NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Leretard

The NBA have handled this whole thing like retards. Steve Kerr has a shitty opinion on literally everything political, can’t be arsed to comment. Lebron calling MIT grad Morey uninformed and ignorant, blah blah blah. The hypocrisy is so blatant, so galling it’s almost enough to turn me off the league this season.... but.... mavs are exciting again for first time in 8 years.... wut do

I typically like Kerr's takes. His message is generally "don't be an asshole". What's wrong with that?

And I disagree the NBA handled this poorly. Silver already came out days ago saying he won't stifle speech and let the players, coaches, GMs to speak their mind. Unless you were hoping for Silver to take China's side.

Then LeBron had to have the worst take of all.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Lebron calling anyone uneducated is hilarious. So can we expect instagram videos of family wonton-Wednesday?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wait what?

Steve Kerr, a pretty intelligent guy who has an opinion on literally everything, when asked about China's abhorrent human rights record (I could go into detail at length if you'd like) suddenly pivots, says he's not really thought much about it and then deflects back to the USA's poor record with gun safety? Are we to believe Steve Kerr has absolutely no idea what's happening with ethnic muslims in China, how the protesters in Hong Kong have been treated, etc.... yet some dumb fuck oilman from Texas aka me, does? In what world is Steve Kerr ignorant to that, particularly when China is the NBA's (and lest we forget, Nike's) golden goose.

Just... what? Take a fucking stance - everyone in the NBA, save Morey, looks like a total fucking Chinese finger puppet. All of these dumb fuck "woke" basketball players (looking at you Curry, Lebron, KD) are the first to comment re: Kaep, re: Police brutality, re: gun control, re: our commandant in chief (which I don't really care for, but am absolutely fine with their right to make those comments); yet the minute they have an opportunity to stand up to real, wide scale and utterly disgusting human rights abuses, driven by communist rhetoric they tuck into their shell and say not word one. It's obvious Silver, and the NBA/Nike are banking on China as the future growth vehicle for the league so this affects them in real dollars and cents - it's also obvious that being "woke" in 2019 is profitable (or at least perceived that way if follow the direction Nike seems to be going in) - finally, it's obvious, at least to me that none of these guys give two fucks generally about what's happening in the world around them, as long as the message stays on point, and the point at the moment is "hurr durr, we're 2 dum to understand the climate politically in China - but... muh gunzzzz!"

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Wait what?

Steve Kerr, a pretty intelligent guy who has an opinion on literally everything, when asked about China's abhorrent human rights record (I could go into detail at length if you'd like) suddenly pivots, says he's not really thought much about it and then deflects back to the USA's poor record with gun safety? Are we to believe Steve Kerr has absolutely no idea what's happening with ethnic muslims in China, how the protesters in Hong Kong have been treated, etc.... yet some dumb fuck oilman from Texas aka me, does? In what world is Steve Kerr ignorant to that, particularly when China is the NBA's (and lest we forget, Nike's) golden goose.

Just... what? Take a fucking stance - everyone in the NBA, save Morey, looks like a total fucking Chinese finger puppet. All of these dumb fuck "woke" basketball players (looking at you Curry, Lebron, KD) are the first to comment re: Kaep, re: Police brutality, re: gun control, re: our commandant in chief (which I don't really care for, but am absolutely fine with their right to make those comments); yet the minute they have an opportunity to stand up to real, wide scale and utterly disgusting human rights abuses, driven by communist rhetoric they tuck into their shell and say not word one. It's obvious Silver, and the NBA/Nike are banking on China as the future growth vehicle for the league so this affects them in real dollars and cents - it's also obvious that being "woke" in 2019 is profitable (or at least perceived that way if follow the direction Nike seems to be going in) - finally, it's obvious, at least to me that none of these guys give two fucks generally about what's happening in the world around them, as long as the message stays on point, and the point at the moment is "hurr durr, we're 2 dum to understand the climate politically in China - but... muh gunzzzz!"

This..... all of fucking this.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I'm not on China's side by any means, so i'm not defending them, but all of you faggots going apeshit over "China's record with their Muslim population" can eat a dick. Fucking pussies.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Picard

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not on China's side by any means, so i'm not defending them, but all of you faggots going apeshit over "China's record with their Muslim population" can eat a dick. Fucking pussies.
so no one here then?

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

WTF are you talking about?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's about the hypocrisy more than the specifics. If there was some Muslim population getting slaughtered in the US, you can guarantee Lebron would speak about it -- but only because it wouldn't lose him money. Start risking his money, like in China, and it's a whole different story.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
These athletes and celebrities should look at some parallels and come to the very obvious conclusion, "Oh shit, America is fucking amazing. Here in China if I spoke out, my head would be on a stick".

"So many people could have been harmed, not only financially but physically, emotionally, spiritually. So just be careful what we tweet and what we say and what we do. Even though yes, we do have freedom of speech, it can be a lot of negative that comes with it." - LeBron James

Jesus, the hypocrisy there is just bad. Me, me, me, me, me.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
EG64-tOWoAMp4a0

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Thanks Steve. Give our regards to the guys next practice will ya? Any more nuggets of wisdom?

Rude

Potato del Grande
Thanks Steve. Give our regards to the guys next practice will ya? Any more nuggets of wisdom?
Didn't you hear he said AR15s are just as bad or worse than anything going on in China

• 2Worf

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's behind a paywall but the WSJ is reporting Morey's social media accounts were/are attacked by Chinese bots.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't want to hear the NBA or its players say shit about the NFL or Kaeperbro.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't want to hear the NBA or its players say shit about the NFL or Kaeperbro.

You better be ready for 4 more years of "We aren't going to the White House even if invited" and a whole lot of other shit because they aren't going to stop....

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If preseason is anything to go by, Andew Wiggins is on pace to having a worse season than last year. FML

What a fucking retard.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I thought he was gonna be great. I remember shitting on the Cavs for getting rid of him but it may have been one of their better moves. Even though Kevin Love wasn't great, he was probably way better than Wiggins for that title.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Going to the preseason games tonight. Excited to check out the new arena. I've heard it's spectacular.