NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
A coach has to have success with multiple teams before you can say its them or just the team they coach. Right now being better than Mark Jackson is what we agree on.

Things like "changing the way the game is played!" being about his coaching genius and not the talent he was given to work with is crazy talk.

To your first point, Popovich. Don't even need to say anything else.

To your second point, highlight what's false about the four points I made. Are centers not undervalued more than ever? What offensive style is becoming more popular and why? These are fundamental changes to the way teams are rostered and the styles they play. This goes far beyond "Steph and Klay are good". I don't think most other coaches would have even given Green a chance at being a starter because of his size.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
To your first point, Popovich. Don't even need to say anything else.

To your second point, highlight what's false about the four points I made. Are centers not undervalued more than ever? What offensive style is becoming more popular and why? These are fundamental changes to the way teams are rostered and the styles they play. This goes far beyond "Steph and Klay are good". I don't think most other coaches would have even given Green a chance at being a starter because of his size.

Popovich coached many different teams, even if they were all the Spurs.

None of your other points have anything to do with a coaches greatness. Teams copying other teams is nothing new and goes back to GMs more than coaches.

You're left with Kerr is an amazing coach because he put Green in at center.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Whatabout Kerr starting Boogie Cousins game 2 of the finals last year? Almost save the season for the Warriors. I mean, until Kerr started starting him. But that game 2 move. Mmmmuuuuah, masterful!

giphy.gif

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Whatabout Kerr starting Boogie Cousins game 2 of the finals last year? Almost save the season for the Warriors. I mean, until Kerr started starting him. But that game 2 move. Mmmmuuuuah, masterful!

Whataburger is better

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Time to secure a lotto pick and come back next year in force with a healthy squad!

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Time to secure a lotto pick and come back next year in force with a healthy squad!

Have a feeling Draymond's gonna cause some real internal drama of we're this bad all season though.
I mean a lottery pick may have happened anyways, this just makes it for sure. They're going to have games where they score like 80 and they don't really play defense so it's going to be real, real bad.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm ok with it. Weren't gonna win a title anyway and this gets more play time for Evans. Just sucks it's all over so soon. Warriors will be downright unwatchable. And with the Bengals? Long winter ahead. It baseball season yet?

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
so how many games are Embiid, KAT, and potentially Simmons going to get suspended for last night?

• 1Salty

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kerr is an interesting case as he might be one of the poorest game managers in the NBA when it comes to adjusting and usage of clock/tactics etc (not roster tinkering) but is also a great players coach who guided 5 all stars/superstars to multiple championships and made it all work.

If LeBeon doesnt chase down that block and Draymond doesnt act like a retard, he could of had 4 titles, 5 if KD stays healthy last year.

Then there is the Mark Jackson angle, he is a tough case to evaluate. Warriors dynasty is officially dead though. It was already dead, but when Curry went down it was truly the END.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I wouldn't say poorest in terms of adjusting. The Warriors were infamous the past few years for their halftime adjustments and blowing teams out in the third quarter. It was a regular occurrence for a team to be in it - even in the lead at halftime. And then down by 20 at the end of the third.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Who the hell is Kendrick Nunn and how in the hell did the Warriors miss his potential while vetting him?

Zzen

Potato del Grande
LeBron already in playoff form, flopping like a faggot all over the court.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Feel sorry for the NBA teams that don’t get to watch Luka every night. Kids a beast, liking Mavs this season

• 1Solidarity

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Lakers needed MASSIVE referee help to beat Mavericks. I’m thinking ranking them 2nd in the West was me waaaay overrating the Lakers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This will become the Luka Doncic Appreciation thread.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the refs review a charge call during the Twolves game tonight, and they uphold the call. Then the Bucks do a coaches challenge, the refs review it again, and somehow it gets switched to a blocking foul. Just wtf.

Last edited:
  • 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users