to deal with as well. Not that the SJW stuff wasn't probably a factor, but it's a lot of things.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it's a bunch of things and not just the SJW stuff. Being on during NFL season and MLB playoffs is something they generally don't have to deal with as well. Not that the SJW stuff wasn't probably a factor, but it's a lot of things.
You're the most reasonable sports fan on this forum. That you're a Yankees fan is doing it on hard mode so kudos to you.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You're the most reasonable sports fan on this forum. That you're a Yankees fan is doing it on hard mode so kudos to you.
Couldn't be helped. As a kid watching Mattingly, Henderson, Winfield, etc play was amazing. They couldn't pitch for shit, but they sure had some offense.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
"Football Sunday" is no doubt what the NBA brass and owners will use to hand wave away the reality, and the reality is the ratings have been dreadful since well before football season started again. They were terrible when your only other sporting option was golf, European Soccer and womens basketball. They had nothing to compete against and ratings were still down.

They definitely dipped lower after football season started, but the league is going to lean hard on this narrative and it's frankly nonsense. The NBA has a huge messaging problem and while get woke go broke isn't entirely responsible, it's a huge miscalculation on the part of the league. That the owners themselves (including good old cucked Morey) leaned so hard into these positions tells you all you need to know about the NBA - The NFL, all problems included, have owners who realize the total, absolute control they have on their league and this would never happen so long as these old rich dudes draw breath.

I actually expect these fools to double down next season - not like Mark Cuban, Steve Kerr and all these other twits are going to suddenly do an about face after exposing their nonsense to the entire country.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Your sport is in trouble if a regular season garbage football game is causing massive ratings drops in the NBA. Doesn't even matter about SJW stuff. As an owner I would be way more worried about the NFL regular season game demolishing your finals.

• 2Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
And whats even more damning, is the quality of basketball played was in no way tarnished because of the bubble. The playoffs were exciting, there were good games, competitive throughout. And yet the ratings STILL tanked.

SJW garbage was definitely a big factor.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going to tell myself that Golden State is the savior of the NBA and people don't want to watch a Finals where the golden savior Steph Curry isn't involved.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Imagine if Wiggins finally somehow realizes his true potential and unlocks the rest of his game, and they hit with the #2 overall pick in the draft?

They would be rolling out:

PG Curry
SG Thompson
SF Wiggy
PF #2 pick
C Green

They would definitely contend for the top seed in west with that squad healthy. (and 2nd pick turns out to be a breakout star/borderline star) I dont think they will pick LaMelo Ball, even though he is rated the #2 pick in the country atm. They could then go with James Wiseman or Obi Toppin. Its either Edwards, Ball, Wiseman or Toppin for them though. Any one of those guys could potentially fit well besides Ball, unless he was like the 2nd unit guy who came off the bench.

I like Jalen Smith for the Celtics, he is the perfect fit for them, a double double every night IMO. He could also be a dominant rim protector at the 4, he averaged 2.4 blocks per game last year. (only 2.2 pf per for his career, so he stays on the court) Going to be a weird 2020-2021 season as the turnaround is what, not even a month or 2? They cant start the season any later than Thanksgiving no?

Last edited: