NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I mean there was a drumbeat in the Toronto media that they should retire Kawhi’s number after they won the championship. Gotta get those Skip Bayless clickbaits!

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
LBJ will need to bring home at least two more titles to even be in the discussion.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is that list in a particular order? Magic not being at the top seems suspect. Lebron on the list is kind of dumb, he hasn't even been there 3 seasons yet.

Jozu

She did that as a slight to Magic.

Magic Johnson was the greatest Laker of all time, without a doubt.

Hosix

All labs matter!
He's such a little bitch

Lol wow....sorry but none of these guys could have survived 80/90’s basketball. They would have been crying like a little bitch. John starks used to tackle people on breakaway

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Lol wow....sorry but none of these guys could have survived 80/90’s basketball. They would have been crying like a little bitch. John starks used to tackle people on breakaway
Shooting foul....

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!

If someone fouled Lebron like this? China would be upset.

• 1Like

Jozu

So no one is going to talk about one of the most ridiculous, and kind of bizarre sports and pop culture mash ups on ESPN called ARENA OF HEROES.

ESPN really created a Marvel super hero themed NBA game broadcast, complete with digital overlays showing BOOM! graphics when someone is blocked, or the ball being on fire when a guy hits a couples 3's, and each player is assigned a different hero they "become".

This might be the most fucking retarded shit I have ever seen. Whos mans came up with this? And better yet, who fucking greenlit it?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
This might be the most fucking retarded shit I have ever seen. Whos mans came up with this? And better yet, who fucking greenlit it?
It makes more sense when you realize Disney owns both properties. I'm actually quite surprised Disney hasn't added Mickey and Donald to parts of ESPN broadcast

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

LMAO. They mine as well, I would rather watch Mickey Mouse talk about true shooting percentage than another second of Stephen A Smith. I mean, its so bad now that they got the fucking guy arguing with a baby version of himself. Like....what?

Dont get me wrong, if I was 9 years old...that shit would be awesome. But.....no.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
LMAO. They mine as well, I would rather watch Mickey Mouse talk about true shooting percentage than another second of Stephen A Smith. I mean, its so bad now that they got the fucking guy arguing with a baby version of himself. Like....what?

Dont get me wrong, if I was 9 years old...that shit would be awesome. But.....no.
You might not be the target audience

• 1Faggotry

Jozu

Why do you really think that is a quality/entertaining feature in general?

Im being serious. I guess if you loved the MCU and casually watched basketball then, yeah maybe you would enjoy it. But I cant imagine real basketball enthusiasts will want to watch a game with that theme, or any theme for that matter.

What is interesting, and exciting to me is the blend of digital media entertainment meshing with live broadcast content. Imagine if instead of Marvel heroes it was a NBA Jam type theme, where they increased the size of the player heads, and added the HES ON FIRE, and all the other bells and whistles. Maybe I would watch that out of curiosity. But like I said anyone who is an actual NBA fan and follows a team isnt going to want to see all of that bullshit either way.

edit: another thing I noticed, that is kind of sexy, is the way the broadcast itself looks. The camera looks different, maybe its 120hz or they use a different type of camera, but the players and movement appear to be more fluid, its hard to explain.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Lebron is the greatest bitch in history. I don’t know about any other accolades but he’s got that at least. Imagine a guy with a high school education, a giant body, and an ability to play with a ball getting so much influence. What an idiotic nation we live in.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users